1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Just An Opinion... No Discussion Necessary

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Kinda Intellectual, Feb 8, 2013.

I know this discussion has come to it's end, and my intention isn't to encourage any kind of change but to give feedback, as that is what this forum is for...

If you already looked at my stats then you know that I'm not really in favor of the whole "established" member idea. Before I even start I'm going to say that this is just personal opinion and how the new rule affects me.

I'm not much of a person to post on forums, every now and then I'll ask for help or other's opinion but I've never felt I had much to contribute as I'm still learning. My main function on DP has been buying and selling, it's that simple. I signed up in 2008 but before I even signed up I was merely a lurker for what felt like the better part of a year, even when I signed up it was for one thing, the Marketplace.

Now don't misinterpret what I'm saying, I don't feel entitled to special posting privileges because of "time served" I was merely giving a background. But my point is, I signed up to this forum for a reason and now, while I wouldn't call it useless because the site still has so much more it can offer me, I've still lost a valuable resource...

All in all, it is what it is. And things have changed so I should either change with them or move on, but I like DP and I'm going to make an effort to be a contributing member of this community so i can go on conducting business as usual.

Glad there's a place I can rant/vent and call it feedback ;)

Kinda Intellectual, Feb 8, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That confused feeling your experiencing has a name, it's called self pity. *Probably* won't help you to get any likes.....just sayin'.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  3. Kinda Intellectual

Kinda Intellectual Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ...wtf are you talking about? First of all the title says "No Discussion Necessary" that was my polite way of saying, no replies! Second of all the only time I've been confused in this thread is now as I'm replying to your post.

You added nothing to this discussion, all you've done is increase your post count by 1, for what reason I don't care to know...

4. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    No discussion? .....wrong! The like system stops spammers, how can they get 3 likes? Very difficult if not impossible. Admin. felt it had to do something, they did. Instead of wallowing in a cesspool of self pity get your 3 likes......problem solved.
    P.S. try not posting crap.

5. Kinda Intellectual

Best Answers:
    My exact thoughts for you Sir. You do know what self-pity is, right? It's when someone doesn't have the mental capacity to cope with adversity, I on the other hand am having no issue coping with what's going on. Nor did I say that the there was anything logically wrong with the new system.

This is what I said, I'll even do bullets for you because it's obvious that normal sentence structures are not only hard for you to put together but also hard for you to comprehend.

1. I used to only use DP for the Marketplace
    2. The new system is not my favorite, but it's changed, and as will I.
    3. Now I'm going to attempt to find my place, where I can contribute, on this forum.

Why you decided to take this way out of proportion is beyond me, it seems like you just wanted to pick an argument in defense for the new system. News flash: DP doesn't need a cheerleader or some half a*s superhero swooping in to speak up for them. As I stated in my first post, "It is what it is".

I'm over it, I think it's about time you moved on as well as opposed to replying to EVERY discussion that rants/vents/questions the new system. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and anyone who's spent 2 secs in the Feedback and Suggestions forum knows exactly what your's is.

Colleen likes this.
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That would make much more sense if the post actually said something about trying to get likes or even wanting them.

Your post probably won't help you win the lottery (see? irrelevant... lol)

digitalpoint, Feb 8, 2013 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I can clearly understand why you did not want any discussions. Anyone who does not understand your position and disagrees with you is wrong by default. I am *SICK* of the whiners on here, it's been almost 3 weeks....enough already! We have heard it all over and over again. You have said nothing new.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  8. Kinda Intellectual

Best Answers:

I swear that you pull these replies straight from your a*s. It wasn't your opinion on the system that made you wrong, because I completely agree. It was your half-a*s, obviously irrelevant response to what I said. You added no value to the discussion, nor did you even express your own opinion in a somewhat educated and grammatically correct manner.

You truly used this thread as a way to get pissy with someone because you want a little attention. Here's a suggestion why don't you make your own thread about the whiners, the criers, and the spammers, but instead of just being a jerk give them tips, pointers, and if all else fails refer them to some other forum so DP doesn't have to deal with them. But attacking me isn't going to help you get over all the others.

9. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

It's understandably annoying, but an annoyance that can be short lived. Clearly you're an intelligent individual. If you go into a section of the forum where you can give advice (for example, business, marketing, if you have expertise there), it won't take you long to make some useful and well-worded posts (if your writing in this thread is anything to go by).

Once you've done it, the pain will be over and annoyance forgotten. :D Good luck!

(I know you didn't want feedback, but I wanted to give you some words of encouragement.)

ryan_uk, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I just couldn't see the point of your thread. You are telling us the obvious here. *Of course* it has impacted you. How many times do we need to hear this from members? I simply cannot fanthom why you bothered? Was it merely to vent? To what end, what were you hoping to accomplish?

11. Austech

Austech Member

Best Answers:
    So he admits he came here for the marketplace only, but has decided to make an effort to be a contributer and still gets ridden in to the ground for his feedback.

What can I say, I like him.

Austech, Feb 8, 2013 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  12. Kinda Intellectual

Best Answers:
    Thanks for being a jerk, instead of simply asking although I think if you were to actually READ my first post it would have saved you a lot of typing. And maybe a little embarrassment...

As many times as users decide to post in the feedback section. When the admin changes the purpose of this section we'll all get the memo, and apparently your dreams will come true, no more whining.

I said it in my FIRST post, all you had to do was not come in reading it with a chip on your shoulder. To be honest I've been questioning if you read my first post since you posted a reply to it...

13. Kinda Intellectual

Best Answers:
    Lol thank you for reading my post!
    P.S. he's a her lol

14. Kinda Intellectual

Best Answers:

Thank you ryan_uk, definitely the best post and an obvious ray of sunshine to the dark thread some have decided it should be. And it wasn't that I was opposed to feedback, but it's the potential for flaming and arguments that I wanted to avoid

15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Your words have moved me. I think you may be right. Therefore it is incumbant apon me to apologize to the OP and I do.
    I believe it may be time for me to take a break from DP. A couple of weeks at least.:)P.S. make that only on Suggestions & Feedback forum. I believe I'll leave this forum for good. I'll hang around the rest of the site.

16. Kinda Intellectual

Best Answers:
    Warning Off-Topic:

You know Spoiltdiva, and I don't want you to feel like I'm attacking, but it's people like you who just come off as jerks and douches that keep people from actually contributing. You take a simple thread, posted in feedback nonetheless and you just attack for NO reason. And now that some are letting you know that you are/were wrong you put your tail between your legs and coward behind sarcasm.

It's pathetic and uncalled for. I was reading a post of the admin's in a different thread and he said (paraphrasing of course) that he'd rather have 100 quality posters than 100,000 junk posters. And now I see why, out of your 2500+ post I'm going to assume that most of them are flaming and putting down others opinions as opposed to actually adding value to this site... But again it's only an assumption

intro likes this.
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    No dear your assumption is wrong. One doesn't get close to 50 likes in less than 3 weeks if one adds no value to a site.
    And no sarcasm was intended.

18. Kinda Intellectual

Best Answers:
    While may assumption may not be entirely correct, a like isn't given because you added site value it's because a human being with emotions and thoughts enjoyed your post.

For example I liked ryan_uk's post above and when given the opportunity I will give it a like as well as other post, but as of yet no one has that doesn't mean it doesn't add value to the site nor does my future like imply that it does. A like is a matter of opinion but then again so is added site value, so "C'est la vie"

19. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Be careful using the French hon, I received a warning for doing just that last week. But thanks for speaking to me in my 1st language......."Yes that's life".:)