1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Like The New 3 Likes Rule??

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by DJboutit2, Jan 27, 2013.

?

Do you like the new 3 likes rule

Poll closed Jan 27, 2013.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hell no

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. intro

intro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On the end of the clip, on your native french, someone will introduce you to him :p:

intro, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  2. PSNX

PSNX Active Member

Best Answers:
    "Intro" has a point in what he's saying.

The fact is there are SOME (please note the word SOME) people here that will and DO just "like" something a person has said, and not because its helpful, for instance the "Jerry Seinfeld" comment got a "like", this may have seemed funny to a user which is why it has a like, but i don't see it being helpful or of any great value yet it is classed as a "valid", "like"

PSNX, Feb 14, 2013 IP
    intro likes this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I received that like due to humor/wit. I was making sarcastic fun of @intro. By writing "Jerry Seinfeld" I was mocking him as a clown. At least Jerry Seinfeld gets paid to make a fool of himself while @intro does it for free.:)
    Humor has a place on here as it lightens the atmosphere and at the sametime can make a valid point.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  4. intro

intro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you've read the post (I've posted here the link to it), spoiltdiva, malky66 and few more of them are just exchanging likes, it's not important if it's helpfull or not they'll like eachothers the post anyway :).

Her username tells it all, spoilt diva, malky is probably trying to get to her via likes :D.

intro, Feb 14, 2013 IP
    jimmyn115 likes this.
  5. PSNX

PSNX Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know why you got the like mate lol
    what im saying is:

1: The "like" system has been put in place as a form to help prevent spammers and scammers
    the likes have been introduced for HELPFUL and USEFUL posts

2: A "funny" (cocky) post that collects say 5 likes, has instantly enabled that person to now use the buy/sell/trade area with no helpful input what so ever, and for all we know, they could even be a scammer/spammer

this is 1 reason as to why im not 100% for the "like" system as it is easily manipulated

PSNX, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Anything can be manipulated given enough resources. But I'd also say it's harder to manipulate than the old system that measured a "contributing member" by them puts 25 posts of any sort and being a member for 14 days.

digitalpoint, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  7. intro

intro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How could you conclude that I didn't got the purpose of your reply on my avatar? Maybe you are really that dumb :D, did you ever check your IQ :)? Because, you could get some benefits if you are, and no one would blame you for anything.

intro, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Bottom line is that the dispensation of likes is up to the desecration of the individual user, and is not dictated to us by staff. It is therefore our choice as to how we use them and to whom you give them to. The 3 like rule is working well by any measure one cares to use.
    Earlier you chastised me for using words such as "malcontent" and "grimy ass". You claimed that by so doing I was "immature". Bit of a double standard here Intro?

ryan_uk likes this.
  9. intro

intro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With stupid people, you can't talk like with normal :). I told you you should stop using those words, you didn't.

Sometimes, for someone, you need to speak on their level so they can understand you.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
    intro, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  10. DJboutit2

DJboutit2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The 3 likes rules is plain lame here are some ideas for DP I know these are for Mybb but these should not be that hard to get for Xenforo

Min. Posts Required to Edit Signatures and Polling
    http://mods.mybb.com/view/min-posts-required-to-edit-signatures-and-polling

Forum Requirements
    http://mods.mybb.com/view/forums-requirements

Checkbox Validation
    http://mods.mybb.com/view/checkbox-validation

Stopforumspam
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/stop-forum-spam.5417/

Bad Behavior
    http://mods.mybb.com/view/bad-behavior

Those should be good enough to need the 3 likes rule

DJboutit2, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  11. PSNX

PSNX Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yea deffinately, and i fully agree with you this is why ive said you will never 100% stop all spammers/scammers

the only thing you can do is come up with ways to help prevent spammers/scammers and hope things work out

PSNX, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  12. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Four years studying at La Sorbonne, and the fact that I could probably understand you in 5 languages would not label me as "stupid". But someone who receives 8 infractions at once and can't take the hint?.......well?

13. intro

intro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So, if you speak 5 languages, you can't be stupid? Interesting :D.

LMAO, you just showed how stupid you are :p. What does infraction have to do with stupidity :p.

If you were educated as you said, you wouldn't write words you write, and I wouldn't have to go to that level so you can understand me. By the way, I'm on master studies of Mechanical engineering (4th year).

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
    intro, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  14. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I'm going to *try* and get this thread back on topic. "Stupid" is a relative term and I'm suggesting that not fully understanding why you suddenly got all those infractions could be seen as "stupid":) I'm suggesting that the mods are not only reminding you to observe the rules, but are sick of your attitude..........to not take a hint *is* stupid!
    I never claimed that I can *speak* 5 languages, I wrote that I can *understand* them. I make revenue translating in 2 languages and deciphering in 3 more.
    French-100% English-100% Spanish-50% Italien-20% German-20%. If you require any texts translated then send me an e-mail.:) Dechiphering is when I merely tell you what it says, I don't charge much for this.

O.K. so kindly tell us why you feel so strongly against the 3 like rule?

Spoiltdiva, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  15. intro

intro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've asked them if that's the case, and they've said it is not - which is what I thought.

Why - read my previous posts. Short story - you can get 3 likes quickly by sucking up to those who support it.

intro, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  16. PSNX

PSNX Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^ Agreed

PSNX, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  17. jimmyn115

jimmyn115 Member

Best Answers:
    ..or in your case, get them by arguing against it.

This is a suggestions and feedback forum after all, and it seems you've had a definitive answer from the forum owner in this thread about your suggestion.

What does get in the way is all the people telling you that you're wrong and can't give feedback or have an opinion on this!

jimmyn115, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  18. khan.anzer

khan.anzer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You know after browsing the forum for last 4 days i still cannot post on the thread and continue with my article writing services because of these silly LIKES...

khan.anzer, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  19. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    but you have 3 likes now..somehow..whats your problem??

malky66, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  20. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

What are you crying about? You have three likes.

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...ck-your-privilages-now.2632213/#post-18455284
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...new-3-likes-rule.2630586/page-4#post-18455292

That was without even having to put the effort into other parts of the forum, just crying about likes. Mission accomplished, you can get on with business.

ryan_uk, Feb 15, 2013 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.