1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Being Recognized By 3 People

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by freeadstime, Feb 16, 2013.

We joined DigitalPoint a while back and we figured out that we can learn and teach over here. We were excited and we started reading and posting. We also are moderators, top contributors and members of other larger forums. A return from these postings is that we can have a signature below our postings to say who we are.
    But after DP updates, we noticed the signature is gone and we should be recognized by three established members here in order to have it back. This is where the problem starts. We mostly post in topics related to classifieds since we are expert in that niche and it seems not many of established members are interested in this niche. We have not been recognized at all after about 150 posts. Please let us know what we should improve on and we truly appreciate admins, moderators, top contributors work since we have been there and we know how much work it is.
    Thanks.

Solved! View solution.
    freeadstime, Feb 16, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  2. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Please first explain who are this "WE"????:(
    and you had just posted your "Hi" in intro section on 8th Feb so it's clear you are inactive since long time, I had also noticed that you have some post in SEO and general marketing section but I think people didn't found it useful. so try to help people (Become first helper) to get likes and post in all other sections..like Suggestions & Feedback, payment processing, programming etc.. If people found your post useful they will surely like it.
    Best of luck

FreeFun4Every1, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  3. freeadstime

freeadstime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You sure have a point. But I rather see that DP wants me to begin with. When I say we, I talk about the team and whenever I say I, I talk about me. We have been attached to some of the forums out there, because they care about us and they get us involved. But, we don't get that attention from DB. It is more like DB wants the attention itself. Maybe it is a reason that they have lost so much traffic since their latest updates. Again, this page is meant for feedback and it was our feedback here.
    As for useful responds, we have great rankings in other forums with great percentage of useful answers. However as for DB, it is like a father with over dozens kids and it doesn't really pay attention to all of them.

It's the nature of running a large site. It's simply not possible to get personal with 600,000+ users individually. Imagine if Facebook tried to have a personal relationship with every user.

The larger the site (of any type), the more it becomes about giving users functionality they want/need vs. being able to rely on users coming back because they like you.

As far as us getting less traffic, I'm really curious where you are getting your analytics from. I've seen many people say the same thing, but no one has been able to tell me the source of their stats. Do people somehow have access to something better than our Google Analytics? Based on Google Analytics, we have 4.06% more visits and people staying on the site 36.64% longer (see this post).

digitalpoint, Feb 16, 2013 IP
    flowersn and ryan_uk like this.
  5. freeadstime

Best Answers:
    The fact that the owner of DP responded was more than enough for us. I guess we can add this to our portfolio:)
    The reports comes from nonsense Alexa ranking.

6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The vast majority of users that have the Alexa toolbar installed also happen to be the users we are trying to mitigate and get rid of (spammers/scammers, etc.) They are the ones who think installing the Alexa toolbar will somehow give them great rankings or do *anything* really.

Based on the comparison here, you can surmise that there's a 1503% higher Alexa toolbar install base per 1,000 users in India than there is in the United States (for example).

digitalpoint, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  7. onlypmme

onlypmme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand the dilemma faced by you after 150 posts. It is also true that you may be an expert in some field, but many members with similar expertise or specialization in other areas have managed many Likes. I can only advise you to research a little, find out what people wish to hear, analyze and take a tour to find out why some people even after 12 posts have 4+ likes. Take my example, even after 130+ postings I never received a single "Like" but now in just 1 post, I managed 2 likes.
    Don't worry, have patience.....

onlypmme, Feb 18, 2013 IP
    freeadstime and Austech like this.
  8. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @freeadstime........"We" appreciate your comments......we being me, myself, and I.:)

Spoiltdiva, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  9. khan.anzer

khan.anzer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even though it may be frustrating for a user to digest this three likes process like me who have almost similar no of post and a decent itrader....but now i am realizing its a learning experience as well...we not only get to know the various contents of the forum but also there is lot to learn for content writers including latest keywords, trends, reader preference etc.

khan.anzer, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  10. premise911

premise911 Member

Best Answers:
    its a small change that most people have a problem with at first, like i did, but im getting used to it. I got 3 like within 24 hours just by being helpful to others. If thats a problem than you should go elsewhere.

Otherwise it sounds like you could do the same. If you post on only one forum in here than do the best to help those in there.

premise911, Feb 18, 2013 IP
    freeadstime and Spoiltdiva like this.
  11. Dolerite

Dolerite Member

Best Answers:

At first, I was hesitant about the new updates as I usually post in the BST section and so I thought I was being isolated by not having the likes. Then I realized that DP hasn't done this to penalize me, and eventually it will benefit me because the BST forum won't be full of spammers and time wasters and it will make the services that people actually do a lot more credible.

Like all new things, it will take time to adjust and I'm sure, given your expertise in these particular niches, that you will be able to gain 3 likes and the ability to get your signature back.

Dolerite, Feb 18, 2013 IP
    freeadstime and Austech like this.
  12. freeadstime

Best Answers:
    It is great to see all these responds, the one on one attention actually does exist on DP. We were wrong and we don't say this often.

freeadstime, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  13. freeadstime

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to give you guys an update. We had 0 likes in 150 posts and now we have 3 likes by our 157th post!
    We are same people and with same amount of knowledge, only thing we changed was the way we were writing the responds. Our responds were summarized in a line or two before, but now we go more into details and our responds are more of a paragraph or two.
    This thread helped us to figure out what our approach should be, we hope it help other people out there too. Best of luck.

freeadstime, Feb 21, 2013 IP
    Dolerite likes this.
  14. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    Congratulations freeadstime Now "We" can say "We" both are established and your this post will help many people to understand that "It is not hard to get Likes"

FreeFun4Every1, Feb 21, 2013 IP
    freeadstime likes this.
  15. khan.anzer

khan.anzer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

My friend, sometime it is when you are not into communication and forum posting but just looking for article writing for work and despite enjoying a good itrader cant be able to do so, just because u lack Likes.

khan.anzer, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  16. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:

I also have good iTraders but now it's meaningless to talking about it so better you tried to build new reputation and for that you must get 3 Likes just see thread OP got 3 Likes in 7 Post...You have 3 Likes but if you are not established and it is not from 3 Different members so try to get it..it's not as hard as you think.

FreeFun4Every1, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  17. Aleksa Miladinovic

Aleksa Miladinovic Active Member

Best Answers:
    It seems to me that the best way to get those likes is to open a topic about them. :) I see many have succeeded. :)

Indeed, this is sarcasm. xD

Aleksa Miladinovic, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  18. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @freeadstime
    Do yourself a favor and quit with this "we" crap. You are not doing *yourselves* any favors here. It's a big turnoff, at first I thought it was funny.....now not so much.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  19. freeadstime

Best Answers:
    We have been saying we for years in other forums, but the topic of asking why we use "we" never came up, no one even pointed out at all. People do pay attention in DP. It sure is type of forums we would like to be part of. We try to use I for more convenient to other users from now on.

freeadstime, Feb 22, 2013 IP
    premise911 and Colleen like this.
  20. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Don't really see any problem with you choosing to use "I" or "we"... makes no difference. I used to have a very good friend here who worked here as part of a team and used "we" as well. I understood it was just that they worked here as a team, that's all.

Colleen, Feb 22, 2013 IP
    freeadstime likes this.