1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Buying Backlinks Just A Waste Of Money?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Arran Scott, Jan 25, 2013.

1. boomboo

boomboo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I did a similar test to what you did but in my case i ranked faster with the paid links.

boomboo, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  2. ezprint2008

ezprint2008 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Google is killing of the text link brokers because it couldn't reign them in, by delivering IP location SERPs now. That's why when you search google these days the results tend to be local first with a mixture of some Nationals. So if you're a small business looking to rank for your locals you basically need Yahoo Business Directory paid subscription. around $199 - $250 year. and some medicore local backlinks. AKA= get in Chambers of Commerce (if applies to your area) and post your website. Then you're in the game locally and will be in top 5 searches. If you're still trying to go at it National, understand your competitors will pop up locally with thise quick fixes so you will have to play the backlink repuation and PR rep pretty high to beat out Top National competitors. Its harder now BECAUSE the other positions are held by local businesses where as prior they were held mainly by the top national competitors. textlinkad brokers etc. were winning the game against organic SEO teams and discrediting Google's search results , also they were losing the money to minimum $5,000 to $10,000 a month text-link brokers (they would have your keyword as a link pop up in articles and websites (where you always see keywords in an article showing as a link..those are heavily text link brokers playing middle-man to those websites to pay them per keywords and getting the money from website owners. National site competitors were paying the minimum $5000-$10,000 with the larger dominant keyword holders paying over $30,000 to $70,000 monthly IF it worked out for them in sales and advertising. Google couldn't control that without hitting LARGE National corporations and bouncing alll their PR scores and SERP placement, so they went the other way of offering local search IP relevance. Big players are still using text-link brokers but in reality it isnt worth it. You're better of making your business 'local' EVERYWHERE and going with the ONE business directory and the multiple business 'locations' if you follow what I'm saying.

ezprint2008, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  3. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:

This is actually what a site owner/ blogger should be doing instead of buying links. Natural links help you get into a good rank for your target keywords, and the effects are long term too. Unlike bought links.

Have a good day!

affilorama, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  4. kopek

kopek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Manually building like 100 to 200 backlinks in one or two months can be an uphill task, especially someone who is not devoted all his time to blogging

kopek, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  5. a1brandz

a1brandz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Buying back links is not good at all if they not from your industry. Paid Press Releases are worth buying and can really do wonders for any website.

a1brandz, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  6. d4nt0

d4nt0 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you had success with the second method, why do not you outsource it?

d4nt0, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  7. vigilante

vigilante Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's not one or the other, Paid vs Natural. Paid links are fine, as long as they are relevant - I use them at the beginning of a campaign to get a site on the map and then stop once the site has a link profile and decent audience.

In terms of the local ranking issue, mentioned by ezprint2008, you can rank locally with paid links, but it's all about citations and mentions as well. Here's a tip - if you want to rank locally, do an exact match search on your local competitors address, and try to get your address in the same places. No links required - trust me.

At the end of the day, tt's about making the best decision for your business, not making the best decision for Google.

vigilante, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  8. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, its a waste of money. Do yourself is best. One of my website get blacklisted by Aksimet. If a webmaster have some idea, webmaster will block all entrance of spammer.

Website scripts which are famous for spam
    - Wordpress
    - SMF
    - PHPBB
    - MyBB

Google may ban your website. Get backlinks from spam website effect your business.

humtuma, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  9. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    About 1,240,000,000 results show up for that keyword....

BOOOM!

You're going to need to diversify your link building strategy alot better than that if you want to be on the first page for those keywords....SHeeeSH!

Holla!~

GuruCreation, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  10. Alex210

Alex210 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I`ve never understood why would someone buy backlinks, when they can get them free.. besides, how would you know that your link doesnt get removed the day after you bought it?

Alex210, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  11. vigilante

vigilante Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is all bollocks - plenty of pros buy backlinks for the initial part of a campaign. It's just a case of diminishing returns as you start to gain links naturally. Again, if it's goig to boost your rankings, and make you more money then do it. It just becomes pointless at a certain point - this is when you stop paying for them.

vigilante, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  12. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    True, but there are still those that choose to buy links. I think that outsourcing your link building is much more cost-effective, rather than buy links.

