1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Facebook

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Divisive Cottonwood, Jan 18, 2008.

I wondered if anybody has had any success in using Facebook as a marketing tool...

I created a page for one of my sites, but all the good apps are only for the actual profile pages and now I'm like... now what to do with it?

I guess it's created like that for a reason... the only option to promote it now being to spend money on Facebook "flyers"...

Divisive Cottonwood, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  2. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not an avid user, but it looks like you can create applications for Facebook (kind of like those contests, trivia games, etc) that are 3rd party developed, but remain a fixture on someone's page. I think that if it's done right, it could be successful.

Pixelrage, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  3. pixeladd

pixeladd Banned

Best Answers:
    yeh creating apps is a great way to market
    Also joining the big groups

pixeladd, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  4. hneagle1

hneagle1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah what markn26 said. You can be very successful if you create an application that people will enjoy playing like a quiz game. Just curious what kind of website are you trying to promote?

hneagle1, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  5. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook apps are huge if you have the right site and know how to program.

Facebook Ads, well, not so much.

You could create a page and group related to your site though and hope people find it interesting enough to join.

MTbiker, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  6. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    I have.

I made $50,000 last month!

Pm me, and I'll show you how too!!!

Perry Rose, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  7. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Tell me more!

Pm me!

Sincerely,
    The typical DigitalPoint member.

*ducks for cover*

Perry Rose, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  8. bidder

bidder Active Member

Best Answers:
    how to do that, i'm member of facebook but boesn't know anything.:(

bidder, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  9. NicheDomainExpert

NicheDomainExpert Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not used facebook proactively. I used less than 10 times in a great time difference. I am not comfortable with facebook and about marketing on facebook, I have not even thought.

One of my off-line friend also asked me the same question but I am not aware off. It seems I need to go in detail and as soon as I gets any idea, I will surely post here.

I wondered if anybody has had any success in using Facebook as a marketing tool...

I created a page for one of my sites, but all the good apps are only for the actual profile pages and now I'm like... now what to do with it?

I guess it's created like that for a reason... the only option to promote it now being to spend money on Facebook "flyers"

NicheDomainExpert, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  10. topsearchresult

topsearchresult Peon

Best Answers:
    I have done some marketing for a real estate company using facebook. Setting up a broad group with hints, tips, and etc. Also I have used the marketplace section to put up some property listings. It is hard to tell if any actual sales came from this but every little bit of exposure helps. Right?

topsearchresult, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  11. Donmartini

Donmartini Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried using facebook to advertise but i think the users there are to young

Donmartini, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  12. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can target by age, so if you just want people age 50-65, you can do that.

MTbiker, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  13. deccanbazaar.biz

deccanbazaar.biz Banned

Best Answers:
    Well when you know the trick why do you want to share it with others? i would be interested to make the same amount if you can share it with me please pm me...

deccanbazaar.biz, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  14. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The ability for a business or website to have it's own facebook 'page' - rather than an app, which I think the original question was about, has a few uses, but it's a bit limited, I think.
    You invite people to be a 'fan', and then you can send them updates etc
    Also - if you take out an an ad for your business/website, you can link it to that page, so when your ad shows up for anyone who has a fan of your page in their friends, it appears like a personal recommendation...
    I think I've just made a simple thing quite complicated in my explanation :-(

The social ads and the ability to target them to age/location/interests I find really good, BUT - they seem to just stop showing them every now and then for no reason - not ban them - just stop showing them. I'm used to adwords, so I know how bidding and CPC works, but I just can't work out what's happening with facebook ads.

magda, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  15. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    you must have great and unique content, that's the only way to promote our site through social sites. Application is also needed. About ads, I don't think it will work.

wokaka, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  16. MafiaMaster

MafiaMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    I wrote an article about using Facebook to grow traffic. One of the things that I really recommend is starting a group. They start out slow, but if you get a few of your friends to invite their friends, the viral marketing will begin to take its toll. The only thing that is hard with Facebook that isn't with Myspace is you can't invite anyone that isn't your friend, so you're stuck adding all these people to your facebook friends in order to build the group. But, if you go to other groups similar to yours and send a message to the owner, he/she could write about your group in their message board and if you do the same, the groups could mutually grow. But, that's just my advice.

MafiaMaster, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  17. australianseoexpert

australianseoexpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    people sounds interesting here

australianseoexpert, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  18. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is a good tool to promote your business, if it is used correctly.

All you have to do is post regularly good content that keeps your target audience coming back
    for more.

I hope that helps a little bit.

Gianni.

Gianni Palazzo, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  19. Lkimmel

Lkimmel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey DC,

I currently use Facebook as 80-90% of my advertising budget and it works phenomenally. The real question you should ask before asking "how can I make money from FB?" is "What are my goals for my online business?" Facebook may not be your go to tool.

You absolutely NEED to have a Facebook page. But it may not be where you need to spend your time, energy, or money.

That said, I've sent a PM and we can talk more in detail if you find that my information is valuable to you :)

Lkimmel, Feb 18, 2013 IP