1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can You Give Me An Advice Please ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by andreysc7, Jan 27, 2013.

Hi , I would like to know if its normal to earn around 20$/month with my website or I can earn more. The website is tutorial-z.com and everything started as a hobby ( I had a lot of free time) and now I am wondering if I can increase the revenue. I have PR 3 and around 50.000 pageviews/month

I am using adsense and I am also selling memberships for the premium tutorials. Every article/tutorial is unique, and 90% of them were made by me.

In a good month I can earn up to 70$ (very rare) and this is why I would like to know how can I improve this ?

I also want to mention that for the moment I cannot afford to spend huge amount of money and this is why I am looking for some advices :).

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
    andreysc7, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  2. rprost

rprost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can certainly make more money, you are going to want to work on things like improving the placement of your ads and in writing content that gets more focused ads, the ones that I saw were not particularly relevant to the content of your site. it is also a good idea to go with text ads only as they seem to convert much better.

rprost, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  3. andreysc7

andreysc7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you know how much does it cost to pay someone to configure it ? :-/

andreysc7, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  4. yorgi64

yorgi64 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should experiment with adsense placement. Place ad block into the main content section for a couple of days and check how CTR \ earnings will change.

Here's basic visitors eye movement on the page:

[​IMG]

Your ad is now placed in the sidebar, so the visitor don't even see it, because he looks at main content, scrolls down and you add is out of sight.

Put 300x250 ad block into the main content, change 728x90 bottom banner to adsense text links(this will look like navigation element and will produce better ctr)

Also use A/B testing with different color schemesto find one with better ctr.

yorgi64, Feb 11, 2013 IP
    drBO, brusUA and Forester like this.
  5. smellyfinger

smellyfinger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You can also make some money by link sales. Post a thread in BST section and you may find some people, who would like to buy ad space on your website. If you play your cards right, then you can easily make a few hundred dollars pm from them.

For further promotion, do some article and vid reviews. They will bring targeted traffic to your site. Dir submission would also help.

All the best!

smellyfinger, Feb 12, 2013 IP