1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Plagiarism

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by a-jani, Feb 13, 2013.

What is plagiarism in article and how can i avoid it.

a-jani, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  2. saad.munir

saad.munir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Basically, if you are copying someone else content in to your article it will be counted as plagiarism. It may be intentional or unintentional, but in either case you might be penalized by search engine king Google. You are not suppose to copy paste anything except if there is something that is really adding value to your article/blog, content. Plus, always copyscape your work to check before you publish.

saad.munir, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  3. altteam

altteam Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you take someone's content or part of content and publish it on your website without a link to the source article, it is plagiarizm. And it's a bad SEO. Try to rewrite interesting articles and add your own opinion, never take someone's work and say that it is yours.

altteam, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  4. teodorabg

teodorabg Peon

Best Answers:
    Many people just copy-paste excerpts, written by another person/people, but that, hawever, is plagiarism. If you happen torepeat someone else's words, always give the source you've used.

teodorabg, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You should know what must be documented. And you should have some general knowledge of the subject matter. Also insist (if hiring a writer) that any unoriginal content is to be placed within quotation marks and credited to the source.
    Over and above that just use a plagiarism checker.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  6. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Plagiarism is using another person's work and passing it off as your own. This refers mostly to written content but can and is extended to videos, music and other content. The best way to avoid this is to site references or link to them. If you include a part of someone's article, make sure to let the person know, or at the very least, list the person or the site as reference.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  7. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:

Are you for real? Do you seriously think you can just snatch someone else's stuff and claim it as your own "if it really adds value to your article or blog" - just like that?

You wouldn't mind me doing it to you, right? Taking one of your articles and putting my name on it just because I thought it would 'add value' to my blog? *blank stare*

Senobia, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  8. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you take that quote out of context you can make it sound bad. Reading his whole post, it is clear he says, "copying someone else content in to your article it will be counted as plagiarism". You know better.

browntwn, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  9. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Except...HE added the except, not me. That implies, "Yes, it's plagiarism so don't do it EXCEPT when it benefits you. Then it's okay."

Now YOU know better, being that I've pointed out the discrepancies in his statement.

Senobia, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  10. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Sounded to me like he was referring to quoting something, rather than copying wholesale - since that (your) interpretation contradicts everything else he wrote. How does your interpretation jibe with his saying, "Plus, always copyscape your work to check before you publish."

browntwn, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  11. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If you are quoting something from another site, offer proper credit plus a link to that original source. Though it is considered polite to contact the writer and ask permission before you quote them, I have found most don't mind as long as the aforementioned credit has been given in full.

What I tend to do in that situation is paraphrase the writer, offer a link to the source and mention them by name plus the site. That way there is no gray area. Plus, I feel it is less lazy.

As for anything else, if you have to ask, it is probably copyright infringement. I realize that is a bit extreme, but it does make things much simpler.

oo87, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  12. saad.munir

saad.munir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you completely misunderstood my reply. If I read your article, let's say about technological trade in asia, and I am also writing the article on impact of technological trades in south asia, I might be quoting few of the lines from your article and obviously crediting your work to explain things in my article. I think this is basics of referencing.

saad.munir, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  13. teodorabg

teodorabg Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you recommend a plagiarism checker? Thanks in advance.

teodorabg, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  14. onlypmme

onlypmme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Presently, grammarly.com and copyscape.com are two best sites to check plagiarism in your article, but both sites offer paid services, and not everybody can afford them. If you say, full proof plagiarism, I do not think there is any site that can provide you 100% result. If you are looking free service to check copying in your article, you can paste 8-10 sentences of your article on Google Search, and the search engine will immediately show if there is any plagiarism or copy from other sources. This way, you can check your whole article, but remember if you insert 200 -300 words on Google Search at one go, it might refuse you. So follow step by step. You can even paste a line or two on Google if you have any doubt on these lines.

onlypmme, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  15. teodorabg

teodorabg Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, many thanks. But it is a pity there is no such programme for free.

teodorabg, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  16. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend that you refer to post #14 and, remember that sometimes in order to make money you have to spend money. And you are most welcome!:)

Spoiltdiva, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  17. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If you need it for free, take some sections of the article and Google search them with quotation marks. It isn't as thorough as a program like Copyscape, but it will do in a pinch.

oo87, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  18. onlypmme

onlypmme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am using both Copyscape and Grammerly paid services for checking out Plagiarism, but for checking few sentences or a paragraph I use Google Search Engine which is 100% free. The process for finding Plagiarism through Google is also very easy. You can simply copy few lines or a paragraph of your article and paste it on Google Search. The search engine will immediately show your copied words in bold letters and related website from which these words or sentences are copied, but again I say, no search engine can give 100% result.

onlypmme, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  19. TopNotchwrites

TopNotchwrites Active Member

Best Answers:
    Copyscaoe declares an article plagiarised "If it finds 4 words in a string similar to anything that is available online". By this definition it is pretty easy to pass Copyscape but if you want to rank the write up well, you need to create Article by referencing(read refer) content from at least 3-4 sources. It must be in completely your own words. Cheers!

TopNotchwrites, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  20. Emma Pollard

Emma Pollard Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of my long term contracts is to provide articles based on Gay news and current affairs and put different take on it. I couldnt do this without referencing from other sites. I am careful to only quote what the original site has quoted and I give the same references as they do. Everything I quote tends to be official research and studies. I also make sure that the quotes are accurate, I feel that this is justified to validate the article being written.

Emma Pollard, Feb 20, 2013 IP