1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dissecting Php

Discussion in 'PHP' started by mrsray, Feb 18, 2013.

I love php and wish I had more time to learn it, in the mean time I am learning very slowly as I go. Mainly from other people's scripts and asking for help as I go LOL

Anywho, I have a script that automatically sends an emails to people who sign up and I would like to edit the wording of those emails

anytips on how I can locate the email wording? I searched my folder with all the script files for words like send_email and the exact wording that is in the emails, as I got a few sent to me while testing the script and have had no luck, spent all day so far looking

Thanks in advance

mrsray, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  2. innozemec

innozemec Active Member

Best Answers:
    mail() is the function that sends out the emails normally. Look for it

anyways, when you wish to edit the wording, thats probably kept in some template files..

innozemec, Feb 18, 2013 IP
    mrsray likes this.
  3. mrsray

mrsray Active Member

Best Answers:
    found a post from 2008 that said:

Windows Grep http://www.wingrep.com to search files or even whole folders for any text string.

after 12 hours of hunting, this answer found what I was looking for in 5 min, which included the dload, install and search LOL

I so need to learn PHP

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
    mrsray, Feb 18, 2013 IP