1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Crosslinking Penalty Same Ip?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jlaurier, Feb 13, 2013.

Hi, after looking into webmaster tools, i discovered that 3 of my websites suffered of a drop in traffic on the very same day (the 15th of november 2012). Those 4 websites were hosted on the same IP.
    I looked at penguin and panda updates i did not find anything.
    I looked into incoming links. One of the 3 websites did not receive any new incoming links.
    The only thing i noticed was those 4 websites had reciprocal links between each other. Some reciprocal links were site-wide links. However, the connections between them were logical
    Capture d’écran 2013-02-13 à 09.58.12.png Capture d’écran 2013-02-13 à 09.59.18.png Capture d’écran 2013-02-13 à 09.58.51.png

I checked all my incoming links, i did not find any banned domains with no pagerank or no google results.

Did someone face this kind of situation?

For me, it is the proof of a cross-linking penalty. Furthermore, you can see on the webmaster tools graph that nothing special happened in the days following the drop.

jlaurier, Feb 13, 2013 IP