1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Posting Criteria?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jamesaspey, Feb 13, 2013.

Whats happened to the forums? I have been posting jobs on the contest section of this site for years and feel I have contributed to this site, yet I can no longer post because I have insufficient criteria to post?.. confused is an understatement.

jamesaspey, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  2. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need 3 likes to post on the forum so that's why you cannot post there.
    These are the new rules on Digital Point.

wonay, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Don't let the 3 like requirement bother you, it's really not that hard to get. I have received 3 likes for just one single post twice. One member got 6 likes in just one hour for one post. Just post something that resonates with other members and you will be on your way.
    The DP record from what I understand is a whopping 84 likes for *one post*! How did he do it? Well he posted valuable links for everyone to use.
    Good luck to you.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  4. jamesaspey

jamesaspey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont see why i should have to get 3 likes though? Im not an everyday type of poster, I do read the forums alot but dont post alot Obviously being a member for 6 years doesnt matter lol.

5. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Six years with no likes. You see this is what it's all about. We *want* to now encourage you to make posts and contribute. I'm looking forward to seeing what you now have to offer the site. The site does not gain by members who only come here to serve themselves.

6. jamesaspey

jamesaspey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I fully understand where you are coming from, but I have provided work for quite alot of freelancers on this site, it would be fair to say that as i have been doing this for so long that a new change in rules should impact new members and not old ones. I will happily contribute as well as read , but at the same time I wont be creating new threads for the sake of it like some do.

wonay likes this.
  7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    No need to take the time to create a thread. Just make a comment or two that helps someone and the likes will come your way, and you will be established. It's the new reality here and it's really no use to waste time banging ones head on the like wall.
    P.S. you just got a like....didn't I say it was easy?:)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  8. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by 3 likes? How to get 3 likes?

Zirkon Kalti, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  9. jamesaspey

jamesaspey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Im going to have to get my design done elsewhere, its ashame as i used to utilise this site alot!, id understand for people making money from it, but im not doing any such thing.

jamesaspey, Feb 14, 2013 IP