1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Not Sell Digital Goods

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Feb 11, 2013.

So I noticed some pretty hilarious product descriptions in the digital goods marketpalce, and while I would have THOUGHT this would be obvious for anyone trying to sell ANYTHING on the Internet, apparently not...

Let's take this as an example... https://marketplace.digitalpoint.co...pa-method-make-easy-money-now-today.1012/item

As a seller, you write your entire sales pitch in images... now guess what? No one is ever going to see it because it's not searchable. It's not searchable in the search engine here on this site because there's no text TO search. It's not searchable in Google because Google because again... the text is in images.

Now let's take an example of a different digital goods product that actually has text as it's description...

[​IMG]

The page has gotten over 4,500 views from referrals (most from digitalpoint.com because the digital goods product shows up in search results on this site). And then it's gotten 1,421 page views from ORGANIC SEARCH.

But hey... if you want to get 0 people seeing your product that are actually searching Google or this site for it... sure... keep putting your sales pitch in images.

digitalpoint, Feb 11, 2013 IP
    Fakher and Brandon Sheley like this.
  2. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I think I first found DP from google search and it was a thread with actual writing.

superrichguy, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  3. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    malky66, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Maybe on WF, it's a good idea to put your sales copy in images since you probably are only selling to people already on the site anyway I suppose... but still. Just not sure why anyone would want their stuff to not show up in search (on this site or in Google)...

digitalpoint, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  5. 3mints.info

3mints.info Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe Newbie

3mints.info, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  6. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:

I meant the actual rubbish product he's trying to sell

malky66, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  8. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:

The image also says "Dear warriors", IMO these people might just be taking screenshot of pitches from other forums and selling things they don't own. Using images would be a great way to make sure the actual owners of the products don't find their thread.

Helvetii, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  9. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    But surely they must be SEO experts because they're selling SEO software that is guaranteed to boost your website rankings?

dcristo, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I figured he knew I was a Samurai?

digitalpoint, Feb 16, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow, Helvetii and dcristo like this.
  11. swood

swood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Am i the only one that sees those kind of posts or websites and straight away think "Scamming bastards, go die!"? All of them look pretty much the same and all say the same thing. "Wanna know how i make $666 million a second? Well i'll send you a PDF file and some flashy videos for just $25 and you holding up a sign that reads, I was actually stupid enough to waste money on this, and that's it!"

/Rant over
    /Off topic. You guys really don't like WarriorForum ay. Suppose it's kinda like the Facebook, MySpace rivalry ;)

swood, Feb 17, 2013 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have nothing against Warrior Forum. I'm sure they are good at what they do. {shrug}

digitalpoint, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  13. swood

swood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now, now. You have something they don't..... ME!!! You lucky buggers!!

swood, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm still curious who taught idiots to write product copy in images? It's seriously maybe the dumbest idea in the world. Even if they have a good product, it wouldn't matter because no one can find it. Someone really should start a copywriting service for people trying to sell digital goods I think. Let's take the newest listed script for sale for example:

https://marketplace.digitalpoint.co...000-day-with-brand-new-amazon-store.1889/item

Not a SINGLE word in their info, just a bunch of images so they can make sure no one will ever find their product. And then not ONE, but TWO spelling mistakes in their title. If a seller can't even be bothered to write a *title* without spelling/grammatical errors, not sure why they think anyone is going to take them seriously and buy whatever it is.

And then the same people cry they don't get very many sales even though no one can find their stuff through search on this site or search in Google.

Forget about advanced marketing techniques... if you can't even write a product title/description, nothing else will help.

digitalpoint, Sep 27, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow and ryan_uk like this.