1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making A Torrent Site. Anyone Willing To Help?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by TriForce635, Feb 10, 2013.

Well, I'm creating a torrent site but I'm pretty new to php/sql and html actually...
    I've followed a few guides but got stuck at the actual use of the database tables in a source code "gazelle". Not knowing what to do next is the frustrating part...

If anyone has time to help please email me at: . I will go over future plans for it after I can get to understand up until the site's actual release.
    Thanks. ;D

TriForce635, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  2. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What hosting are you using for this? This is the most important since they will try to close you down ASP!

TheSyndicate, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  3. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, plus depending on the country you could be thrown in jail.... Not my cup of tea, I'm too good looking to go to jail...

superrichguy, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  4. TriForce635

TriForce635 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm hosting it myself. Country? Jail? lol

http://torrentfreak.com/antigua-government-set-to-launch-pirate-website-to-punish-united-states-130124/

I'm in this country. Recently noticed they have a copyright bypass currently...I'll want to try to release this as soon as my gov. releases theirs if they actually do. I'll be back to see who's interested in 9 hours... Have to work =/

TriForce635, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  5. TriForce635

TriForce635 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm online. :D
    Looking for one person or maximum of 2 coders to help me with this. Hopefully you can understand the concepts of installing/configuring apache, phpmyadmin, mysql, Memcached, Sphinx and knowledge of ubuntu and probably a bit on vmware for now until my server is posted here.

The community should rise to about 100k - a few million if everything goes well. For those that wish to help further beyond the site being at stable functionality, html and know how to implement flash and other upgrades to the sites appearance to give a unique feel.

Your name will not be needed or exposed upon helping. Otherwise, if your interested for person gain, "in time", that can be discussed privately.

Read my above post if your a bit hesitant. :p
    I'll be semi-afk awaiting your favorable responses.

TriForce635, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  6. JoshDylan

JoshDylan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, here is this topic again. Take it from someone who actually looked into this, dont do it. It's not worth the risk. You need to make sure you yourself are located in a country that not only allows the content, but also has a fully certified SAS70+ datacenter for your servers to store all of your data.

Im sorry but, no website is worth going to prison longer then a rapist. Take a look at our buddy from MegaUpload <.<

JoshDylan, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  7. TriForce635

TriForce635 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Please re-read http://torrentfreak.com/antigua-government-set-to-launch-pirate-website-to-punish-united-states-130124/

Can't go to jail for something authorized by court ruling. >_>
    Not only that a simple torrent site that has this advantages can be scalable. Doin't need a high end data-center to do this.

If anyone got html skills/knowledge, pm me please! :D

TriForce635, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  8. JoshDylan

JoshDylan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just so you know, no court ruling was made, WTO is not a court. Antigua, as in the country itself, is selling us work without paying copyright fees in order to accommodate for the huge loss in jobs directly caused by the US's internet gambling laws. With that being said, YOU have absolutely no dang right to do the same. Now you can still have a torrent site, in a country that allows it. You will also need to host the content thier as well, or it will indeed be illegal. When I refer to the datacenter, im talking about using an entire datacenter but an individual server. Im trying to give you a heads up and avoid prison, but considering you feel you have the right to do something because a COUNTRY can, we wont be hearing many more replies back from you.

JoshDylan, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  9. kulik

kulik Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, first you have four posts. Second, you want to create a torrent site with no knowledge about anything, except what you've only read from Torrent Freak. This screams NO.

You will hit a disaster very soon after trying to release a new site like this with no knowledge. Hypercube is dead and Gottfried in prison, OpenTracker old, Gazelle is What.cd's old code and useless, TBDev is dead and will never come back and very outdated against PHP, blah blah.

You have to be willing an able to code daily, spend a shit ton of money daily, and then in the end understand it all, and why you are doing it for legal reasons with a back of lawyers who support this.

Not to mention private servers as far away from the law as possible, and nothing operating under .com, .net, etc., anything USA owned by VeriSign.

Think.
    My background on this: Not telling.

kulik, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  10. TriForce635

TriForce635 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    lol...Isohunt has .com though and server management costs is not that hard to maintain and a high traffic site with ads will gain its own maintenance costs in time.

I will have an interesting terms of use and will appear to take infringements seriously or will to some extent. Again, this is an authorized move.
    I don't know much but it doesn't take much when you learn and keep learning. Probably won't run it for long cause I don't like attention but my ideas I think will start something new in the torrent community.

I moved to this forum here: https://forum.suprbay.org/showthread.php?tid=142787
    Just stuck in the port forwarding of my ISPs Wimax box >_<.... Probably might have to end up calling them which I wanted to avoid...
    (It just giving me the login page for the ISP router no matter what I do.)
    Anyway, wont be active here anymore but on the other forum.
    Thanks alot though guys and if you can help pm me.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2013
    TriForce635, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  11. TriForce635

TriForce635 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

I'm not gonna try to host any content, but rather just index them. My country can open their site if they want lol... I don't really care about them. The dispute between the two is rather interesting being that the trade organisation that sided with them. They do have some sort of judgement in these matters:
    A stacked court and other info regarding their power of "members" under the trade laws:
    http://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/minist_e/min99_e/english/misinf_e/02court_e.htm

I'm setting up a community that will be powered by members and if you so wish to share things. Do so. If there is infringing products shared, they will be taking down in time, after inspection. (A wait time and will definitely be taken down) Don't worry lol... I won't be doing anything wrong. Only thing that would be purged is indexed data keeping the site upholding all laws or "trying to". Sounds good? ^^

TriForce635, Feb 27, 2013 IP