1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you make money with squidoo?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dscurlock, Jan 18, 2013.

1. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If what is on my account? If his id is in the amazon links, then i do
    not see how I get credit for any sales, its not like there is some master
    id field in squidoo where i can setup my ids...

so far, no PM; could be by now...

dscurlock, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  2. jamescastle

jamescastle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Oh sorry I'll resend it, probably got lost.

Hmm, it was two months since I used amazon, let me head in and check it for you.

jamescastle, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  3. Luisribas

Luisribas Banned

Best Answers:
    its social networking therefor you have some friends who are Following you or friend on suidoo and than after they see your lense if they like your Lense then they will purchase and you will earn but i think post same lanse everywhere on internet you will be earn

Luisribas, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  4. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    I know what the process is, what i do not understand is why the previous owner
    of the squid is still showing his ID in all links; he said once I got the transfer, then
    I get the credit of any sales, but why his is ID still in the links is the question....

dscurlock, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  5. Luisribas

Luisribas Banned

Best Answers:
    i think you can remove ID

Luisribas, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  6. digitalduke

digitalduke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is there anything in Amazon Modules on "Enter links or Amazon ASINs (one per line)"
    You can use Squidutils to get your own code.

digitalduke, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  7. digitalduke

digitalduke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    or maybe you can just used link generated by your Amazon Associates to stop sharing your commision with Squidoo.

digitalduke, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  8. dailybreadgivers

dailybreadgivers Banned

Best Answers:
    I do not use squido, but blogging will help a ton as well to promote your affiliate links

dailybreadgivers, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  9. rprost

rprost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In order to keep my lenses green I found that all I have to do is send a couple of visitors to the lens. In most cases I can do this simply by opening a new window and visiting my own lens, apparently this will count as a visitor and normally is enough to move me back into the green if I drop out.

rprost, Jan 25, 2013 IP
    dscurlock likes this.
  10. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    I have had them about a week now, some are doing better, some are
    not doing great, but they are not falling to the pit, others are holding steady...
    no indication that I will make any income anytime soon...

dscurlock, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  11. rprost

rprost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I found that it takes time before they start making money. I have one lens that gets about 150 visitors a month and last month made $1300 in Amazon sales but for the first six months it did nothing. About six months in traffic started building but it was about a year before the lens was making regular sales.

rprost, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  12. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    What you are saying is that from one lens, at @ 8% commission, you sell 17k worth of stuff
    on just 150 visitors? Still want to stick to that story; Are you high?

dscurlock, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  13. rprost

rprost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, that's 150 visitors a day, 4500 a month.

rprost, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  14. ykgseo

ykgseo Member

Best Answers:
    Create good and effective content on squidoo increase squidoo likes and comment, update daily leance

ykgseo, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  15. michael.maricich

michael.maricich Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad you opened this thread as of now i currently make around 2,500 a month using squidoo. Squidoo has gone along way to bend over backwards for google and in doing so a lens that is made correctly can get some search engine love. Almost all of my len's on 5 separate account rank on the first page of the keyword i targeted and for several long tail keywords. If you want to learn about squidoo and get a great start at it may i suggest looking at erica stones books. She will school you on the in and outs about squidoo and has some great advise on how to make the most with your lens. I too am in the works on creating a course that focuses on sqiudoo and some other methods to bring in traffic that she doesn't focus on. so with out giving you too much info i will try to help you better understand how to make squidoo work for you.

1.) Look at the demographics. Head over to alexa and quancast and see who mostly goes to squidoo. On there you can also see what types of searches these people do so log the information you see.

2.) Head over to squidoo and see what the most popular topics are. Take note of what you see. Bye now you should have a idea of who goes to squidoo and what there interest seems to be.

3.) Look at the top lensmasters. See what they are doing as far as how they structure there len's, there writing and what seo tactics they maybe using. Remember one of the easiest ways to succeed is to do what successful people are doing.

4.)Now that you have a idea of what you want to make a lens on lets see if it's worth it. Head over to squidoo and type in your keyword. Take a look at the top lenses on your topic. Now open a new tab and head over to squidaholic.com and paste each of the top lens in to see how much traffic it's getting. If it's a good bit then you might have a winning lens on your hand.

5.) now look at how many baclinks the site has and what keywords there targeting. To do this we simply head over to ahrefs.com put in there url and bam there you have it . you can see not just how many backlinks they have but you can also see what urls are linking back to them. Also what anchor text there using, this is important because alot of the search engine traffic maybe coming from a different keyword then the one your targeting.

6.) Make a lens that blows the water off the top lens you look at. See what they did right and copy it see what they may have been missing and put it in your lens. Also make more lens on the topic then them at least 6. And these brings me to my last tip.

7.) Take advantage of squidoo's internal link structure. See squidoo has lots of page rank to give not to mention that as long as google has been around they have always loved a site that is easy to navigate.
    So how do you make this work in your favor? Bye using the discovery tool squidoo provides to you. open it up and look for where it allows you to add what ever urls you want in the related lenses. This is where you add your lens so people don't leave to anothers lens. Also use the tag feature so you will show up on other people lens. Not only to you now run the chance of getting people from someone else's page but you also stand a good chance of building page rank fast as your page ages.

Hope that helps you to understand the power of squidoo. Also on a side note try to look for product that cost aleast 50 buck or more on amazon that way you can generate larger commissions.

michael.maricich, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  16. bothewebguy

bothewebguy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good Information Michael! I have received payents from Squidoo for last 8-9 months on different accounts. Most of the benefit comes from links and pictures that generates traffic to sites linked off of Squidoo. I am very happy with what I get from Squidoo based on the time and effort I spend there.

bothewebguy, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  17. Opoffers

Opoffers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ii is possible to make some decent money with squidoo, but just like anything it is just another tool in your bad to create traffic. when you use all the tools together you will create enough traffic to generate a desired result.

Hard at work at OperationOffers CPA

Opoffers, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  18. yourglobaltv

yourglobaltv Active Member

Best Answers:
    In order to get paid when your Squidoo lens generates some income, you should open a Paypal account if you don't already have one. If you want the money earned by your Squidoo lens to be sent to you, don't forget to set up your account so that 100% of your lens' earnings go to your Paypal account; if you want to give the money to charity, you are free to do so as well by selecting the right payment option.

yourglobaltv, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  19. Tasu

Tasu Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't tried to make money with Squidoo, ,how to do it?

Tasu, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  20. bothewebguy

bothewebguy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ways to make money with Squidoo
    • Get a Top Ranked Lens Payout
    • Generate Commission through Amazon and Ebay
    • Generate Commission through other Affiliate Links

Top Rank Lens - LensRank Payouts by Squidoo
    Every lens (squidoo term for page or article) has an overall rank on their system
    If your lensrank averaged from 1 to 2000 for the month of November, that lens qualifies for Tier 1 Payout, which WAS a total of $69.53 - This payment was made in the middle of January 2013. ( Payouts are about a month and a half behind the earnings)

If your lensrank averaged from 2001 to 10000 for the month of November that lens qualified for Tier 2 Payout, which was a total of $11.82.

If your lensrank averaged from 10001 to 85000 for the month of November, that lens qualified for Tier 3 Payout, which was a total of $0.59

Commissions
    The commission payouts are simply based on affiliate marketing... get pages ranked - get traffic, they click on links and purchase - this generates commissions for you.

bothewebguy, Feb 21, 2013 IP