1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Learning Seo Or Purchasing Seo Services

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by GekiDan, Feb 6, 2013.

I have been purchasing SEO services via SEOClerks and everything is going well on my sites. I even got increase in rankings after the SEO campaign I have purchased. Some of the people I have hired even taught me how to do SEO on my own (of course, this doesn't involve trade secrets), and I have learned something new from its forums from time to time. But it seems I need to learn more about SEO.

What are your views on learning SEO on your own, and when someone teaches you, or about purchasing SEO services?

GekiDan, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  2. abyse

abyse Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why to pay for seo services, when you can just do it yourself... ? My advice is to learn SEO techniques & save your money for other stuff :)

abyse, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  3. GekiDan

GekiDan Active Member

Best Answers:
    The sad thing is, I only know some of the basics. And purchase services on things I can't handle myself.

GekiDan, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  4. reaz.theprince

reaz.theprince Active Member

Best Answers:
    first time all of people are newbie. just learn and try. without doing you can't success.

reaz.theprince, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  5. rafferz55

rafferz55 Member

Best Answers:
    You should try us - when it comes to building websites, SEO and getting traffic, we have the knowledge: dailydesigns4u.com

rafferz55, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  6. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm more for learning SEO on your own, or having someone teach you SEO, then pay someone to do the SEO work for you. If you absolutely know nothing at SEO at this time, and you want your site to rank, then outsource SEO to get the site ranking. But, learn SEO on the side because it really helps to have at least a background on it.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  7. venumssi

venumssi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's better to learn seo by self interest instead of local institutes. Now i have get knowledge in Seo through online only. No any super guide.
    Some of the SEO tips are at www.seodeveloper.in/seo

venumssi, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  8. links123

links123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should go for a good SEO company. SEO is not so simple as it looks, it requires knowledge and experience. I think you should hire a company that gives quality SEO services. They will show you how there services are improving the online presence of your website. Do not think much on money part, in today's competitive world where every business is having its own website, don't lag behind. Your money will surely be repaid, SEO is a long term investment and you will have more benefits that what you pay for it. You should go for it.

links123, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  9. ralphanderson

ralphanderson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if you are getting good results by paying then you should carry on with this. Because professionals they their job better.. mean-while you can learn seo and try to work on your site.

ralphanderson, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  10. MarleneL.Haines

MarleneL.Haines Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Don't pay for seo services, when you can do it by yourself. My advice is to learn SEO techniques & save your money for other stuff

MarleneL.Haines, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  11. GekiDan

GekiDan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you suggest us a good site to learn stuff?

GekiDan, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  12. HammerHead

HammerHead Member

Best Answers:
    You can just read the forum posts here and learn little by little. There are many different ways you can do SEO. In fact you will probably do it completely differently than somebody else on this forum. Just follow the threads and basically develop your own techniques, or ways of doing SEO.

HammerHead, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  13. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It's difficult to outsource the task if you don't understand how to do it well.

dcristo, Feb 9, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  14. dice kid

dice kid Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use SEOClerks to purchase all of my small seo services like facebook likes, re-pins, retweets etc; It seriously saves time for the few $ it costs. I tend to stay away from the link packages though but SC is still a very useful website.

dice kid, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  15. StevenF50

StevenF50 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Same here @Dice Kid I've bought thousands of retweets in total. Really helps with traffic. Would certainly recommend.

StevenF50, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  16. anmolmakkar5

anmolmakkar5 Member

Best Answers:
    I think Paid SEO is never a good option, better learn SEO techniques, they're quite easy and these days SEO is nothing, but only your concept and content. This is only going to help you in long run.

anmolmakkar5, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  17. GekiDan

GekiDan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do how the basics, but advanced SEO is still confusing.

I do purchase Facebook promotional post, kinda like a pinned ad and some tweets.

GekiDan, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  18. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    One of the problems with SEO is there are so many myths. Overall, I don't think "advanced SEO" is confusing, just understanding what is true and what is a giant, steaming pile of horse shit. One simple approach is on a Black Hat forum you will learn methods that might rank you fast, but also get you penalised quickly. It's called "rinse and repeat" - so you need to be ready to ditch your site, move on to a new one. You'll also encounter a lot of hate for Google on there (and many of the well-known SEO companies/individuals who use "White Hat" methods). If you're spending time in such forums (or for that matter even DigitalPoint or other forums) you need to take a lot of what is written with a pinch of salt, do your own investigations and be objective.

For example, just because the majority hate Matt Cutts and claim he's a liar doesn't mean it's true - if you actually read/watch his videos and then compare it to third party facts, you'll understand he gives a lot of good advice. He's the head of webspam, hence subject of a lot of hate by spammers.

Another example - Rand Fishkin - again, the same as he speaks out against spam a lot, so there is plenty of hatred towards him and SEOmoz. Their MozBar is a very valuable SEO tool and there are a lot of useful blog posts for sites big or small (often the cost involved is just time, which some people just don't want to give when they can fire off automated spam).

Then there are the myths to deal with, such as some morons still believe meta keywords tags work (not for a long time with Google and Bing just uses it as a potential spam indicator). Or keyword density, word count, or that build links manually isn't black hat (spam is still spam, manual or automated).

Even if you're outsourcing, you really need to get your head around SEO. Draw up a long-term plan, not just rely on short-term techniques. (Just like you would for an offline business - x years business plan and keep renewing it.) Keep control of what is going on and make sure the plan is followed. Understand what someone is going to be doing (they still might lie to you, but get reports and keep any eye on your links through Google Webmaster Tools).

ryan_uk, Feb 15, 2013 IP
    Emma Pollard likes this.
  19. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you make more money than you pay for the SEO services doing something else, then it doesn`t worth learning SEO. If not, you should learn :)

webcosmo, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  20. Speedy_J

Speedy_J Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good post, pretty much sums it, I just couldn't figure out how to "like it" so quoting it seemed like a good idea.

Cheers

Speedy_J, Feb 15, 2013 IP