1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Maximize Profit From This Site

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cup243, Feb 14, 2013.

Hi, I have partnered with the owners of a website that gets around 400,000 free uniques a month, mostly organic. My job is to maximize the profits taken from this site.

I am not sure if I am allowed to put a link, but please look for "pakistan video website" in google, first result. Most visitors are women. 1/3 of them are from countries like UK, US and Canada. The rest mostly from Pakistan.

How much do you think you could make every month if this site was yours?
    And with what methods?

I am looking for suggestions on how to make more money from this 400k uniques, should we sell our own product? or do affiliates? or something else? Just give me ideas.

Thank you.

cup243, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You may want to try: http://www.virool.com/

You can get paid for promoting videos on your partner's site.

qwikad.com, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  3. cup243

cup243 Member

Best Answers:
    Adding ads is the easy way to monetize a site but I feel in order to truly maximize profits you have to sell your own products.

If that was your site, how would you monetize it?

cup243, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  4. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would definitely look for some affiliate products..there's a lot more income potential than with PPC ads.

ninjamtlt1, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  5. Deceth

Deceth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To make the most money, sell your own product.

To make the second-most money, sell someone else's product.

To make the third most money, slap on some ads.

Even more importantly, start an email list. Don't spam the list, but build up subscribers and send them something of value from time to time. This will eventually guarantee you a bath in a giant pile of gold coins on a private island in the middle of nowhere which is unfortunate because it is very difficult to buy anything useful in such a place.

Deceth, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  6. njfail

njfail Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you do decide to slap on some ads, you could try out ValueViewMedia. Its a CPM based banner network, no popups, no redirects, no audio ads.

I think its a little silly to think you can have a product for everyone visiting your site. Unless you have a friend with an electronics warehouse, you're probably better off selling someone else's product if you take that route.

In my opinion, the best route would be to target CPA offers toward videos that are keyword'ed with similar products, set the frequency for 1 or 2 views per unique IP (no need to try to sell someone the same thing over and over). For videos without merchantable keywords or context, serve a CPM or CPC ad.

njfail, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  7. prawyyy

prawyyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    With so much traffic you should try affiliate networks. In this case, even the CPM advertise should be adequate. You need to test to check if your traffic will convert to sells. Try to join to Adsense or other huge ad network.

prawyyy, Feb 18, 2013 IP