1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is Google Dance ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Alex Jonson, Feb 26, 2013.

Hello frnds, i am really confused regarding to this topic that is what is google dance.Can anyone pls.tell me that what it is exactly? I heard about it many times but dont get.
    Thanks in advance.

Alex Jonson, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  2. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    Google dance occurs in a period of time in which Google rebuilds its ranking algorithm, and due to this rebuild going on, rankings of websites on SERPs fluctuate. This term is pretty much outdated, because since 2003 Google dance wasn't the issue anymore. However, this term came to use again after Panda update and then Penguin update, because both of them caused ups-and-downs in rankings for many sites.

Kianu42, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  3. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi Alex,

It's when your site bounces up and down because Google is moving rankings around.

Always have this in mind. Google constantly moves websites on a daily basis. Everytime there's new data that google is presented with, they will move sites around to update their ranks.

So if you know you've been doing properly backlinking, and you see your website go down 1 page, Don't Fret! It's usually just a temporary movement, and within a week you'll see that you website has actually jumped a few pages.

Thinking of it as organizing your room. Everytime you organize your room, you'll have to move a few things around. Same goes for google, everytime it will re-rank a website, it has to move other websites around.

Kind of makes sense right?

To Your Success,

Marc

coloma21, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  4. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    ooh..and i thought it was what the google staff did at their christmas party..:rolleyes:

malky66, Feb 26, 2013 IP
    coloma21 likes this.
  5. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    LOL, your hilarious man....

Best Regards,

Marc

6. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google Dance is a term that refer to major fluctuations of keyword rankings in Search engine result pages. This can be seen when Google do major changes in site rankings.

rankwatch.com, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  7. innovativewebart

innovativewebart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google Dance:- In search engine optimization Google Dance is an out-dated slang term used to describe the period of time in which Google used to rebuild its rankings, and as a result of this rebuilding, rankings of Web sites on Google's SERP may fluctuate in order during a several day period. The "Google Dance" would happen anywhere up to 36 times per year, however in 2003 Google begun updating its index on a weekly basis, which all but eliminated the Google Dance.

Thanks.

Innovative Web Art..

innovativewebart, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  8. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Don't forget to quote the source when copying and pasting off the web

Source: http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/G/Google_Dance.html

malky66, Feb 26, 2013 IP
    coloma21 likes this.
  9. Pooja Rawat

Pooja Rawat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google dance means google update there algorithum time to time ..that called google dance.

Pooja Rawat, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  10. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    LOL, i hate these useless forum people that just copy and past BS from the internet...

They aren't even acting to be real people...

Spammers in the making, ughhh

Good Call tho! lol

Keep it up,

Marc

11. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Alex, I read your reply , I need to know more about this issue, if one website all 9 keywords disappear from Google.com.au under 100 pages except one keyword . One keywords coming on Google.com.au first page with first position . infect I have checked manually there is no penalty then what you will say about this situation ?

OSSEO, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  12. azharSEO

azharSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    According to me Google dance is an indicator form Google to updates an algorithm.

azharSEO, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  13. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That just means that you have to perform better SEO on your website for the keywords.

Remember, in the game of SEO, you have to be competitive. You are not the only person in the world that's doing SEO for those keywords. If you want to stay at the top, then your skill level has to be at least at par with your competitors...

Does that kind of make sense?

14. Alex Jonson

Alex Jonson Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, coloma21....i like your reply and now i know the exact meaning of what is google dance. Thanks for your valuable reply. In future if i need your help in any ans regarding the SEO i will surely ask to u.

Alex Jonson, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  15. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey OSSEO,
    It is due to high competitive keywords you are using, Make sure that You have selected keywords with low or medium competition and high local or global searches for Google.com.au. And also continue with Link building and other SEO for your site..

afoley77, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  16. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Alex, Thanks for your reply . I have changed the geographic location from Google webmaster. previous was nothing target but on December 16, 2012 , I have set it with Australia . what you say this will be reason for disappearing keywords ?

OSSEO, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  17. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google dance make your keyword fluctuate at SERP, to overcome this problem you need to build quality and authority (trust links) links.

alex06295, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  18. spider_web

spider_web Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In search engine optimization (SEO), Google Dance is an out-dated slang term used to describe the period of time in which Google used to rebuild its rankings, and as a result of this rebuilding, rankings of Web sites on Google's SERP may fluctuate in order during a several day period.

spider_web, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  19. dgood72

dgood72 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a question on this also...
    My site was ranking fairly well for some keywords (pages 1-5) but now I am not showing up at all. I am still indexed but none of my pages are ranking. I haven't done any mass "black hat" link building (just comments, directories and some links from other sites) the only thing I have changed in the last week is...
    -went to a genesis theme
    -added wordbay plugin for ebay auction listings
    -added a privacy policy plugin
    Should I stop freaking out and wait a few days lol
    Thanks.

dgood72, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  20. Mark_34

Mark_34 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's when Google update their algorithms.

Mark_34, Jun 6, 2013 IP