Have a great weekend!

affilorama, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  13. GekiDan

GekiDan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I once purchased a couple of paid backlink services at SEOClerks for my adult site and it's very effective.But of course, you need to have it as normal as possible. Good thing is that the guy whom I purchased links to was a friend. So we were both helping each other out. LOL.

I haven't tried it on my main website though since I worry too much on the penalty of Google.

GekiDan, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  14. Tuscan Chef

Tuscan Chef Member

Best Answers:
    Well, start buying small amount, have a report and check how they work. Then buy more but ask them not to get them altogether, but dividing them up over 3/4 months.

Tuscan Chef, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  15. shams714

shams714 Member

Best Answers:
    Note: You did some backlinks for a website by your own, and you bought some backlinks for another website which were built by another person. You got result from one site, okay, BUT: Basically you build backlinks for both of the websites. So backlinks are important. But the quality may vary. Also, until your backlinks are indexed by the search engines, they are not useful. For instance - when you build a comment link on an article page, you can think that that page is already indexed because you could find that page by Google search. But when you buy a profile link or a fresh new link from a seller - it is your duty to make certain that the link is indexed. Except this, there is another factor: quality of the link. So buying the backlinks will not help you until you know these things.

shams714, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  16. CNlinkbuilder

CNlinkbuilder Member

Best Answers:
    To buy links you need to think strategically. Is the website you are buying links from a good website? Does it have decent PR, non-spammy backlinks/referring domains/content? Do they cater to your niche? These factors are very important to consider when choosing to purchase links. If you have seen your website get a healthy move on to search results then try it out and see how it goes. To buy links can be very clostly to get on to the first page. How quickly you get to the top also depends on the competition within your keyword/niche.

CNlinkbuilder, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  17. ayushsocial

ayushsocial Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, hire someone or buy some link building service, they do help you boost ranking...

ayushsocial, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  18. Registernuke

Registernuke Member

Best Answers:
    Is buying backlinks a waste of money? Well the answer depends on what type of benefits you are looking for and if you are a risk taker. For me I tend to put forth funds to back methods that have a more of a long term benefit and less risk, which sadly does not always provide instant success. Just as mentioned on other posts on this thread, Google frowns upon it and even Matt Cuts states briefly of the dangers:

Registernuke, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  19. Tuscan Chef

Tuscan Chef Member

Best Answers:
    I am trying to understand if there is a "daybuilt" or "datebuilt" variable on google algoritm.
    See, I am skeptical of google being intelligent to know when something is natural or paid. It can make scenarios for paid and natural, bad and good and assigning values/marks to each scenario. Similar to chess analysys where the program has to judge all scenarios at the end of a dept of moves. Also Google does not have variables enough to be sharp on this.
    On links the variables are easy to understand. Link per page less better than high, reciprocal worse, etc etc. We have all quire figure that out. Datebuilt is a variable that might help. Let's say I have on my link an article that can generate a good natural link, like a tip on doing something or a tasting of a wine where etc. The natural flow of links would be 1,3,6,8,7,3,19,4 per day or 1,0,0,2,0,3, in other words random and gaussian.
    If I buy 100 links it would be more like 0,0,100,0,0 so Google can make a scenario on a formula like:
    good: datelink today<= datelink yesterday +1 (only allow one link extra per day=natural growth of attention)
    bad: datelink today> datelink yesterday +2 (too fast)
    banned: datelink today>>datelink yesterday+4 (bombing)
    It could be today-yesterday or "tomonth" "lastmonth" or toweek lastweek or a chemestry of all.
    We can easily find this with a site that is held high with a one forum signature on an easy niche. Do toggling on that signature allowing will create a instant drop and an istant bombing.

Tuscan Chef, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  20. Zafar Sheikh

Zafar Sheikh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No way, Google not like paid link but if you buy good reputed websites link that will increase your PR and SEO working.

Zafar Sheikh, Feb 19, 2013 IP