1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reasons Behind Heavy Drop In Alexa Rank

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by afoley77, Feb 19, 2013.

Hi friends,
    My websites is suffering with a heavy drop in Alexa ranking? What would be the reasons behind that?

afoley77, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  2. scholarsjunction

scholarsjunction Member

Best Answers:
    Alexa totally depend on traffic. If you lost traffic then you will see downfall in alexa ranking, but why you are becoming more serious about alexa? Just focus on your keyword ranking.

scholarsjunction, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  3. softech02

softech02 Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about Alexa... it can be manipulated !

softech02, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  4. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic loss would be the #1 concern- as previous poster suggested though, don't worry so much about Alexa.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  5. wendycostaless

wendycostaless Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason is your site is not getting enough traffic.Alexa depends on traffic.Check your website content and update it frequently.It will surely help.

wendycostaless, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  6. Stone Rain

Stone Rain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Traffic is how Alexa sorts their sites. Less visitors = lower rank. See about getting more backlinks on sites that have existing traffic, promoting your site, etc.

Stone Rain, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  7. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    But my business needs high traffic, more will be the traffic it will be more beneficial to me.

afoley77, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  8. Currency Trader

Currency Trader Member

Best Answers:
    Alexa is important if you are selling text links or banner space on your site - buyers check your Alexa and pagerank stats

Alexa uses 2 methods to get the traffic stats - browser toolbar on visitors PC and on-site stats tracking box displaying on the visited site

You should make sure your site is displaying an Alexa stats tracking box on all your high traffic pages, so visitors to your site are counted by Alexa

Currency Trader, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  9. HarDTeK

HarDTeK Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't take care a lot of Alexa Rank, just do it if you wanna sell your site.
    By the way, if you wanna increase your Alexa Rank, you can send me a PVT, I will show you a way for increase a lot the Alexa Rank (is a Black Hat method, that beucase I don't wanna share it here).

HarDTeK, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  10. rarazakia

rarazakia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    same with me too..
    Alexa rank => traffic => visitor.
    I think (it just in my opinion) it's caused by "google images" last update in January.
    According to Google, the change is intended to speed up the display in any image search on google images, to display all searches in one page.
    "You'll see image results displayed in an inline panel so it's faster, more beautiful, and more reliable. You will be Able to Quickly flip through a set of images by using the keyboard. If you want to go back to browsing other search results, just scroll down and pick up right where you left off "
    From the point of view of search engine users, this change is very easy to search images, faster and more attractive appearance, but from the webmaster / publisher and owner of the website, in my opinion, this change affects all the information / metadata about the images already on display while was in google images search results, moreover, are shown google image / images to the actual size. So I think, as a website owner dikita loss is: google use our bandwidth to display the actual image size, although there is a link in our website name, and the "Visit Page" and "View Original Image" still possible in clickthrough rate (CTR) of his very small because the user can directly download large image sizes directly on google images without the need to go our website. And the result? a decrease of about 20-40% of visitors from several websites that rely on google image as a source of visitors.

Because, my site is fulfill with image (about 80% image ; 20% text), I really feel this impact.

But then, I must change the composition (35% image ; 65% text), I'll do more frequently update the content.. then, yeah.. the traffic is increasing again.

rarazakia, Feb 20, 2013 IP
    Shantay likes this.
  11. abyse

abyse Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Alexa rank = nr of visitors with alexa toolbar installed
    Google analytics = nr of visitors with or without any toolbar

Don't worry about your alexa rank drop, use Google analytics for an accurate measure about visitors.

Possible rank drop reasons: a) user uninstalled alexa toolbar b) you have visted digitalpoint forums more often than your own site (with alexa toolbar installed) :)

abyse, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  12. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey abyse,
    I have heard this first time that if we visit other site more than own site, than we drop our visitors or traffic. I am not sure, is this right or not...

afoley77, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  13. Tasu

Tasu Member

Best Answers:
    The reason is your site is not getting enough traffic.Alexa depends on traffic.Check your website content and update it frequently.It will surely help.

Tasu, Feb 20, 2013 IP