1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Increase Traffic For Travel Website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by shaamblaze, Feb 10, 2013.

Hi Guys,

I have started to work for travel website which is totally tour booking website how i can increase traffic for it.Do i need to concentrate on Onpage or Offpage please do suggest me an best idea to go further for my promotions

Thanks

shaamblaze, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  2. finweek

finweek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SEO optimization of Travel website is usually same as the one on other type of websites. Usually the travel branch is quite aggressive and many companies are paying much for high ranking and high traffic, so this is the hardest and most terrible niche for SEO.
    However, the onpage optimization is the same like other websites - meta tags, title, content based on specific keywords (should not be mentioned more than 3-5 times in 300 words text), onpage linking.
    Also the SEO optimization is more based to social networks, then search engines. If you rank highly on social networks, definitely will gain power in google too. Never use blackhat technique if you want to have healthy site for long time.

finweek, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  3. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am agreed with this. therefore, first of all go with on page optimization and then for off page..

afoley77, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  4. MistaOptimiza

MistaOptimiza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are lots of blogs on travel websites which are great to increase your backlink portfolio and also generate natural visits to your site.

MistaOptimiza, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  5. John325

John325 Member

Best Answers:
    I have optimized many travel websites before. So I have lots of experience on how to optimize a travel website for getting better rank. Here I would like to share these processes:

i: Select proper keywords
    ii: Do proper on page optimization
    iii: if require create some landing pages by targeting your main keywords
    iv:Listed your website to travel directories.
    v: Write some blog content related to your services and share it.
    vi: Social engagement can be very effective for you.
    vii: Listed your website on Google Map. So that travelers can find out your service easily.
    viii: Link building can help your business.

Thanks!

John325, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  6. sabrina

sabrina Active Member

Best Answers:
    While doing Off page techniques choose websites that links to travel websites so that you can get high quality backlinks,and notice it whould be high pr....

sabrina, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  7. finweek

Best Answers:
    That is OK, but last months the penguin and panda can be quite sensitive to text links, so I preffer getting banner ads.

finweek, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  8. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I suggest you to start posting in travel forums,it will help you in establishing brand about your company.

Do one more thing,start posting your travel package information in online classified sites.

It will be really helpful.

eric_wahlberg, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  9. johnsam6

johnsam6 Member

Best Answers:
    You should start proper work on this site. Firstly check on page factor including Title tag, meta tags, Alt tag, Html validity errors. Optimized each page. After the on page choose some keyword,s and start off page tasks. You should start each off page activity including all kind of submissions that will helps to enhance the links visibility on search engines and the other thing to get traffic on you website that are social signals. Social sites are plays an important role to get traffic on your website. You should use facebook, twitter, google plus, pinterst and more social site to get relevant traffic on your site.

johnsam6, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  10. shaamblaze

shaamblaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your tips finweek sure will try out for my website

shaamblaze, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  11. sabrina

sabrina Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yup that is also right... What is the result????

sabrina, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  12. nikhil sniga

nikhil sniga Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think, Travel seo is the one of the hardest and toughest seo. If you want to increase traffic try social signals and keep updating with latest news like travel discounts, packages, etc. on social sites like FB, Twitter, etc. where you can get direct buyers. I hope it can be useful for you. :D

nikhil sniga, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  13. finweek

Best Answers:
    Till now all my tests are that banner ads are quite more useful than standard text link ads, by the following reasons:
    1. Carry traffic
    2. Change for penguin and panda penalty decreases with more than 80%. One of my websites grew to 1st page in google in 1 month after creation only with a few directories submission, facebook profile creation and banner ads from 4-5 top quality websites in the niche. In the second month the website started making average 500 uv daily, while the top days was more than 2000 uv.

finweek, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  14. heliumc

heliumc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have to suggest you if possible then do Paid marketing and like PPC, CPC, It will help you. By this work also get traffic which is helpful for your site.

heliumc, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  15. scholarsjunction

scholarsjunction Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to make a profile on travel related websites and forums. Suggest people for a good tourist places and mention your services there that you also provide these services and in affordable prices.

scholarsjunction, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  16. Thomas Sheridan.

Thomas Sheridan. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you should first go for the Off page SEO and also give a try to Social media i.e. Youtube, Twitter & FB. It works great.

Thomas Sheridan., Feb 12, 2013 IP
  17. John325

John325 Member

Best Answers:
    I am agree with you but after penguin and panda updates off page seo has lost it's some value. So its time to change the tactics, better onpage optimization and content marketing can be the effective process for upcoming days.

John325, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  18. EricDoc

EricDoc Peon

Best Answers:
    write some unique content and make as many backlink as possible slowly

EricDoc, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  19. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    as such competitive in travel line, SEO cannot take as main source to generate traffic anymore . You need to work on SEO but not fully on SEO because high competitive and you need to survive in the short time.

Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Buy Travel Blog space ads , email marketing, social media , youtube , exchange links with other related sites, partner with other transportation , hotel , tourism attraction place and allow them to post your ads or link in their sites and try to get win win situations.

JerrickYeoh, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  20. PioneerGlobal

PioneerGlobal Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Friend, first do on page after that find below sites, and try on this I hope you will receive good traffic from this sites. this is traveling sites.
    couchsurfing.org/
    dopplr.com/
    exploroo.com/
    sharetrip.com/
    wolpy.com/

PioneerGlobal, Feb 14, 2013 IP