1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pr0 To Pr3

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by a-jani, Feb 8, 2013.

I,m creating a new website and i will do the SEO of my website. I will do it myself because i want to learn how to do SEO too, otherwise i can hire someone to do this task. A friend told me if you want your website page rank goes up from 0 to 3 then you have to do this.
    1- At-least 500 High PR forum backlinks
    2- Articles Submissions on directories
    3- Post at-least 50 unique articles on my web
    4- Social media marketing
    5- At-least 20 PR8 and PR9 backlinks
    6- And high PR blog commenting and guest posting

Is this all work will be enough to get PR3 in next Google update. If i,m missing something please tell me.

a-jani, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  2. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no publicly-known formula. Anyone who tells you "You need to do this" is either relating conclusions from their own experience, repeating something they saw online or lying (unless they're Matt Cutts or someone, then you should listen).

In the most recent update, one of my sites went from PR3 to PR5 with only 4 articles on the site and no marketing at all (and not even any serious SEO - they were just really good articles). Several others went from PR0 to PR3 with NO articles on the site (they're galleries).

As best I can tell, the most successful "formula" for improving page rank is simply to pay attention to keywords, do your normal (regular) marketing, produce interesting content and then wait for the Magic PR Fairy to make up its own mind!

TIEro, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  3. CindyFahnestockSchafer

CindyFahnestockSchafer Member

Best Answers:
    If someone had the secret formula I think they would bottle it and sell it on Ebay or similar places. I think it boils down to writing good content and getting an audience to help you spread the link love.

CindyFahnestockSchafer, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  4. VisionzZolution

VisionzZolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why are you being so concerned about your PR dude! Focus on conversion from your blog/website! Make great sales with your marketing skills and that's what going to make you successful! Don't waste time keep increasing your PR and no conversion at all!

VisionzZolution, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  5. HammerHead

HammerHead Member

Best Answers:
    Well, all the things you have listed above can really contribute to the SEO of your site. But you should not be focusing on PR, you should focus on building traffic to your site. Obviously SEO will build traffic for you, but if you visit forums and post on blogs you will establish a stronger relationship with owners of other websites and create backlinks easily. The list that you have up there is really time consumable. I would suggest you start creating relationships on forums and sites related to your niche instead of just focusing on getting your site from PR0 to PR3

HammerHead, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  6. Alex jones

Alex jones Member

Best Answers:
    The steps you have explained can take you to PR 5 and beyond as per my experience.

Alex jones, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  7. stormbrain

stormbrain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good strategy you explained. Using these all types of SEO technqiues. You will definitely get PR 3 rank on Google update.
    Another thing, these all strategies you explainned are Off-page optmization. Do not forget on-page optimizaiton of your site.

stormbrain, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  8. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    kingofking, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  9. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:

I believe you can get atleast a PR5 with all the above being done.Just telling this out of my experience.

kingofking, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  10. Sysbase

Sysbase Member

Best Answers:
    There is no set formula for exactly getting a PR 3. General Rule shoot to get links PR 3 and above and get as many as you can without push your link velocity way to high for a new site. I'd shoot for quality over quantity.

Sysbase, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  11. preetsoftech

preetsoftech Peon

Best Answers:
    Friend i think you should not worry about PR , because if you will work properly as u mention then you will surely get the benefit, so you should have patient for this , do not need to do wrong task to get PR earlier.

preetsoftech, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  12. yorgi64

yorgi64 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can give you "PR formula" :) Not exactly the formula, but my own experience. At this update PR of my domains went from 0 to 3-5. All domains were 1-2 months old. 1 month old domains got PR3-4. 2 months old domains got PR4 and a lot of inner pages got PR5, one inner page is PR6 (domain is PR4). 1 domain got PR5, but its age is 3 months. All domains have 10-20 pages if unique quality content.

So, all i did to get that PR - i built dofollow links to my sites (including inner pages). 15-20 dofollow links to each page from PR3+ pages. All links were surrounded with relevant text.

Another experience - PR5 just from 1 link. High authority site with do-follow link in profile. I built internal links on that site to my profile (commenting, following, discussion). Next update profile was PR6, my site was PR5.

But PR doesn't affect your rankings, your conversion and your income (unless you earn money from selling links or domains:)). So, as it was mentioned by other members, focus on traffic and conversion. PR will not increase sales on your site.

yorgi64, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  13. a-jani

a-jani Banned

Best Answers:
    Actually i don,t have any marketing skills. Someone told me that if you want to sell a product, then you need traffic on your blog and for traffic you have to do seo.

a-jani, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  14. a-jani

a-jani Banned

Best Answers:
    Hmmm i really enjoyed reading your article. Can you please share the links with me that you mentioned in you experience of PR5.

a-jani, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  15. a-jani

a-jani Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanx for the motivation.

a-jani, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  16. a-jani

a-jani Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanx for the reply and i will keep your advise in mind.

a-jani, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  17. a-jani

a-jani Banned

Best Answers:
    Great tips. I will really follow these too.

a-jani, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  18. a-jani

a-jani Banned

Best Answers:
    I never thought about keywords. yes this could be a good formula for marketing. Thanx for your reply.

a-jani, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  19. a-jani

a-jani Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanx for your advice.

a-jani, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  20. aahnagupta85

aahnagupta85 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well i Agree with all, there is no readymade formula to achieve PR-3 or more but there are factors through which you can increase your PR. As PR is depends on High Quality Content, Directory Submission, Link Exchange, Regular Updation, Guest Commenting, Social Bookmarking, Internal Linking, Deep linking submission, Keyword optimization and more. Now second thing is you have to create a strategie for measuring your progress to achieve the desired PR. Also post in natural way, Dont Spam.

aahnagupta85, Feb 11, 2013 IP