1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whites To Become Minority In Usa In 30 Years

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by mob, Feb 11, 2013.

The Census Bureau forecasts that the U.S. will become a minority-majority population for the first time in 2043, according to its first set of new population projections based on the most recent 2010 U.S. Census,

This means that non-Hispanic whites will, for the first time, comprise less than 50% of the population.

At that point, there will not be a racial majority in the United States.

The Census Bureau attributes changes to projected fertility levels and international migration.

Additionally from the Bureau's report:

All in all, minorities, now 37 percent of the U.S. population, are projected to comprise 57 percent of the population in 2060. (Minorities consist of all but the single-race, non-Hispanic white population.) The total minority population would more than double, from 116.2 million to 241.3 million over the period.

The non-Hispanic white population will peak in 2024, with 199.6 million. That is 1.8 million people higher than today. From 2024 onward, the population of non-Hispanic whites is expected to slowly decrease.

Some other remarks from the report:

The population will hit 420.3 million in 2060. It currently stands at around 314 million.
    In 2056 the population over the age of 65 is expected to outnumber the population younger than 18 for the first time.
    The Asian population is expected to more than double from 15.9 million in 2012 to 34.4 million in 2060, comprising 8.2 percent of the population.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cens...minority-in-the-united-states-by-2043-2012-12

Shoot outs would become everyday affair when Blacks, Muslims, Illegal Mexicans, Pakistanis will try to dominate White Neighborhoods.

mob, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Terrific! I'm looking forward to filing a discrimination/equal opportunity employment lawsuit when I get rejected for a job at Univision or BET. You think I will be able to get Gloria Alred to represent me?

Obamanation, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  3. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This really surprises me, not because whites will be a minority, but because I thought it would happen a bit sooner. There is nothing wrong with minorities becoming the majority. It isn't your race that determines your values, morals, etc. I am just worried how minorities typically vote. I imagine our country will continue down the liberal path as they gain more support because of the increasing minority population. That might be good for some people, but realistically that means the entire country is going to end up like a big Chicago or California.

r3dt@rget, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @mob....So tell me do you people still wear white sheets and burn crosses, or is that passe?

Spoiltdiva, Feb 11, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  5. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Breed, white people, breed!!

Or probably the conservatives will change their tunes to suite new racial balance.. Politicians are like chameleon, they change their color to survive.

The Webmaster, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  6. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    In a two party system, like ours, the other party will always form new coalitions to gain power. You are also conflating the word conservative with the word Republican. Republicans will change their policies/strategies to try and attract more voters without alienating their base.

When you talk about conservatives, you are talking about independents, Republicans, and Democrats. Most of the Asian population that moves to the US, including and perhaps especially Indians, are already VERY conservative. Our discussion on legalization of drug use is testament enough to that fact, where you hold much more traditionally conservative views than I do. Asians also tend to eschew government handouts, which is a much more conservative and Republican position. My Asian friends are also huge gun owners, bragging large collections of guns including military assault rifles, making my collection look rather anemic.

The issue of race and party affiliation is a strange and changing one. Obama has been very successful at branding conservatives and Republicans as a bunch of minority hating racists when the reality is, we have as many minorities in leadership positions as the Democrats. Hell, Bush's cabinet makes Obama's cabinet look like an all male Klan meeting.

Obamanation, Feb 12, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  7. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:

Wrong. This is not the first time 'whites' stand to be the minority. It happened once before in the 16th century. You know, when Europeans 'discovered America' and raped, killed and pillaged everything in it that refused to assimilate to the "White Man's Ways".

And isn't it funny how the descendants of those same Europeans are the ones who bemoan the current immigration situation the loudest?

Senobia, Feb 12, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  8. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Where did this idiotic gem come from? Your personal thoughts about the situation?

browntwn, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  9. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:

It says the first time the United States (as a country) will become minority-majority, so that would be correct. I don't see how the current immigration issue is related to the situation in the 16th century. Back then, Europeans conquered the natives and established colonies. Now we live in an established country, who's actual citizen's will create the minority-majority situation.

r3dt@rget, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  10. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I do. If the Native folks would have had immigration laws, things might not have gone down the way they did, right?

The Native folks had already established colonies, they were the 'actual citizens' and they had their own form of government.

What has people in an uproar is they're afraid 'the others' are going to rape, pillage and kill in order to take that which they raped, pillaged and killed for.

Senobia, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  11. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I'm trying to figure out your position on this issue. Is it that the white folk who are about to become a minority should take a lesson from the Native Americans and prevent such an event at all costs for fear of rape and genocide? Or is it that white people deserve rape and genocide based on the conquests of the 15th century?

Personally, what anyone in the 15th century did is of no more concern to me than what someone did in 1940. Those people are dead and I had no part of their actions. One of the few groups actively advocating for justice from the actions of half a century ago are the Palestinians, as if somehow stripping Israelis of their houses, their freedom of religion, and liberal laws that protect womens rights will set everything right. Just look at how well that has worked out.

Obamanation, Feb 12, 2013 IP
    Rebecca and browntwn like this.
  12. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:

You are confusing immigration issues with war/conquest. The indians didn't have a choice. They were invaded. They were fought in wars over territory and lost. Even if they had immigration laws that wouldn't have stopped europeans from invading and taking their land.

The situation today is that minorities (not necessarily immigrants) are going to outnumber whites, which has never happened in the United States (The US wasnt around in the 16th century). So what we are talking about is our own population and how it's changing, not outside forces invading our land (what you are talking about).

r3dt@rget, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  13. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And some very staunch anti-immigration reform people will lead you to believe the same - that the US is being 'invaded' by these 'foreigners' and that's the reason that the white people stand to become the minority.

