1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Learning Seo Or Purchasing Seo Services

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by GekiDan, Feb 6, 2013.

1. 007speed

007speed Member

Best Answers:
    If money isn't a problem for you I think it's best to purchase SEO services rather than do it on your own that's of course if the service is worth the money, this will save you time and mental peace of mind to focus on other stuff (This is only my opinion of course :) )

007speed, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    ryan_uk, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  3. Speedy_J

Speedy_J Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it's his hubpage and reposts here. if not, thumbs up to girishsharmah1 http://girishsharmah1.hubpages.com/ for a nice article.

To be honest I just wanted to encourage what seemed a new member continue the good work, of course copy/paste is not all that great. Please let us know your sources next time, chetanvh07.

Regards

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
    Speedy_J, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  4. ryan_uk

Best Answers:

At the bottom is the date on hubpages.com:

It has been a trend recently (to copy and paste articles from other sites without quoting the source) to get likes (seems to get them banned instead).

ryan_uk, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  5. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    Once you hire a company they will surely do some paid SEO process to improve your page rank earlier and this may affect your site view shortly. So its better to learn of yourself and start to do SEO of your own otherwise choose company which will increase your site traffic without doing any paid services.

karthick9, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  6. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:

I agree with you on that matter.

It is better to learn it on the side while you pay somebody, there is not point in paying
    if you can get it done yourself.

It comes down to one thing, LEARN, LEARN AND LEARN.

All the best.

Gianni Palazzo, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  7. profithost

profithost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Having SEO done by experts avoid you to get your site banned by google for a mistake in technique!
    if you want to learn and it's a good thing, don't try on your Main website but on a TEST website ;)

profithost, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  8. GekiDan

GekiDan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah. There are things that I read that mostly contradicts each other. So recently, I refrain from reading much on forums but rely most on searching Google or reading SEO-related blogs. And yeah, FAQs or answers sections on various sites, like SEOClerks can do a bit of help understanding things.

I know there are people that hate Google, but there are some who likes them. If they give you traffic, why hate them? Well, that's only my personal opinion.

GekiDan, Feb 18, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  9. touches93

touches93 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Both. Learn SEO first so that in the future, you know how to buy the right SEO services.

touches93, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  10. Dean F

Dean F Banned

Best Answers:
    Both is Better!
    Because sometimes I like buying Authorized SEO Service just to learn how to do Link Building Properly and learn the link Structure.
    Sometimes I steal their list and open my own service :p

Dean F, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  11. shams714

shams714 Member

Best Answers:
    If you do not have time to learn SEO, then at least you should read the Google guidelines prior to hire an SEO worker for backlinks :
    http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35291
    And if you have time to learn SEO, then go to the Google's official YouTube channel, ORIGINAL Google officials answer SEO questions etc there. Also there are Google webmaster blog and Google support. Well, do not expect that they will tell you the secrets, but at least you can know how to be on safe side.

And, if you already know enough about the basic SEO and want to be updated all the times (Google makes around 500 changes in their algorithm in a year), then you can read some good blogs like:
    http://www.seroundtable.com/category/google-updates
    http://www.seomoz.org/blog

shams714, Feb 18, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  12. sham2

sham2 Member

Best Answers:
    Nice posts! Thanks for great information.

sham2, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  13. shams714

shams714 Member

Best Answers:
    Most probably that hubpage will be deleted soon OR the owner of that hubpage will get a mail like this: we have found a duplicate copy of your article ..... u ve got one week to fix your article so that it looks unique otherwise we will "Lock" your hubpage. Hubpages often do this :( I lost few of my hubs too

shams714, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  14. ryan_uk

Best Answers:

In this case no - the hubpage was the original one and the person's post on DP (which had been copied from HubPages.com) has been deleted.

ryan_uk, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  15. chetanvh07

chetanvh07 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Guys I apologize for the copy paste. But the source which you have found in hubpages.com is of mine only. the post in hubpages.com was posted by Girish sharma it is my official name i work for globalwebdesignseo company.

This is my author bio:-
    Girish Sharma is working at Globalwebdesignsseo as a Digital Marketing Executive. Globalwebdesignsseo is specialized to deliver high performance technology, internet properties and digital marketing solutions.

Speedy_J thanks man for encouraging. From my next post i will make sure that i will place my source link here. Any way thanks.

chetanvh07, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  16. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a basic knowledge about SEO then i would like to suggest you to do it yourself by learning and practicing. Because once you will learn then you can do SEO yourself for your future site. If you are purchasing SEO services than you have to not only pay for one time, you may have to pay all time for your future site. So learn by doing...:)

afoley77, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  17. Speedy_J

Best Answers:
    SEO is time consuming, and if you own multiple sites you'd better find a great service provider to help you rank & maintain them.

Learning SEO isn't such a big deal, especially with solid forums such as DP of course, and many others, as well as with the help of service providers, friends, etc. Yet in the end it's all about how much time you can spend working on your sites.

You can also try various subscription sites to have your sites constantly checked and monitored, but this may cost you more than hiring someone to take care of it all (including linkbuilding and social media management).

Bottom line, keep reading industry leading blogs and at least skim Art of SEO or any quality SEO book to better understand what a good SEO should be doing with your sites, but if you have a good affordable team working, reporting and delivering results than there's no need firing them.

Speedy_J, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  18. ushahm

ushahm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i have learned seo in an institute and am currently working for my company website.my keywords are getting good ranking in search engine.now am learning to promote my website on social networking sites.:)

ushahm, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  19. GekiDan

GekiDan Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is a hubpage?

GekiDan, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  20. Speedy_J

Best Answers:
    "A place where people write for the joy of it. But writing is just the beginning. At HubPages you can create. You can inform. You can interact. You can converse. Share and show your interests in a myriad of ways. From words to pictures. From Videos to Forums. From Answers to Questions. The possibilities are boundless. The experience may even be addicting (in a good way). HubPages can also open up a rewarding world of learning (you might even find yourself earning)..." continue reading and learn more about the wonderful world of opportunities a hubpage can create for you, here http://hubpages.com/about/us

:p

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    Speedy_J, Feb 22, 2013 IP