1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google cache not updating

Discussion in 'SEO' started by gder01, Feb 20, 2013.

Hi, I have a page on my wordpress site with about 1,500 words on it that has not been updated in the Google cache for over a month. Is this an SEO problem? When I look at the crawl stats it seems my site has been getting crawled. Here is the page: Film look.

Anyway, I am just curious about this because my site has been getting no keyword traffic even though I have a couple of pages with content.

gder01, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  2. autospa

autospa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all make sure that is your website is listed in Google, if not then you need to submit it to Google and other search engines like Yahoo and Bing. After it try to work on the on page SEO of your site, and later on try to get some quality backlinks for your site. It will definitely improve your SERP and increase your Google Index rate.

autospa, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  3. gder01

gder01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK, thanks. I have a few pages listed in google (like if i search my domain, several pages come up). So far I have made a twitter, G+, and some links in forum signatures. Right now my main focus is writing content. Maybe I was hoping for too much too soon.

gder01, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  4. ArchAxis

ArchAxis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @gder01 obsessing over what Google has indexed or cached is a waste of your time. Stop worrying about Google and write more content for Google to index and cache.

Did you know that the more content detects coming from your website the more they send their bots to your website? So if you want your article re-indexed simply write more quality articles. Pump out more 1500+ page articles and make sure they are worth someone finding reading and linking back to without you asking them to.

Yes this is a huge challenge but you can do it as long as you get rid of the fear that tells you to check your page rank everyday, or you Google Analytics or what Google has in their cache.

Think about it this way, when a reader lands on your page and starts reading are they going to continue reading your article or blog post because it's well indexed by Google? No they're going to read it and bookmark it and share it if it's worth it. So forget SEO and stats and index depth etc. and write something epic, moving and opinionated.

Also read and watch everything on this page you'll get there faster.

ArchAxis, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  5. RULE

RULE Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you pm me ur website. Coz i need to confirm the site ur mentioning. You can also meanwhile update your sitemap and get some few quality links pointing to your website.

RULE, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  6. ankurTheKing

ankurTheKing Member

Best Answers:
    Yupp, I agree, you should have unique hand written content. Also backlinks from relevant pages is important.
    Put FB Like and twitter buttons there.

ankurTheKing, Feb 25, 2013 IP