Another point made by the anti-immigration reform folks - US immigration laws haven't stopped the current 'invasion'. (Their words, not mine.)

If not for 'outside forces', then where did all the minorities come from that are about to 'take over'?

It's all the same, man. It's just a matter of perspective.

Senobia, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  14. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My position is considering how the 'white people' acquired this country, it's a bit ironic that they whine and complain when it looks like the tables may be turned on them. My position is that their arguments have nothing to do with the 'breakdown' of their ethnic group and everything to do with a perceived loss of power if/when that does come to pass, merely because there will be less of them.

Senobia, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  15. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't irony require it be the same specific "white" people, or was your comment just a racist generalization? For instance, if a white guy got mugged by a black guy, and then later on some other black guy got mugged by some other white guy, would you call it ironic simply based on the race of the attacker and the victim?

Again, isn't this argument either a nod, or an outright cheer of the idea of the acts committed against Native Americans being committed against modern day white people who live in America?

Whose arguments? What breakdown of an ethnic group? The only person I hear making racist arguments is you. The OP was simply citing some statistics.

To your comments on the "Anti-Immigration" straw man, who is it that created our immigration laws, and why do you think they exist? Your comments would lead me to believe you think it was some racist in power at some point, and the laws were created to uphold a "white" majority. Please, set me straight, because if those are really your views, they constitute the most idiotic thinking I've read in a long long time.

Obamanation, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  16. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In your mind - maybe. Within the context of anything I've expressed here - no.

Racist implies the feeling that one race is superior to another. Kindly point out where I've even hinted at that in anything that I've said.

Further, you have no indication, other than my picture here, what my ethnic background is so accusing me of racism would be rather ignorant on your part, being that you'd have no true way of knowing who I would be 'for' or 'against'.

What I actually referred to were the "Anti-Immigration REFORM folks" - you know, the ones that bitch and moan about 'Send 'em back", but offer no real feasible suggestion to resolving the issue. Do not attempt to twist my words and use them against me, when they are clearly in black and white on this page.

That's not what *I* think. I do think, however, that the aforementioned anti-immigration REFORM people have evolved to this mindset, yes.

Senobia, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  17. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I won't speak for those really hard headed "anti-immigration" people because they are few and far between. Most people are "anti-illegal immigration", meaning they want to enforce current deportation laws, seal up the border, and keep illegal immigrants out of the country. Illegal immigration is way different than legal immigration.

r3dt@rget, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  18. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Sure it is. Your comments could be accurately rephrased as follows: "A white guy got mugged by a black guy, so any black man who ever happens to be mugged by a white guy has no room to complain. It is simply irony at work". Rather comedic considering the OP wasn't even talking about oppression or invasion, only demography. The OP states that white people will one day be a minority in this country and you chime in, "Take that... serves you right white people, for everything somebody did in the year 1746". It is both idiotic and racist. What it is not is Ironic.

First, racist does not need to imply superiority in any way. Racism implies dealing with people in any way based solely on the color of their skin. You could give out free donuts to every Asian and no other race, and that would be racist.

Armed with your new found understanding of what constitutes racism, I hope you can see where your desire that white people be punished in some way based on misdeeds of white people some time in the past is as racist as it gets.

What difference does your skin color make? If a black guy says "I hate all black people", do you think that makes the comment any less racist? Your comments would be racist regardless of your skin color or ethnicity.

You are changing the topic (again). We started with demographics (the OP), you chimed in with anti-white racism, then pivoted to immigration as if to say being in favor of our immigration laws is a racist construct held up by the racist "anti-immigration" people to prevent the tide of demographic change. Your comment demonstrated complete ignorance of the reasons for our immigration laws and I pointed that out.

Now you are walking your comments back, toning them down to something more basic, like, "opposition to immigration reform being silly without offering a feasible suggestion to fixing a problem". Of course I left out your B.S. stereotype with the name "Anti-Immigration REFORM folks", which is a complete misnomer, and your false representation of the views of those opposed to open borders.

Let me bring you back on topic. Why does the US have immigration laws? Is it racism, meant to keep the scary Brown people out for fear of white people becoming a minority? Is any person who supports our immigration laws a racist? If a person who is a racist supports the immigration laws, does that make the laws racist?

Not sure what value there is in asking a racist (you) about racism. You are clueless.

As based on what evidence? When I call you a racist, I simply need to quote your posts. I'm guessing that your opinion here is based on something the president told you?

Obamanation, Feb 13, 2013 IP
    Rebecca and r3dt@rget like this.
  19. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "Rephrase" all you like. What I originally said, stands and I stand by what I originally said. THE END.

If you want to argue the true definition of "Racism", plead your case to Merriam-Webster.

rac·ism

noun \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-\
    Definition of RACISM

: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    : racial prejudice or discrimination
    — rac·ist noun or adjective

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

Racist, racist, racist! Is that all you've got, really? I'll humor you for the sake of ending this belligerent tirade, in which you're making a complete and total ass of yourself, by conceding. I am Racist. Hear me roar. *eyeroll, /end sarcasm* Feel better now, lil man?

You might want to re-read my comments. But kindly remove your head from your sphincter before doing so this time.

What I said, stands and I stand by what I said. Your inability to comprehend my words in the context in which they were meant has no bearing on the validity (or lack thereof) of my statements.

Yes. I might be, but at very least I know the proper definition of 'racism'.

Guess all you want, good buddy. The floor is yours. You're simply unarmed for a battle of wits and I've no more time to invest in feeding your troll-like appetite. Kindly refrain from directing any more comments to me, as they will go unanswered. You're resorting to personal attacks and, being the grown woman that I am, I shall not partake.

Senobia, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  20. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:

I said "Anti-Immigration REFORM" folks...you people keep getting that twisted.

Senobia, Feb 13, 2013 IP