1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Commission Junction Inquiry On Promotional Methods

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by omarelhard, Feb 11, 2013.

what's this and
    Commission Junction is currently investigating your account and has the following inquiries regarding your promotional methods:

Please describe how you drive traffic. Why does so much of the commissioned activity run through the same computer(s) that you use?
    Please reply to this inquiry within 5 days of the mailing date.
    what should i respone to them with? thanks for the help

omarelhard, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  2. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are the only person who knows that you bought items/services by clicking your own affiliate links. This is not allowed by almost all advertisers. If you really did such a thing, the case might be bit complex.

dumindushalika, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  3. omarelhard

omarelhard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    mais le premiers mois j'ai recu 75 dollars mais il reste dan solde actuel et cette moi j'ai completter 100 dollars mais je suis surpris par ce message moi je connecte dés un cyber et je laisse des publicité de lead dans la page d'accieul de navigateur c pour ca qu'il ya des lead de meme ordinateur

omarelhard, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  4. links123

links123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi omarelhard,
    Which language you are writing in? Is it Spanish?

links123, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  5. tpatra

tpatra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
  6. omarelhard

omarelhard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    cj:Commission Junction is currently investigating your account and has the following inquiries
    regarding your promotional methods:

Please describe how you drive traffic. Why does so much of the commissioned activity run through the same computer(s) that you use?

Me: I logged in from an internet cafe and I let the browsers home page my Ads . and i use marketing e-mails

cj: If commissioned activity is going to run through the same computer(s) that you use, that is something in need of formal disclosure as a special traffic situation. We will send a separate email with instructions on how to set that up.

Recently you requested assistance from Commission Junction. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 72 hours.

help me what that meaning?????????
    what's the perfect answers??????

omarelhard, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  7. omarelhard

omarelhard Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Commission Junction Notice to Disclose Account as Incentive/Special Program

Review of your Publisher account and its traffic indicates your use of promotional method(s) that Commission Junction deems special, requiring a special indication and description in your Publisher Account as detailed in the Publisher Service Agreement you agreed to follow.

Commissioned activity running through the same computer(s) that you use ... the how and the why ...

As you should be aware, an accurate incentive/special program description is required to operate in the Commission Junction network. Therefore, you must immediately update your account settings.

For instructions on how to update these account settings, see the following topic:
    Disclosure of Promotional Methods

If your account is already flagged as an Incentive/Special and an updated description is required, please immediately update this inquiry and include as much detail as possible regarding your program.
    If software is involved, include information regarding distribution, branding, un-installation, and end user signup to services provided by this software. If you are using third party services and/or publishing links on third party sites (sites that you do not own or operate), provide a list of service providers and sites associated with such providers. Once this information is received Network Quality will update your account.

After the above-requested information is updated, all of your program's advertiser affiliations will be set to "pending" and must first be re-approved by individual advertiser(s) in order for tracking and transactions to resume.

You are directed to respond within 48 hours of the date of this notice. Failure to respond shall be deemed an admission of liability and acceptance of this letter as 15 days notice of termination, and may result in Commission Junction exercising its right to terminate the Commission Junction Publisher Service Agreement upon 15 days from the date of this written notice or sooner.

Please note that current or pending payout(s) may be placed on hold pending notification from you and Commission Junction's confirmation of your full compliance.

what should i respone to them with? thanks for the help!!

8. omarelhard

omarelhard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i havn't a time i have only 48 plzz forgiveme what's i dont inderstanding this message

9. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What does this mean? First you must have a proper communication. Who can understand this English and you should be able understand the English too.
    Also you didn't provide detailed information with evidences if you have (screen shots etc.) in that conversation.

I am asking this again, have you bought items/services by clicking your own affiliate links? (You can't cheat CJ because they are tracking IP address of each and every sale)

dumindushalika, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  10. hampsterman1980

hampsterman1980 Peon

Best Answers:
    well just tell them how you drive traffic, or do you have something to hide?

hampsterman1980, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  11. omarelhard

omarelhard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Commission Junction Notice to Disclose Account as Incentive/Special Program

Review of your Publisher account and its traffic indicates your use of promotional method(s) that Commission Junction deems special, requiring a special indication and description in your Publisher Account as detailed in the Publisher Service Agreement you agreed to follow.

Commissioned activity running through the same computer(s) that you use ... the how and the why ...

As you should be aware, an accurate incentive/special program description is required to operate in the Commission Junction network. Therefore, you must immediately update your account settings.

For instructions on how to update these account settings, see the following topic:

If your account is already flagged as an Incentive/Special and an updated description is required, please immediately update this inquiry and include as much detail as possible regarding your program.
    If software is involved, include information regarding distribution, branding, un-installation, and end user signup to services provided by this software. If you are using third party services and/or publishing links on third party sites (sites that you do not own or operate), provide a list of service providers and sites associated with such providers. Once this information is received Network Quality will update your account.

After the above-requested information is updated, all of your program's advertiser affiliations will be set to "pending" and must first be re-approved by individual advertiser(s) in order for tracking and transactions to resume.

