1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Couple Of Quick Questions.....

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by I_M, Feb 12, 2013.

I'm asking the question on behalf of a friend who has a luxury villa agency. We were wondering how to get the site up the rankings when it rarely changes - there's no need to add content or change it much.

He gets some results from adwords but no actual seo is undertaken. Should he try for links or add content anyway? I wasn't sure hence the question. Any help appreciated.

Secondly, for the same sites, is it possible to track the number of people who view a vimeo video on the site? I think there's a tortuous way to do it if you use youtube but I don't know for vimeo.

Thanks in advance for the help and apologies if either question is in the wrong forum.

Cheers

I_M, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  2. quadxnet

quadxnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Even there is no need to change the content I would still recommend adding a blag to the site. Just install Wordpress at www.WhateverTheSiteIs.com/blog and you can have the blog linking over to relevant portions of the main site.

You can constantly update the blog, add videos, can get customer comments etc and this will drive the traffic to the site and should be able to rank much easier than a small static site.

quadxnet, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  3. I_M

I_M Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Cheers, that's pretty much what I thought.

I_M, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  4. seo4me

seo4me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, quadxnet answered your 1st question. For second question, Yes definitely there is away to track users who are watching Vimeo videos on your site. This comes under custom event tracking.
    If you are using paid tools like WT or Sitecatalyst they have their own way of doing it. If you are using Google Analytics, Try putting custom events on you site.
    This will be handy for you : https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/eventTrackerGuide

seo4me, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  5. I_M

I_M Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great, exactly what I need, thanks very much.

I_M, Feb 13, 2013 IP