1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[Turoial] Backup Wordpress to Dropbox

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Flatliner86, Feb 25, 2013.

Hi guys.

I was searching for an easy and simple way to backup my wordpress. I was downloading my content once a week via ftp but the site was growing more and more so i had to find an alternative.
    After searching for a couples of hours i found a really simple solution that i want to present you here. With a simple plugin you can Backup the whole wordpress with just a few clicks to your dropbox account - and that for free!

Here is how you go:
    1. Login to your wordpress admin panel.
    2. Go to the plugins -> Installation
    3. Search for the plugin "Wordpress Backup to Dropbox" and install it
    4. When you first access the plugin’s options page, it will ask you to authorize the plugin with Dropbox.
    5. A new window will open and Dropbox will ask you to authenticate and grant the plugin access.
    6. Finally, click continue and the plugin is ready to backup your files
    7. Set a name for your backup and a time when the backup should run
    8. Add a frequence (i use the daily one)
    9. On the very end you can exclude files (i just excluded a big video)
    10. Press Save Changes and be happy, your Site is saved now automatically
    Hope this helps some guys out there! I love this simple solution, hope you too!

Cheers

If you like it, you are free to like it :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
    Flatliner86, Feb 25, 2013 IP
    Shole93, alammaya and postcd like this.
  2. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its a good tutorial. Automated backup is really welcome, who have time to do manual backup every site, every data nowadays!

postcd, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  3. Shole93

Shole93 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I did not know that you could do that :D thanks i really hate taking up space in my pc for my back ups and you never know when a virus is going to strike your pc.

Shole93, Sep 3, 2013 IP