1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help settings up squeeze page, email capture form, and auto responder for free ebook

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by beatstockpromoters, Nov 19, 2012.

Hi I currently have a landing page (sales letter with payment button at the bottom) at my domain.com and I have been trying to perform SEO on this page to bring traffic (with little luck). I recently just finished designing a squeeze page for my website to help build an email list. First I am wondering do people usually set the squeeze page at yourdomain.com and then the landing page at for example yourdomain.com/1 or how does this work in general?

Also I am planning to provide a free ebook in exchange for join my email list on my squeeze page. I setup a email form using coffeecup form builder and then edited to my liking in dreamweaver before uploading to my hosting server. I then opened an account with Mailchimp and I am in the process of connecting my email form to my mailchimp through an API but have not been able to get mailchimp to capture emails yet.

What I am wondering is what is the best way to deliver the ebook and at the same time make sure the prospective customer is transferred to my landing page? I know people sometimes transfer the perspective customer to a thank you page where they have a download link and an email to tell the person to check their mail. The problem with this is the perspective customer may just download the ebook without confirming their email. Also if do this how do I make sure the person gets to my sales letter page. I really need the person to get to my sales page because my squeeze page provides very little information about the product (but does have an extremely attractive design with a captivating heading and sub heading.)

I thought about setting the email form to forward to my sales page after submission and then send a confirmation email to join my list and then a second follow up email with a link to download my ebook. Would this work better? If so does anyone know if I can do this with mail chimps free service or do I need to pay to use their auto responder to get the follow up email sent out?

Sorry for all the questions but I have been looking around for this info and haven't been able to find it. Thanks

beatstockpromoters, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  2. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd personally stay away from a thank you page as nothing is stopping that user giving the link to their friends. If you decide to use a landing page, make sure you don't allow search engines to index it by using a robots.txt file.

As for how to do it, I'd stay away from APIs and certainly stay away from Dreamweaver as it produces horrible code. Do it yourself!

LANDING PAGE
    information
    subscribe form
    payment

Have it all in one page. The subscribe form would simply be input fields for the user to enter their name and email address in order for them to receive the free ebook. I would then store this in a database and have a cron job check it every hour (depending on how popular it is) and email that list with the ebook attached to the email. This way the ebook is not publicly/freely available on your website.

scottlpool2003, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  3. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    "I thought about setting the email form to forward to my sales page after submission and then send a confirmation email to join my list and then a second follow up email with a link to download my ebook. Would this work better? If so does anyone know if I can do this with mail chimps free service or do I need to pay to use their auto responder to get the follow up email sent out?"

Yes this is the best way in my opinion. I wouldn't go with a free service such as mailchimp, but directly buy into aweber, so that you'll be even more motivated to make it work quickly.

JamesColin, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  4. beatstockpromoters

beatstockpromoters Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi thanks for the offer but I ended up making my own and figured everything else out. My e-book has been selling great.

beatstockpromoters, Feb 9, 2013 IP