1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Barack Obama the Antichrist? SERIOUSLY?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Corwin, Jan 8, 2013.

1. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please make an argument out of facts instead of relying on the liberal blame game. As Mia mentioned, under most of Bush's presidency conditions were much better than they are now. And Obama is no longer a new president. He has had one term to turn the economy around, and 4 years later we are still at 8% unemployment. More people are on food stamps, people are on unemployment for longer, average incomes have gone down, our debt has gone up, etc. Looks like he has managed to screw things up more than clean anything up.

It's not free. Who pays for it? The taxpayers. What happens when so many people use the "free" stuff that taxpayers who pay for it can no longer afford it? Greece, Italy, etc. That is what happens.

r3dt@rget, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  2. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are arguing using data from a liberal think tank? I could quote a conservative one and give you just the opposite data. The fact is, unemployment is at 8% after 4 years of Obama. More people are on food stamps and people are on unemployment longer. Healthcare costs are rising and companies are laying off workers and cutting benefits to conform to Obamacare. So how are things better again?

Corwin likes this.
  3. kulik

kulik Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know if it's liberal, democratic, green or tits, I just Googled for my own interest and that's the result I got. NY Times is liberal too? Because that's where I got the other info. I never said anything was getting better, where do you see that I said that? All I was saying is Bush's decisions in office didn't help. You want to argue he had nothing to do with today's economy you're blind. Every single President has an effect on the next one.

kulik, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  4. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:

Yes actually the NY Times is liberal. All the major TV networks including CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc. are also liberal leaning. Fox News is the only major cable network that is conservative leaning. You didn't outright say things are better, yet you implied it since you are blaming the economy on inflation and Bush. And I never said his policies didn't have an effect. Nor did I say I agree with any of Bush's policies. I am simply arguing that Obama isn't any better than Bush. If you agree, well, then I guess we agree lol.

5. kulik

kulik Member

Best Answers:
    I never implied things are better, I was merely pointing out the past has an effect on today. Never implied one person was better than the other either. I like Obama better than Bush yea, actually like any President better than Bush, but no clue who is or has done better. I think Obama had good intentions but overwhelmed himself with things that couldn't be reality. Like a little kid with big dreams that doesn't realize the smaller things can only get you there.

kulik, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  6. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:

Perhaps if you are not completely aware of the political situation you are not in a good position to start a debate about politics. I was once like you when I was a teenager, around 18. I didn't care who was president. I went a long with the crowd because the chants against Bush were louder than the ones for him. Did that make me right? Hell no. Now that I have actually taken an interest into politics and have followed the events, the policies, the ideology, I have formed my position.

I guess what I am trying to say is that if you are going to post in P&R, especially about politics, be ready to defend everything you say. If you are going to make a general statement about how presidents have an effect on the next one, then it is going to appear you support one vs another. So don't take my debate personally, I just have to respond to whatever you put out there like I see it.

Hang around, read a bunch. Watch the news. You would be amazed how much of your life is effected by what is going on, and how much you actually would care if you knew.

7. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why entertain /respond to someone that is mentioning Bush in their argument? lol....

grpaul, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  8. kulik

kulik Member

Best Answers:
    I started a debate? Nah, I posted a simple statement you don't agree with in a thread I didn't start.

Good for you, especially in assuming you know me or anything about me or anyone else for that matter. I'm much older than you I guarantee and I know what's going on except I go outside and you watch Faux News, I just have no interest in being someone like you who has to pick one party and defy any logic of anyone else's beliefs.

You don't have to respond to anything, I never responded to your one sided views beforehand, you responded to my simple opinion first. The fact that you believe you HAVE to respond to someone on a forum because they may not believe what you believe just makes it even more hilarious. If you're so strong in your beliefs and political support go outside afk and do something then. You make a great impact on our country by posting your beliefs on Digital Point?

Watch TV, hang around Digital Point and I'll understand the real world? How about instead, you go outside for a moment.

Very insightful post, glad you contributed so much in your support for Bush. You can't fool me once or something about a potato...or are is our children learning?

It's people like this why nothing will ever change on a personal level for the people or in politics in general, because someone gets set in their beliefs and it HAS to be that way or everyone else is wrong and we can never work together. Our country has made enemies of itself internally amongst the people because it's so much easier than letting them all come together as civil people and find solutions which may actually induce progress. But fuck it, we have iPhones, Kardashians on TV, warm homes where we take 30 year loans out on, can post about it on Digital Point, life is good right?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    kulik, Feb 22, 2013 IP
    Emma Pollard likes this.
  9. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:

Ok obviously you are not ready for P&R. Please go back to the regular forums until you can handle a civil debate. Quit taking everything so personal. If you post your opinion in a thread, what the heck did you think was going to happen? In case you haven't noticed, your opinion will be challenged and you best bring your A game. What I have seen so far is a bunch of whining and bickering about how you hate Bush, but don't know if Obama is better, but hate people who argue against you, but somehow am better than all you guys because I have a life or something. Some people just can't handle it.

Corwin likes this.
  10. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ha ha ha....

Are is...

I actually think it's a VERY insightful post. There is nothing more annoying than a person that goes on and on and on and on about Bush, considering we have a President currently in office that SUCKS!

grpaul, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  11. Emma Pollard

Emma Pollard Active Member

Best Answers:
    I assume you know HOW he became President And how he stayed for a second term?
    Because HE is the best man for the job! and whether you like it or not Obama is there for another 4 years, remember he is only human and as such he will make mistakes, as have presidents before him and as I am sure future presidents will too.

Emma Pollard, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  12. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

grpaul, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  13. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    Thats not much of an argument, is it?

Emma Pollard, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  14. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is at least as compelling as anything you have put to print. Congratulations on the UK's recent credit downgrade.

Obamanation, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  15. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    Thanks, as far as I am concerned, the country being restricted for more credit could only be a good thing.

Emma Pollard, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  16. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like it. Its backwards and non-working, but you have the right idea. Getting your country to stop borrowing so much would improve your economy.

The problem is, in most situations, when your credit gets downgraded, the money you borrow costs you more. If you require credit to live, your living costs just went up. When your living costs go up without your earnings going up, your credit gets downgraded. Its a vicious cycle.

The only way out of it is to stop borrowing on your own, by reducing spending or increasing income. When that happens, your credit rating increases, and your borrowed money becomes cheaper, allowing you to get out of debt even faster. The problem is, most people just use the cheaper money as an opportunity to borrow more of it.

Obamanation, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

LOL. Do you think because you are 19 now, you know more? Pick up a book once in a while and read it and you will learn that you know nothing except repeating the same BS that right-wing Republicans are spoon feeding you in the farmland. :rolleyes:

gworld, Feb 24, 2013 IP
    Emma Pollard likes this.
  18. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Earlpearl, is that you?

grpaul, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  19. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I thought he seemed familiar.

Corwin, Feb 24, 2013 IP