1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Am I Crazy?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by phweb, Feb 10, 2013.

I had this grand idea of a little network of "Complaints Blogs" that made some sort of passive income. I'm starting to think it has been a waste of time. Maybe I don't know how to monetize correctly. Ideas? Are they work anything as a group? as individual sites? They are currently at 500, 700, 1000 uniques per month from search/bookmarks. Not many backlinks to mention.

The sites are: complainaboutmycar.com complainaboutmyfastfood.com and complainaboutmyshipper.com

Your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
    phweb, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  2. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have 300 websites and i am so regretting it

TheSyndicate, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  3. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should have made one called complain about DP the way everyone is complaining here...haha

But for your sites, I see you're using amazon, maybe you're just using the wrong amazon links? People complaining about their cars might want to buy a new car? Or get financing for a new car. Try different ads..

superrichguy, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  4. phweb

phweb Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice. I never played around with different ads because it takes so long to measure the results. I'll give it a go.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
    phweb, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  5. sandao

sandao Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your sites look like humor blogs, it's always hard to monetize that kind of traffic.

sandao, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  6. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are many of those already registered, http://www.google.com/search?q=digitalpoint+sucks&oq=digitalpoint+sucks&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The true fact is that "passive income" is often interpreted as building an Adsense farm and doing such thing does not long work.

I would better park those domains and forward them to an affiliate that produces money or to a landing page that has proven to sell. Otherwise, just to drive more traffic to you main, steady website while those domains expire since I don't think there is to much future for them.

Mystique, Feb 11, 2013 IP