1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buy Dropped Domain - Use Old Content

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by NoDepositer, Feb 14, 2013.

I have bought some really nice dropped domains i found.
    And i check the domains in web.archive.org and i can see they have some good content there. Can i copy the content and setup and new Wordpress website with the old content or is this bad for the domains?

Reason i am asking is that i am focusing on some other projects right now and i just want to get the websites online, fill them with some content and get some links.

Thanks!

NoDepositer, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  2. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the both content go live in the same time then you should not do that because you might get into duplicate content trouble.
    Unless the original content is own by you and you bring it down and make it go live in one site only. Then this way is fine for you to go with it.

JerrickYeoh, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  3. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    That content has probably been indexed when the domain used to exist, and is written by someone else. I think it would be better to re-write that content and make it current, rather than use the same, exact content.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  4. Deceth

Deceth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Having purchased the old domains, you'll have some advantages because you might have a few links pointing your way and you're not starting from zero in terms of trying to rank in search engines.

However, in order to use the old content that was previously published on the website, you need to contact the creator. All of that content is copyright and you can get into trouble using it.

I highly recommend you browse the old site looking for a contact email address. Contact the previous author, be straight up, and say you purchased the domain and was wondering if you could re-post the original content. You might find out the database was actually sold, and so you can't use the material legally, or, you might make a friend willing to give you tons of free material you can publish.

Worse case, you're told no. But, that's still better than resorting to plagiarism. Maybe you could consider splitting any profits you make from publishing the content as a way to convince the author, because, that's still a good deal for a database loaded with material. Or offer to buy the content for 5$, since it's possible it's not being used anyways.

Deceth, Feb 15, 2013 IP
    NoDepositer likes this.
  5. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's really matters, as long as the content on teach site is unique.

ninjamtlt1, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  6. dezzy94

dezzy94 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think copyright would come into play here , you'd have to ask the original creater of the content weather you can use it or not

dezzy94, Feb 18, 2013 IP