1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

rules keep changing here

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by ketanco, Feb 26, 2013.

I had become a member of this forum last year and the rules were saying after we made 25 posts, we could make posts in marketplace. so among my very busy schedule, i spared my time and energy to make 25 posts. but now i realized that the rules are changed and now they are asking us that 3 "established members" "like" what we are saying. i dont have time for this anymore. i contributed enough. i guess this is gradually making people work for you in small increments. if i knew from the beginning that we had to get 3 established member likes, i would not have devoted my time and energy here. after all that effort, all i did was to work for this forum for free without getting any benefit. please reinstate my privilege of posting in the marketplace. this established member rule should apply to new users. not to existing users, who had complied with your previous request. this is not fair. please make posting in marketplace available for me. if you dont do this there is nothing i can do except just not to visit you anymore but at least you know what you are doing.... which you probably do...

ketanco, Feb 26, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  2. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ketanco

It's to cut down on spam - for the benefit of all, including you :)

Who likes to read spammy posts?

You have made 25 posts and received no likes. You will note I have made just ove 60, and received 5 likes. And that's in around a month. Not so hard. Really.

The forum wants members to contribute to others, and to not spam. So if you contribute more in your posts, and you don't spam (which I am sure your wouldn't) people will like you.

Then you get your 3 likes.

So, don't cut your nose of to spite your face: make some nice posts and help people here.

I think it's worth it.

:)

malcsimm, Feb 26, 2013 IP
    Blogmaster and Colleen like this.
  3. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So, you are a member since August 2010, I am a member since December 2011.. Now, let's compare the post count

35 VS 566 (at the moment)

Yes, those 35 post must have been a HORRIBLE struggle. You really must be very exhausted after writing so many lines of text. Let me check what you have written....

Most of your posts are asking questions - so YOU really benefit from them.

Bottomline: Stop your whining. You are not a victim. You benefited enough from this forum (the questions you asked). Not get up from your whiny chair and contribute.

GMF, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  4. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe these rules will help keep DP the #1 forum for IM. It's a great idea, giving new members incentive to contribute and make these forums a worthwhile place to visit. I understand your frustration, but there's been too much junk posted on these forums over the years and this will surely help change that.

cronik, Feb 26, 2013 IP
    malcsimm likes this.
  5. colincurt

colincurt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mate don't frustrate from this new rules, if you need likes just do following work.
    Posting under the thread in which you have a good knowledge. if your suggestion is good for anyone then he will give one like for this, and both are you getting benefit of this, you will get one like for this and other one will get new or solution of his problem.
    You will also create any thread related to your site, any new design or any new thread related to your work so if anybody likes your thread he will gives likes also gives money for the work.

Start working on this way and you will get likes and also getting other benefits such as Earn money, Improve your knowledge etc.

colincurt, Feb 26, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 and malcsimm like this.
  6. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The system is working than. It stopped somebody like you who came in and made 25 worthless post just to get access to the BST. If you don't like it, leave. Nobody is going to beg you to stay or give YOU special privileges. Get real...

indyonline, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  7. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How can you get benefit without contributing something valuable?
    See you joined one year before me, but I have got 14 likes.
    So don't be idle.

pupul, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The rules did not change... the rules always were that Buy/Sell/Trade was for contributing members only. Just the measurement of what constitutes a contributing member changed. For most, they are unaffected... for the users who never actually contributed something useful, it's working as designed.

I wouldn't really say a minor change to how contributing members are measured is something that "keeps changing"... it's the first time since the forum opened it changed.

digitalpoint, Feb 26, 2013 IP
    malcsimm and ryan_uk like this.
  9. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    Dear friend, you really think that you contribute with your posts??I can say on the start,you didn't. You are a member since 2010 and you have only 34 posts and now you are demanding to be established member. You must be joking,right??

BusinessMaker, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  10. onlypmme

onlypmme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to ponder on the facts that people join DP because they hope to reap benefits, otherwise why should they devote their time and energy here for getting 3 Likes. Take my advice -write sensible, informative and quality posts on DP - I am sure you will start getting "Likes", I also got my "Likes" in the same way.

onlypmme, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  11. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Helping other people is also very effective ;)

GMF, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  12. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have no clue why I got my likes but I know someone though the crap I posted was useful. If you are smart in 1 niche, search the forum for topic's in that niche and if any wrong advice posted in those threads, post the correct advice. If people think you've helped out, they will give you some likes.

I'm not here to get likes at all, I'm here for the information on how to make your own beer. O wait, i'm posting in the wrong window. I'm here to read threads to try to resolve questions I have or I try to help someone out. This is a good forum to hang out on if you worry less about Likes.

I think my cat is hungry right now. Should go feed her.

[​IMG]

snakeair, Mar 2, 2013 IP
    malcsimm likes this.
  13. sam08

sam08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    2 of my likes came from the past years of posting, so I'm actively trying to come to the site and contribute to get that third like. I don't think it's unreasonable any means. DP wants to cut down on a lot of the spammers who easily made the 25 posts -- however, those posts contributed NOTHING.

I understand you might not have all the time in the world, but it really shouldn't be that time consuming to make something of quality.. and get the likes needed.

And hey.. you got one like by just posting THIS lol! Only two to go!

sam08, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  14. cbusiness

cbusiness Active Member

Best Answers:
    The time it took you to make a complaint you could have better used towards contributing to earn the likes.
    The new system seems to be working. &when you put an honest effort behind contributing, you realize it isn't as hard as you once thought.
    (as I've said in a few other "complaint" threads)

Best of luck with earning the last few likes you need!

cbusiness, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  15. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If you cannot get 3 likes with 25 posts, then why even bother posting?

Blogmaster, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  16. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is boring - why are we still answering this thread? The guy posted on Feb 16th and has not been back. LOL

Oh, well: at least now I found out how to stop watching a thread!

;)

malcsimm, Mar 16, 2013 IP