1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Disavvow Tool

Discussion in 'Google' started by idoz1985, Feb 14, 2013.

Hey Guys,
    Does anyone had a good experience with the Disavow tool released by Google?
    I tried it on 3 sites of mine that were slapped by the penguin update but had no luck..

If so please let me know the best practices to do it

idoz1985, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  2. guttin

guttin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is a new tool ?

guttin, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  3. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Are you just disavowing the links or actually making a _real_ effort to sort out the problems with your site and off-site SEO? And instead doing legitimate (non-spam) SEO?

Good guidance from Google.

Have you been living under a rock?

ryan_uk, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  4. idoz1985

idoz1985 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I did a full link Audit and isolated the problematic links.. and even so .. seems like the site not making any signs of coming back..
    Did you have any success in it?

5. zippy1nut

zippy1nut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After using Disavow tool, did you do Re-inclusion request. You have let GOOGLE reevaluate your manual penalty.

zippy1nut, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  6. idoz1985

idoz1985 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I did.. they say that there is no manual penalty and there is nothing they can do

7. ryan_uk

Best Answers:

I didn't get myself into such a situation, but there is enough information out there and case studies. Your response is unclear. You need to actually remove some links yourself then make a disavow containing the ones you couldn't remove. Did you read the Q&A about it? It's documented there. I suspect your problem is you are just relying on disavowing links, which won't work.

As you have an algorithmic demotion, you need to then wait for the next Penguin Update for the filter to be removed on your site. After that, your SEO efforts will then bear fruit. If you have not made any significant SEO efforts, do not expect your site to suddenly return to its last ranking. It won't, you'll need to work for it.

ryan_uk, Feb 14, 2013 IP
    idoz1985 likes this.
  8. ChrisRey

ChrisRey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Many SEOs cheered that disavow links tool would make it easier to recover from a bad backlink profile. No more worrying about directories charging to remove links or trying to get out of bad link networks. but it wasnt a replacement for making link removal requests. its just no good for me

ChrisRey, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  9. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I heard this term first time ..so' no suggestions ..sorry dear .if you have information related to this then let me know also .

afoley77, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  10. ProSence

ProSence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, if you have complete knowledge of links then you can use this tool otherwise, it is advised not to use this tool for better result as we don't know which links should be kept and which links should be removed, we also have to maintain natural links.

ProSence, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  11. Hectorix

Hectorix Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's pointless. I even did not check this tool becase GOOGLE should do this work for you imho. Just stop buying crappy links and concentrate on content.

Hectorix, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  12. D_Ron

D_Ron Peon

Best Answers:
    download all of your links in a spreadsheet and prioritise links by number (e.g how many link to you) and go from the top to see if you should disavow them.
    Keep a record of links you have removed/tried to remove and email that to google upon reinclusion request!

D_Ron, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  13. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Why should Google remove crap links made by spammers? It lists them, but this does not mean it values them. The spammer should be the one putting in effort as it's the crap mess they made in the first place, not Google.

Agreed. Spammers will never learn though.

ryan_uk, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  14. conceptsti

conceptsti Active Member

Best Answers:
    It took 6 months for my rankings to come back after I disavowed around 100 links on one of my sites.
    Steps:
    1. find problematic links, put them in a txt file upload
    2. send a Re-inclusion request
    3. if it's an automatic penalty it takes time or Google takes around 3-5 months to respond

for me it was an automatic penalty and still took around 6-7 months for it to work.

conceptsti, Feb 26, 2013 IP
    davidness likes this.
  15. ryan_uk

Best Answers:

Some of the above is not entirely accurate.

Firstly, the Google disavow tool hasn't quite been around for six months (more like five).

Secondly, before disavowing links, DO actually get some links removed and DON'T just try disavowing all of your link spam (covered here). You are much more likely to have success if YOU make an effort. You need to allow some time for them to be processed before making a reconsideration request (yes, you need to do that as well), about 48 hours. DO include some comments. (All these last points are covered here.)

So, after a couple of days (48 hours), only make a reconsideration request if it's a manual penalty (i.e. you got a notification in Google Webmaster Tools). Typically, this takes two weeks for them to respond to. (Note: disavowing links does not automatically raise a reconsideration request.)

If the request is refused, take note of why and put in more effort.

If they lift the penalty, you're good to go (just don't spam again). This does not mean your rank will return. You will need some good, non-spam SEO for that.

IF you were algorithmically demoted (this means updates such as Penguin and Panda*) then you will need to wait for the next time it returns. Penguin is the one that can be a long wait (the first one was about 10 months ago and the last one about 4 months and 22 days ago), whereas Panda is about once per month, so a much shorter wait. Meanwhile, you can engage in positive, non-spam SEO.

*Remember, Panda is about content and Penguin is about links. Panda is a totally different story, but does not mean you shouldn't remove your bad links (and doesn't mean you weren't hit by both either, you just might not notice Penguin if Panda came first).

ryan_uk, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  16. Yogesh Giri

Yogesh Giri Member

Best Answers:
    This tools for remove spam link. it very use full but before using this read properly about this. how to work otherwise you have to face problem for site.

Yogesh Giri, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  17. tonys10

tonys10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've used Google DISAVOW tool once and 3 months after have not seen any results yet. Wondering too if anybody was successful with using the tool.

tonys10, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  18. msaeedkk

msaeedkk Member

Best Answers:
    Google Disavow Tool can sink you if not used carefully.

msaeedkk, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  19. indotcom

indotcom Member

Best Answers:
    I hear changes in SERP after use Disavow tools start in 3-4 weeks

indotcom, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  20. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Why? Google owes you NOTHING. Never make the mistake of thinking they do.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Feb 28, 2013 IP