1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problems Renewing Domain

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by johnguitar, Feb 18, 2013.

I have had my domain and website hosting on freeparking.co.uk for about five years and I wish to transfer to another registrar. I have transferred my website but as my domain will be up for renewal soon they have locked it. I have asked them to unlock it so that I can transfer (renew with another registrar) but they are not responding. How can I pressure them?

Thank you,

John

johnguitar, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  2. itsnexgen

itsnexgen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Options
    1. When is your renewal date? It should be atleast 15days worst case (ofcourse 5days is what transfer requires officially said).
    2. You can renew and transfer again to somewhere else - you will have 2years extension then.

itsnexgen, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  3. Registernuke

Registernuke Member

Best Answers:
    In regards to your question, there is not much you can do to "pressure" them to unlock your domain. Most registrars will not unlock your domain for you..... but they will allow you to login to your domain control panel and do it yourself. Here is the freeparking.co.uk instructions to release and transfer the domain out to another registrar:

Q: How do I transfer a Domain Name out?

A: Much depends upon the system you wish to transfer your Domain out to.
    If you are transferring a .uk Domain to another host you can simply use the "release this domain to another ISP" section of the Maintain a domain menu.
    If you are transferring another Domain type such as .net, .org., .com etc you will need to obtain an auth code. This code is held by us and you will need to raise a support ticket at http://support.freeparking.co.uk and we will supply the means.
    Once you have the code you must unlock the domain name via the Maintain a Domain menu and ensure that your details are visible in whois (i.e. if you have the privacy set up you must remove it).
    Don't forget that by using the Freeparking DNS Manager you should never need to transfer a Domain to another ISP. You can simply change the zone file to point your Domain Name to a new web server or mail server, and still keep ultimate control over your Domain Name.

This was taken exactly off of their support page https://www.freeparking.co.uk/default.asp?f=8

Registernuke, Feb 26, 2013 IP