1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So It's Been A Month Since The Migration...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Feb 19, 2013.

So I'm curious what people think after getting over the "omg it's different" shock of the new vBulletin based site vs. the new site (XenForo based).

This has NOTHING to do with policies, but rather functionality of the site. The policy changes that went in place at the same time (3 likes, mitigating low quality users, etc.) has nothing to do with XenForo or vBulletin... they same policies would have gone in to place on vBulletin had we stayed with it.

But I'm curious how people like the software itself.

digitalpoint, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  2. eldiablo

eldiablo Active Member

Best Answers:
    To me it looks cleaner, easier to use, faster, modern and I really like new DP... :)

eldiablo, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  3. Econox

Econox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've always enjoyed using the Xenforo software and you've done a great job going from one to the other.

Econox, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  4. rarazakia

rarazakia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    in general, i like the new face and the new system of digitalpoint (DP)
    If i can give a rating about this new DP, I'll give a point 98% ( 98 / 100 ).
    Why ? in my opinion after a month i use this new DP, i feel some positive aspect, and a little trouble too.

1. The most positive i like :
    This site is loading more fast.
    Fresh look and modern appearance.
    And the most important to me is the rules more strict to the user, so it can prevent or reduce the "low quality" user that probably (but not entirely) try or attempt to make a fraud / scam / cheat to other members.
    But i believe that DP members majority are good people... Yeaahh, let me say maybe if the "old DP" has 3% of fraud members, and now with the "new DP" is reducing until 1% of fraud members.

2. but there's just a little thing that bother me.
    about the "inbox". (we call it now "conversations" right?)
    There, i can only found "Conversation Title" ; "Replies" ; "Participants" ; "Last Post".
    The "participants" only shows the number of participants, it doesn't show with who i talked to.
    So, when i must look for a conversation that I forget about "what the title is?", I must remember the ID member, and then I go scroll down to the bottom and click "conversation display option" and filter it with "received by" or "started by".To me, it's rather a difficult time. I hope Digital Point can improve the "user friendly" in the use of "inbox/conversation".

Thanks.

rarazakia, Feb 19, 2013 IP
    oraisoopoopo likes this.
  5. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Everything seems mostly the same to me so I guess that is a good thing. I prefer the new look, it is cleaner.

I do miss the ability to negative rep somebody (with a message) and I miss being able to give a reason with the + rep/like function.

I think, if I am not mistaken, the ignore member works better as you don't even see the missing post (taking up space) and you are warned in the listing of threads that a particular thread was started by someone you ignore so you don't even have to bother clicking on it. I think both of those are improvements.

browntwn, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  6. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Lolz the old system of inbox was more confusing for me... In this new system just we have to remember title (that our mind do automatically we don't have to give much pressure) but in old system all PM comes with same title :(.. I always forget in which PM client had sent me details if there are 10 PM with same title in my inbox, so I need to keep quote msg and finally length of msg increased much more...now we don't need to quote because we can easily read previous msg and it's more comfortable as per my view.

One more thing I like the most is Industry News that we are getting on home page now don't have to visit other sites :)

@Shawn - All things are now amazing but still need some features, here is one I had listed hope you had read this thread https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/need-more-than-one-buy-it-now-price.2630217/
    It is useful for many sellers and service providers..to give their service in different flavors (like Bronze, Silver n Gold)..just think once about it

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
    FreeFun4Every1, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Overall, the new site is great.

The only downsides (so far) compared to the VB are:
    1. No negative rep (dislike).
    2. Paid transaction now showing as unpaid.
    3. Other PayPal problems.
    4. The editor. Not that I used WYIWYG on the old one, just the BB editor. I know I can now, but without toolbar. This new one is just so slow to add links, images, code, etc (when using the buttons). It's quicker to type it all manually.
    What I do like:
    1. Conversations - so much better than the PM system!
    2. Speed - so much faster.
    3. Appearance - looks better.
    4. Quicker to navigate.
    5. Spy works more reliably (before it seemed to stop after a while, or maybe it was something I did).
    If I could give the site as a whole a like I would. Oh wait, I can on FaceAcheBook!

ryan_uk, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  8. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I had never used XenForo before and I think it is better than vb.

I agree with you the ability to give anonymous red reps was a big plus with vb but its no more. But that's the only downside I see.

newbie191, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  9. Zummatul

Zummatul Member

Best Answers:
    I just love the XenForo!!!
    It's so clean and easy!!
    THANKS DP!!!
    I have visited other forums but this is the best!!!!!

Zummatul, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  10. cbusiness

cbusiness Active Member

Best Answers:
    Simple, easy to navigate.
    Definitely faster, and looks much better.

cbusiness, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  11. karthimx

karthimx Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Everything looks faster.

The one attracted me the most is "ALERTS"

Its easy to check when people replied to our posts.

karthimx, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  12. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It took me a while to get used to the new layout, but I like using it now. Everything is where it's supposed to be and I like that about any site. And like I said somewhere else, please, do not change your new layout for next.... oh, I don't know, 5 years? :)

qwikad.com, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  13. cbusiness

cbusiness Active Member

Best Answers:
    I actually really like the new system.
    There were tons of complaints about the "likes",
    but if all that time and energy used to make the complaints, were put towards contributing,
    they would find it's not as hard as they initially thought.

cbusiness, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  14. VideoWhisper.com

VideoWhisper.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Did not visit forum for some time after the upgrade so still getting used to it.
    Probably most complains were already addressed so it will be a good experience from start.

VideoWhisper.com, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  15. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Shawn,

Since this new sw gives DP the social media feel, I would build on that a little bit more. Maybe get certain threads ranked higher within the categories based on popularity. Think Facebook. Whatever works there, should also generate activity.

Overall I like it. But I would also like to see more activity from knowledgable members and I am afraid some of the best information ever given here has been buried.

~ Mike

Blogmaster, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  16. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well... You already can sort threads by the number of likes they got... Something like thAt?

digitalpoint, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  17. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I was thinking more personalized. Based on what the member has previously visited and liked.

Blogmaster, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  18. King Kovifor

King Kovifor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Gives you a fantastic platform to build more of the awesomeness that you've made yourself known for. ;)

King Kovifor, Mar 12, 2013 IP