1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

best ranked page on site is an image, how to take advantage of...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by xomero, Feb 25, 2013.

One of my sites receive about 5,000 hits a week for a specific search term, the destination page its an image (I assume this traffic is for the google image search)

The kw ranked is not my primary key goal, so how can I take advantage of that traffic to optimize the entire site or share some juice to the rest of the site?

xomero, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Is it the type of image people are searching for to use (therefore not interested in visiting a site) or one that can be a prelude to visiting a site? Such as an image with commercial value?

ryan_uk, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  3. saad.munir

saad.munir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends on the image and the nature of your website. You can how-ever commercialize it through many ways. Needed more details :)

saad.munir, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  4. steve4seo

steve4seo Active Member

Best Answers:

Check the bounce rate of that traffic, you'll come to know whether these users are really looking for the image on your page or not. Add some content about the image and try to target your main keyword in between.

steve4seo, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  5. xomero

xomero Member

Best Answers:
    More details, the site is a service company how offers Document Digitalization, one of the pages is about the service of teaching the personal to use the software, scanners, etc., so the title of the page and the alt-tag of the image is "Personal Administration" (I'm translating since its a Spanish page), and that's the kw how is getting the traffic in google images.

I think people are searching this term and looking for some kind of free stock images about that topic.

Thanks for the replays.

xomero, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  6. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just because you're getting traffic, doesn't mean that you can monetize it.

It's always situational, depending on the traffic & keywords that are entering your website.

Also, check how long they stay at your website, for all you know they could just be leaving the second they land on the page.

The only thing you can possible do is probably Adsense, since you get paid per click, rather than trying to convert the traffic into a sale :)

Hope that helps,

Marc

coloma21, Feb 26, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  7. ryan_uk

Best Answers:

So, the traffic is "low quality" (i.e. not likely to convert). So, I wouldn't put much effort into it. You could place some kind of branding/watermark for when the image is shown in Google images. For example, a subtle, professional branding/watermark - such as your domain name in a way it's obvious, but does not obscure the image. Sure, people might crop it out, might not use the image, visit your site to see if there is an unbranded image, or they might use it with the branding left there and it's a bit of free "advertising" for you (no-one can predict if this "advertising" will have any value though).

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend putting too much effort into it, though, if they are just looking for free stock images.

ryan_uk, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  8. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Exactly.

There has been this fuss over Google Images change, pointless fuss as it is often crap traffic anyway. The fact is, before a false page impression was being recorded in analytics due to the way Google images works. The UI is much improved, but - more importantly - the traffic stats are more accurate, so it's easier to understand intent of visitors who _do_ land on your site, if it's generating money, etc.

ryan_uk, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  9. CNlinkbuilder

CNlinkbuilder Member

Best Answers:
    If it is getting any link juice from that image you can put a link to that image on your home page or other relevant page and it should give some link juice to it but that depends on the PR you're getting from the sources that are linking to your image (if they are). The way the image results show up make it tricky to compel someone to click "view the site this image is on", and I am not feeling particularly creative so perhaps someone else knows an idea off the top of their head that may potentially make you some money off this thing. You also didn't tell us what your site specializes in, this might help.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    CNlinkbuilder, Feb 26, 2013 IP