1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

would you use DP without links?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Montreal Classifieds, Feb 23, 2013.

I'm just wondering how many of you were still using/posting on DP if no links and no links in signature were allowed.

Montreal Classifieds, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you are asking as related to SEO, you probably would want to know that signatures don't show unless you are logged in (and a search engine doesn't log in), and all links are nofollow. It has zero SEO value.

digitalpoint, Feb 24, 2013 IP
    Sun_Rise, ryan_uk and pupul like this.
  3. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nofollow links are not useful for SEO points of view.
    But the signature link is free advert for your product sale, if you post something good.

pupul, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  4. uleesgold

uleesgold Member

Best Answers:
    I guess I would feel insulted if we couldn't post links at all since we're helping the SEO of this website by adding content to it all of the time.
    I'm currently not an 'established member' so I can't use a signature at the moment. I've been a member for many months but the criteria for having a sig has changed.

uleesgold, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  5. Serp Creation

Serp Creation Member

Best Answers:
    Well, the main benefit we get is we learn here, DP is very popular forum in SEO and related to SEO matter it is good to participate. But it is not only about learning, there is lots of business related things.

Serp Creation, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  6. Montreal Classifieds

Montreal Classifieds Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually things got changed in last few years or so.
    I'm kind of old member and few years ago like on DP were shown not only when you logged in, and they were dofollow.
    Back then many posters were just dropping links, some selling their signatures, and I left DP as it had mostly junky posts.
    Now I'm back, and saw still similar posts about directory lists and same questions about SEO. That triggered my question here is it still about the backlinks. Now I see it is not about links anymore.
    I find DP can be learning path for newbies only. So, what experienced folks doing here? Promoting their sites and services, or teaching others?

Montreal Classifieds, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Well, the SEO/Google/Link Development sections aren't as full as junk as before (since the change to Xenforo), but there's still some junk. Why do I stay? Well, sometimes I hire people for graphics work, but also to help people, too. (Not for money, just answer questions in some sections.) I tried some other forums over the years and found DP to be the best. Not every section is like the SEO one was (and is still at times). The Design & Development sub forums are pretty good, with some good posters in there with a lot of great experience to offer (such as deathshadow, but many others too). So (at least for me) there's a lot more to DP than "link dropping".

ryan_uk, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  8. MrJohn

MrJohn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't mind DP without links. I can still take the time to do some personal branding and get referral traffic through that. But, I also enjoy just bouncing ideas off of other web professionals. Not to mention I make a lot of money off of my services that I offer in the marketplace. If you are here just for a link, you are here for the wrong reasons anyways.

MrJohn, Feb 24, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and digitalpoint like this.
  9. Aleksa Miladinovic

Aleksa Miladinovic Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was about to say the same thing as MrJohn.

I was at first attracted by a topic regarding a software problem I had, and then couple of days later I read on some guys blog about the DP marketplace, so I returned to the forum unplanned and then registered to checkout the marketplace.

Signature links are useful, but I don't think they are a key ingredient for being a member.

Aleksa Miladinovic, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  10. ChrisRey

ChrisRey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    sure, why, do you use this forum just to have backlinks? for me i use this forum so that i will increase my knowledge, that i will learn something. if i have a question, i know someone may answer it.

ChrisRey, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  11. Sun_Rise

Sun_Rise Member

Best Answers:
    This forum really helped me in adding friends and also make money in the market ..
    you have to do is to think bigger than just a link..

Sun_Rise, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  12. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    There is no difference to me. I don't care for the links in signature,they are not helpful so much.

BusinessMaker, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  13. boomboo

boomboo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would still use it if there was no signature as ive been a member for under 2 weeks and already i have met people on here willing to help me for free with a few simple tasks which most people would charger around $10 - $20 for.

boomboo, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  14. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think I wouldn't, because there is so much to learn and teach here. Its not going to stop just because of signatures.

traxport121, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  15. Popularity Rank

Popularity Rank Active Member

Best Answers:
    The main point of this question was diverted into another point...I agree with you, if DP will not allow to sale link or not to post signature link, then there will a BIG DOUBT HOW MANY MEMBERS WILL ACCESS VISIT HERE?

It's no doubt that from here we learn lots of things regarding to SEO, make good relationship with others and also solve our problems and help to others too. But if there will no any Market Place or Signature option, then I think most of people never come to online/visit regularly until they faced a problem? This is only my thinking.

Popularity Rank, Feb 27, 2013 IP
    Montreal Classifieds likes this.