You are directed to respond within 48 hours of the date of this notice. Failure to respond shall be deemed an admission of liability and acceptance of this letter as 15 days notice of termination, and may result in Commission Junction exercising its right to terminate the Commission Junction Publisher Service Agreement upon 15 days from the date of this written notice or sooner.

Please note that current or pending payout(s) may be placed on hold pending notification from you and Commission Junction's confirmation of your full compliance.

12. steve4seo

steve4seo Active Member

Best Answers:
    It clearly says that most of the traffic to your products are coming from the IP which is used to create your CJ account. maybe they're treating this as self promotion. Describe them your promotional methods and how you're getting actions from same computer. this might solve your problem.

steve4seo, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  13. steve4seo

steve4seo Active Member

Best Answers:
    hmm... there might be the problem with that internet cafe. most of these internet cafes don't use different ip's for each computer. the internet connection will be shared with all the systems in that cafe and when you changed the homepage as your promotional page, when anyone opens new browser, your advertiser will receive a click (that means from the same ip) and continuing this will be treated as fraud click (looks like you're clicking on your advertiser's link by your own) change the method that you're using and concentrate on other promotional activities. once you have good traffic from other sources too, then you can continue with your old technique but I would suggest you not to use this practice or else you're account will be deactivated.

steve4seo, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  14. omarelhard

omarelhard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    cj: Review of your Publisher account and its traffic indicates your use of promotional method(s) that Commission Junction deems special, requiring a special indication and description in your Publisher Account as detailed in the Publisher Service Agreement you agreed to follow.

Please note that current or pending payout(s) may be placed on hold pending notification from you and Commission Junction's confirmation
    me:i use promote by website and marketing email .and this is my methods

_it was a advertisers (software) that paid for each Customer chooses to sign up for a free account, registers, gets confirmation email, clicks confirmation link in email which opens the confirmation page in a browser and creates the free account.
    I have a cybercafe.Consequently,i have many clients each day.
    what i did was put the link text of this advertiser in my website. and when a customers opens a new window of Internet my website it opens automatically(because i adjusted that in all computur of my cybercafe), Consequently. many clients see the same ads in same computer and also me maybe i use this computer sometimes( beacause this computer it's in my cybercafe).

cj:Then you need to formally disclose that as a special traffic situation using the instructions we sent earlier in this email thread.

omarelhard, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  15. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

1. They say they are finding purchases made by you on your account.
    2. They are assuming that rather than just purchasing for yourself, that you are actually running some sort of incentive program. An example would be where you offer someone cash back for buying an item through you.
    3. They are saying that if you are running an "incentive program" that you need to disclose that and the details of that program to them.
    4. They are saying if you do not they *may* terminate your account.

EDIT: Okay, so now that this thread had been merged with your others I see that you say you are running a cyber cafe and you set each of the computers to show your ads. That is the exact type of thing they are asking you to tell them when they say, "an accurate incentive/special program description is required to operate in the Commission Junction network. Therefore, you must immediately update your account settings."

So, it looks like you should "update your account settings" to show that you are promoting CJ merchants in your unique way. You should probably give them as much information as you can. Such as the IP(s) that the cyber cafe uses and the length of time you have been doing this. I am not sure if they gave you an email address to communicate with but this is clearly saying to update your account settings. If all purchases have come from your customers and not from you, you should say that so it is clear to them.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
    browntwn, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  16. omarelhard

omarelhard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you i
    you understinding me (y)
    can you give me your opinion what i should do .
    what you gonna do if you are in my place

17. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You need to answer the questions and update your account. To be honest, I have not logged into my own CJ account in over a year, so I am not even sure where to enter this information. I do all my affiliate sales through Prosperent now. If for some reason you lose your account with CJ, this might be a nice alternative for you. I still have my CJ account and I prefer to work with Prosperent.

You obviously want to make it clear to them there is no fraud or self purchasing happening and that the appearance of people all using the same computer is a result of the default pages on your computers at the cyber cafe. You might want to have a screen shot ready to show them and offer to provide as much further information as they require.

browntwn, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  18. omarelhard

omarelhard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I want to know if I update my information. is that the payment that I will be paid or no.give me a help what I'll write in description of my special program

19. Support by ES

Support by ES Peon

Best Answers:
    Im not sure if your problem is solve, but i Honestly use Hostgator as one of my affiliate and i setup my customers accounts from my own pc hope thats dont make complains.

any ways lets clarify a couple of things:

1.- if you buy the items from your same computer is ok.... YES is OK only if you buy items as for example SKYPE you pay a monthly suscription of x amount and earn from that 60% is fine becuase ur fully paying the product.
    2.- if you make a lead like a suscribe you in a page just to earn money because they pay per lead well there is a little issue (biggest honestly) because you are doing something just to earn the money and your NOT really interest in their services.

I will recommend to you to disclosure with me a little bit more info only if the problem is not solve yet

Support by ES, Mar 15, 2013 IP