1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many points out of 10 do you give yourself for your time management, and why?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by malcsimm, Feb 21, 2013.

?

How many point out of 10 do you give yourself for your time management, and why?

1. 1

6.7%
  2. 2

6.7%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

16.7%
  5. 5

6.7%
  6. 6

13.3%
  7. 7

6.7%
  8. 8

13.3%
  9. 9

13.3%
  10. 10

16.7%
  1. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Kingofking

I think you are being a bit harsh on yourself only giving yourself a five. You are doing better than that!

First start, many people do not reflect on how they are managing their time, and then improve themselves.

You, on the contrary, have not only reflected, but you have decided how to improve things, and then applied your decision. Kudos! And having kept this up for three months, I have to say you must be in the top 5%.

I suppose the only question is: "how are you using your extra 2 1/2 hours a day?". LOL

Anyway, I say to you well done for moving forward and keep up the good work.

Malc :)

malcsimm, Feb 23, 2013 IP
    kingofking likes this.
  2. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Hi Businessmaker

Thank you so much for giving more detail. To be honest, I'm still not sure either whether you are making money, or if so how you are making money.

But anyway, your general advice cannot be argued with. If you feel you wish to add anything more specific I be really interested to hear!

Good luck and best wishes

Malc

3. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Hi Spoiltdiva

Thank you for your comment. The fact that you rank yourself with a 10 suggests that you are satisfied with your life. That's great.

I wonder how you make your living; you do translation and also played the forex markets. I hope that all works out for you, and your 10 seems to suggest that it does.

In the final analysis, life is all about what gives you satisfaction and it sounds like you are pretty satisfied. So I wish you the very best of luck and continuing satisfaction!

Best wishes, Malc

4. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not harsh Malc! I do not want to over rate myself as I still think I should manage my time in a better way :) Uhmm. 2.5 hours that really does matter to me! I am now able to spend some time for "me" doing exercise and relaxing which helps me stay calm and feel peaceful! First, find time for yourself, then for your loved ones and then for your career. this is how my priority is now !

kingofking, Feb 23, 2013 IP
    malcsimm likes this.
  5. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    You sound like a 7-8 to me! Anyway, good luck with the exercise and relaxation, which it is definitely good to find time for. :)

malcsimm, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  6. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    It really varies, but I`m 8 or 9. This is after 1 year or more on finding the right people to execute what I need.

James Byun, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  7. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    So - do you mean you have found good people to outsource/delegate to, which frees up your time?

Once you have a good system it definitely pays to get someone else to follow it and do the job for you. :)

Not that it's an easy option, because you have to specify exactly how the thing is done, check they are doing it, then run spot checks to make sure they are STILL doing it. That, in itself, all takes a lot of organisation.

Malc

:)

malcsimm, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  8. colincurt

colincurt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Time management is important thing in your life. If you are going with time you will complete all your work on time but if you are not catching yourself with time you can’t do any work on time. Before two years ago I was doing job in marketing field at that time I was wake up late so that I will not complete my all work on time. Also I don’t have any time for my personal work. But when I have started to make a schedule for my daily work then I have completed all my all works on a time. Now currently every evening I will make planning for my next day so now I am completing all my work on time also save some time for my extra work so I will give myself 7 point for time management.

colincurt, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  9. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Cool - thanks. Making a plan every evening sounds like a sounds move.

And 7 is a pretty good score :)

malcsimm, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What about you Malc, you didn't tell us in your first post whether or not you're happy with where you are at when comes to managing your time?

qwikad.com, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  11. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Hi quikad

That's a good question and thanks for asking it! I am exceedingly happy with how I manage my time. And the key for me was finding my own unique way of combining Getting Things Done and Evernote.

When I posted this poll I also posted a 2,637 word article about how I manage my own time with the brilliant combination of Getting Things Done (David Allen) and Evernote. I have developed this over the past 12 months now use it exclusively to manage my time.

Unfortunately, because about a quarter of the account it had appeared in another post on DP, one of the mods marked it as duplicate and it was deleted. I suppose it's fair enough, as some of it was duplicate, but it's a shame because I posted the much extended and unique article here the benefit of Digital Point members. Such is life!

Fortunately I had a copy ;-) so I have now posted it on HeyMalc:

Time management made really easy #GTD + #Evernote

So please feel free to check this out. It is a shame it's not still here, but I suppose the side benefit is that I get another 2,637 words of good content on my blog which can't be a bad thing. :)

9 out of 10
    As for my own score out of ten, I give myself nine.

That is partly because I follow an excellent system daily, which enables me to manage and prioritise all my tasks and projects and never miss a commitment or a meeting. And partly because I review the system regularly and I am always open to tweaking it and improving it as I find new methods and as my circumstances change.

This continual review is a vital part of any time management system.

Cheers

Malc

malcsimm, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  12. goldieregalado

goldieregalado Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I will give myself 7 out of 10. Because I am a married working person Who will have take care of many sides. To give a balance in life one should have time management skill. I am running my family and giving full concentration towards jobs. So I feel I am justifying the rate i have given myself.

goldieregalado, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  13. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Yes, Goldieregalado - managing your time includes work, family, and personal aims. So if you are a 7 for how you handle work, then if you juggle your family life well too, that makes you are 8 or 9 I suspect!

Kudos ;-)

Malc

malcsimm, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  14. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm about a 4 lol... and i blame affiliate marketing for that LOL jk. I realized sometimes not having a boss is much harder, because you solely rely on yourself. Definitely what i need to work on in 2013 :)

coloma21, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  15. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Haha! You meanl you blame NOT affiliate marketing for that!

Make a small start: something like you don't let yourself play in the morning until you've done 2 hours of aff marketing. Use what distracts you as a reward for doing some of what you know you should be doing - if you want to generate an income long term.

In no time you'll be a 5, then 6 ain't far away!

malcsimm, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  16. goldieregalado

goldieregalado Active Member

Best Answers:
    I gave myself a 7 by the way. I know my week point in all the work I am not 100% but i will try. its my personal view mate...

goldieregalado, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  17. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Of course. I was simply saying it sounded to me as if you were doing pretty well.

Thanks for your contribution.

18. Jesse27

Jesse27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I give myself 4/10. I really need time management.. seriously. I get distracted easily or just tend to do other things instead of finishing what i am supposed to finish.

Jesse27, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  19. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I give myself a 1. I am the world's worst slacker.

Senobia, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  20. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Whoops! Well, the first step to improving is the identify where you are going wrong.

Success! You did that :)

The next step is to identify what to do about it.

The third step is to do that thing LOL!

When you feel motivated, have the link in my sig handy! That tells you about a very cool system for keeping yourself on track. But don't start it only to abandon it: go check it out once you feel really motivated to get results. It WILL help you. (And it's free ;) )

If you do that btw, PM me with any questions/comments - or Conversations, as they call it here :)

Good luck with steps 2 and 3!

Malc