1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good Keyword?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by mproducer, Feb 19, 2013.

Hello,

I'm new to the keyword game but I'm learning - just wondering I found a long tail keyword (3 words) - its very specific to my website and niche of music production but not the genre but
    This keyword gets 24.9 mil global searches and low competition its broad in the sense on genre but its aimed at music production -

My question: Is it still possible to use these keywords with millions of views or are they over saturated?

mproducer, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  2. scholarsjunction

scholarsjunction Member

Best Answers:
    Targeting long tail keywords are always good. There are many benefits of using long tail keywords like its low in competition, you will get targeted traffic to your site, it can easily rank on search engines.

scholarsjunction, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  3. John B.

John B. Member

Best Answers:
    The primary goal of better and competitive keywords is to draw as much traffic as you can.However,the quality of traffic matters a lot.Don't mind about over-saturation !what matters is how good you optimize those keywords to rank better on search engines than your rivals.I have been using long tail keywords for my SEO website and trust me, the competition for SEO keywords is very stiff.I use Google adwords tool to generate the keywords and then use GeoRanker tool to analyse my site and the sites of my rivals to see how well specific keywords are doing on my site and on the sites of competitors.If a competitor ranks better than me,i will go to his site and try to know what i am not doing right and implement it as soon as i can.

Hope i was of help to you.

Regards.

John B., Feb 21, 2013 IP
  4. backlinkman

backlinkman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As John B says use the free google adwords tool to find your keywords and don't ignore keywords with 100 or 200 views a month, I have made sales from keywords that only get 60 to 70 monthly searches according to google. To go one step further get something to check the competition like market samurai I mention this a lot but it love this tool but there are many others that can check competition.

Try to find "buyer keywords" like "Buy XXXX" "XXXXX Review" " The Best XXXXXX" these are good buyer keywords to target

Hope that helps
    Steve

backlinkman, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  5. xtremseller

xtremseller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Adword In the start I enjoy also the matter . It is really interesting software which is made for keyword help.

xtremseller, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  6. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why are you looking at "Broad Match", they will do you no good. If you want accurate results, you need to look at the Exact Match searches. Trust, it won't be millions of views lol.

Also, try seeing if you find a 4 tail variation. Those are normally untapped, and you typically can rank really fast. Although that's not always the case, it increases your chances for success. :)

coloma21, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  7. tonys10

tonys10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @cloma21 > agree 100% .. search for exact match monthly searches and calculate the keyword efficiency index (KEI)

tonys10, Feb 27, 2013 IP
    kafai likes this.
  8. tonys10

tonys10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the good keywords usually with KEI >1

tonys10, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  9. TiborSzalay

TiborSzalay Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you don't go after this keyword for these reasons.

1. You got the wrong search volume metric. Switch to exact.
    2. Keyword is probably over saturated like you said.
    3. Competition is extremely high.

Side note: You can go after any keyword with appropriate budget. Don't expect to rank for keywords like this with free tools and methods.

TiborSzalay, Mar 8, 2013 IP