1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Asp Vs Php

Discussion in 'Programming' started by webcosmo, Feb 11, 2013.

Which of this languages are easiest to learn and which programmer is better paid? From what i`m hearing ASP is better paid but not very easy to learn, but majority of websites use PHP. Why is that?

webcosmo, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  2. icecube media

icecube media Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    According to my view PHP is easy to learn but don't have scope in further. In ASP we have scope it is little bit difficult to learn.

icecube media, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  3. ggiindia

ggiindia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ASP is difficult to learn & ASP has a lot of scope for mine point of view..So, I prefer ASP.NET

ggiindia, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  4. Sashakta

Sashakta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both, depend you.

Sashakta, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  5. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please explane what scope future has ASP and PHP doesn`t ? Thanks

webcosmo, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  6. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're a programmer, they're both pretty easy to learn. (If you're not a programmer, you won't get a job so it doesn't matter which language you learn. Learning a programming language isn't learning programming.)

As for why PHP is more widely used, the server has to be a Windows server to run an ASP site. Any server, including Windows servers, can run PHP sites. Most professionals prefer not being locked into a single vendor (like Microsoft), but prefer open source (like PHP).

Rukbat, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  7. innozemec

innozemec Active Member

Best Answers:
    PHP is really easy to learn and you can create almost anything with it.

innozemec, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  8. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion you can easy find job with C++, Java, PHP and step by step C# is getting popularity. So probably when you start programming you should choose between two options:
    1. find most popular and wanted programming language - you need to look for job in bigger cities in your area.
    2. find niche and wanted programming language - it will be harder to find a job but when you do you will get better payout.

Also I heard COBOL language is an old one but some bank systems using it and this is the reason you should choose it because it can be profitable and easy to learn.
    [​IMG]

It's a fact the most wanted right now are Java and C# programmers. You should also invest your time in to learning UML and SQL. The most important is you need to know that when you choose to became programmer you will learn your whole life.

adbash, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  9. Alam

Alam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice replied @ Rukbat

Alam, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  10. falconlink

falconlink Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think both programs are good and lots of professionals working on both platforms. But comparatively, PHP is much popular as it's easy (it's my personal opinion). If you gather lots of experiences, I bet you can make money from any program. It's true, people like either ASP or PHP, but only skills can help you to reach the top, nothing else.

I have learned both, but now working on PHP and I am happy with that. :)

falconlink, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  11. Alam

Alam Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you @ falconlink
    But for the OS dependency, I prefer PHP rather than ASP.

Alam, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  12. Nedzad Mesic

Nedzad Mesic Peon

Best Answers:
    HI,
    I me prefer PHP rather than ASP. ASP code is much more difficult to understand, although I would like to learn to program in ASP. I tried several times, but I always came back to PHP. Alternatively, I use a combination of Java and PHP script to get the desired result.

Nedzad Mesic, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  13. ajiabs

ajiabs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lot of it will depend on what you want to do with it. If you are planning to create light web pass and scripts, php is a better option. Salary range is very similar for php and regular asp. But when it comes to enterprise applications asp.net still has some advantage and has significant salary advantage. php has come a long way in the enterprise space, but many companies, especially from older economies still stuck with .net

ajiabs, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  14. Vishal Chadha

Vishal Chadha Member

Best Answers:
    PHP and ASP both programming languages that are commonly used to create websites. Unlike the usual static HTML web pages, PHP and ASP websites are more dynamic and can allow users to interact and exchange information using the website's databases.

Vishal Chadha, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  15. JohnnyCash11

JohnnyCash11 Peon

Best Answers:
    PHP development is a pretty good tool, but it has its drawbacks. It has features that are sensitive case that some programmers find it to be very annoying. PHP was not designed to be object oriented. Features for object-orientated programming were added later which can cause some problems.

Even with these drawbacks PHP is faster and more efficient than ASP.NET when in the hands of an expert PHP programmer. Security within the two are almost equal. Price is another thing to consider when comparing PHP and ASP.NET. PHP is free. ASP.NET is not. You are investing money from the beginning when we chose to use ASP.NET and will continue to add technology.

JohnnyCash11, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  16. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both are not very difficult to learn I would say. PHP is relatively easy and is currently leading the web market worldwide. ASP on .NET framework is very useful especially for sites running on Windows Platform. It has a very bright future as well.

traxport121, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  17. robzdc

robzdc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you focus on money, learn ruby or python instead...

robzdc, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  18. 1998

1998 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    +1

There is many many PHP developers on the market, so wages are lower.

1998, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  19. danibee

danibee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have started my programming life with ASP. After 2 months I have moved to PHP, my work required this. I can say that PHP is the most popular, it has much more potential and 90% from websites are made in php. (90% is not an official statistic). I suggest to learn PHP. I am working with php for 9 years.

danibee, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  20. annaharris

annaharris Active Member

Best Answers:
    i would like to say that both the languages are good to learn. But PHP is an open source and very easy to learn compare to ASP.NET. So it's depends on you that in which language you want to make your career.

annaharris, Apr 10, 2013 IP