1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Truth About Flippa(.)com

Discussion in 'General Business' started by fernandofgg, Feb 13, 2013.

Are they scammers?

Do you have a story to tell?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    fernandofgg, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  2. ArchAxis

ArchAxis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't know but you should just type in "flippa scam" and you'll find plenty of web pages that say so, but it's the Internet so anyone who didn't sell their horrible domain name can easily write a flippa scam page. If you're thinking about selling your domain or website just use what you feel works best or even sell it here on DP.

ArchAxis, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, they aren't scammers. But I suspect there are a lot of users of it that are (just the nature of the Internet... scammers go to where they can make money).

digitalpoint, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  4. Luke Walters

Luke Walters Peon

Best Answers:
    I have bought 3 websites off Flippa.com. Not sure if I bought them directly from Flippa scammers or if the sellers themselves were scammers. Either way, they got me for thousands!! Won't happen again!

Luke Walters, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  5. b4db0y

b4db0y Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I sold my websites for like $3000 there, so good for me

b4db0y, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  6. iscomi

iscomi Member

Best Answers:
    Flippa is the best marketplace for websites. Flippa rank on alexa is 1100 . Of course that are not scammers

iscomi, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  7. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have had 5 bad experiences with Flippa before. Each time I thought that I wouldn't be cheated by them again but each time I was wrong. The owner even sent an email to me begging me to take off a complaint I had written about Flippa and him in exchange for $150. Anyone who is not a cheat or a scammer should stay as far away from Flippa as possible.

Besides Alexa ranking can be bought online for less than $200 a month to get the ranking they get.

The way Flippa makes money is by charging people to list websites and domains. They don't care whether those domains or websites sell or not since they still make their money.

Calculate how much 2000 listings into $29 turns into and you will know why Flippa is a multi-million dollar company. The sad part is that all good (and bad) things come to an end someday. Their turn is due soon.

wonay, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  8. Luke_Wright

Luke_Wright Member

Best Answers:
    I can't complain,Flippa is great. Maybe someone had bad experience and that is why they complain. For all of this time that I'm using Flippa I sold and buy more than 10 websites and I've never had a problem.

Luke_Wright, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  9. saad.munir

saad.munir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many successful stories I have found, so No Flippa is not the scam. We can say that they might not be providing the best service experience, but they are not the scam.

saad.munir, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  10. zaaylo

zaaylo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oops... Alexa is not the website which map any standards or authenticity. My friend

zaaylo, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  11. duckz

duckz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Flippa is just a place to advertise your website when its is for sale, thus cannot be considered as a "scammer". But they do IMO do their business in a very greedy way by charging for advertising listing fee and on top of it a "Sales commission".

Their user is another story, some is genuine user who want to purchase or sell a site, and some of them is professional "Flipper" who has the knowledge and capability to make a certain lemon site look exciting and profitable.

duckz, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  12. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn pretty much well summed it up.

Quite a few times I've looked to buy sites on Flippa, but it seems like every time it's listed by a scammer. People who avoid questions (or delete them), won't provide stats (make up poor excuses), or have accounts linked to others. The feedback system sucks, too. People complain about DP's, but they should try Flippa's. No link to where the business was conducted or who with (it could turn out to be to people with linked accounts).

I noticed that Flippa have tried to make changes in order to reduce scams, but haven't returned for a while. I gave up on buying sites. (Most people who have worthwhile sites are holding on to them, I think.) I don't believe everyone on Flippa is a scammer, but it seems like a lot.

ryan_uk, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  13. phweb

phweb Member

Best Answers:
    I listed one site for sale. It did not sell. Now every time the auction expires I get an email asking me to re-list it for free. It's still not sold. Maybe because I was asking $900,000? ;)

phweb, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  14. mekap04

mekap04 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My experiences with Flippa have been very good. Sold two websites on there and each transaction went smoothly. All you have to do is be honest and deal with honest people. How can you tell if you dealing with an honest buyer/seller? You may not be able to at first glance but if you do your research, check out their feedback, ask questions, and read the tips that Flippa offers to help buyers/sellers protect themselves - you could have a good experience on Flippa. Scammers are everywhere so you just have to be smart and use good judgement.

mekap04, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  15. terrymason

terrymason Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Flippa's OK - they aren't scammers, they are more like Ebay.

There are scammers who use Flippa though, as well as plenty of non-payers.

terrymason, Mar 4, 2013 IP