1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Outsourced employee monitoring software?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by cozmogeek, Jul 7, 2007.

I am searching for some monitoring software that I can have installed on my outsourced employees machines. They volunteered to have it put on there to verify the hours they're billing me for so I don't feel bad doing it.

I was wondering if anybody has any recommendations for good programs that'll work over the internet.

Features I'd like are 1) tracking web sites visted and time spent, 2) Screen captures every x period of time, 3) tracking what programs are running.

cozmogeek, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  2. Important

Important Peon

Best Answers:
    Whatever you do remember, 8 hours translates to 6.5 hours of work unless you're paying a real high hourly rate. ;)

I am searching for the same thing though. So, I can join the club.

Important, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  3. cozmogeek

cozmogeek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Right, I'm mostly trying to make sure they're actually working the days they say plus the work they're doing is for me and not other people.

cozmogeek, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  4. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Depending on what type of work you're sourcing out, maybe you may want to try outsourcing based on RESULTS. We don't bill per hour, we bill per word.

webmasterlabor.com, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  5. aliasgarbabat

aliasgarbabat Peon

Best Answers:
    For tracking websites you can use Websense Internet access management system in order to monitor, report and manage internal Internet use. For tracking programs and screen captures you can use Keylogger, ActivTrak, etc. They provide both Technology and Support required for employee monitoring. Alternatively, you can even deploy on premise RHUB remote support and employee monitoring appliance such as RHUB appliances in order to remotely monitor your outsourced employee’s computers.

aliasgarbabat, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  6. sameerbhide

sameerbhide Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Such software are generally used in major organizations where security is needed and it is need to keep watch on the employees.

sameerbhide, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  7. DennEvans

DennEvans Peon

Best Answers:
    What I usually recommend from my experience is a simple software called My Team Monitor. It is easy to use and it is free. What it does is take keep track of the employee's actions by taking screenshots and recording the number of keystrokes and mouse clicks they make. You can find it on www dot myteammonitor dot com.

DennEvans, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  8. sieghart

sieghart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Cozmogeek,
    If you’re looking for an employee monitoring software for your remote team, I recommend you to check out Time Doctor. It tracks accurately employees’ activities in real time and gives you analytics of employees work day. That means it gives you exactly (even websites and applications that actively being used and for how long) where employees spend their time and how much of the time was productive or unproductive. It also captures screen shot and good thing about this tool it does not invade employees privacy.

sieghart, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  9. sean466

sean466 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    HI,
    Just got and read your post. Have you ever try System Monitoring Software that provide all system activity along with the reporting system.
    try this...http://activity-logger.com/features.html
    I sure you will satisfy... :)

sean466, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  10. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My Team Monitor is a good recommendation - I like the look of that, DennEvans.

The usual recommendation I see is is Rescue Time - but testing out that and Time Doctor over the past month, I prefer Time Doctor.

When I do some more outsourcing, though, I will consider My Team Monitor too. What that has that Time Doctor doesn't is counting keystrokes: could be useful.

Malc

malcsimm, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  11. phweb

phweb Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend Clockspot just for time..

phweb, Mar 1, 2013 IP