1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shopping Cart Dilemma

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Dee2007, Feb 17, 2013.

Hi

I have a bit of a dilemma because what my client wants isn't standard with any of the shopping carts I have experience.

First question

Does anyone know of a shopping cart that allows you do display options visually? So if you have a choice of fabrics etc etc rather than them being named in drop downs they can be images with check boxes. If you take a look at the link below it will explain exactly what I mean.

http://trialsites.ihoststudio.com/trialsite365041/website/

Second Question

My client wants people to complete a quite complex form so that they can have details of their customers measurements. They need the visitor to be able to login at any time and update this. Again I don't know of any cart that allows this.

If anyone can advise I would be very grateful :)

Thanks in advance

Dee

PS If not a shopping cart any other suggestions are welcome.

Dee2007, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  2. webanalytiker

webanalytiker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Dee

It might not answer completely on your questions, but i have some input.
    On this shop you can choose the fabric on the product overview page, and also see what is available: http://gb.sainttropez.com/en/top/Shop-Online/Pants.aspx
    The shop is made in Dynamic web (god bless them ; -) ).

And then in relation to the complex check out flow: I will suggest you have a very good tracking on the drop out rate in the Analytics data. Both on drop out on page level, but also track how many which start typing in the top, but does not finish typing in all fields. You can track how many visits that activates each field and make a funnel with these data. In that way you can show your client if their wishes is to complex and cost to much in users who drop out.

webanalytiker, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  3. davehermansen

davehermansen Active Member

Best Answers:
    It would take a bit of customization, but I have seen BigCommerce stores with both of these features in place.

davehermansen, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  4. WebiProg

WebiProg Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, unfortunately no one shopping cart solution available now can do it. You will need to customize your shopping cart.

WebiProg, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  5. orangegirl

orangegirl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In CS-Cart you can add images for product option variants and choose the necessary variant by clicking the concrete image.
    As for second option, is it like profile information (one per customer) or one for order?

orangegirl, Feb 18, 2013 IP