1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Move A Tabkle Higher Within A Cell

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by dinrock, Feb 8, 2013.

See my landing page I am working on, and in my TinyMCE table editor, that black empty box appear at very top inside the cell next to that image but when I preview, it's at very bottom like in the link here. What should I do in HTML to make it move to very top so that black box is even with the top of the image? Thank you.

dinrock, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  2. ArchAxis

ArchAxis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm if you're still using tables and you're running Windows you should download Microsoft's Sharepoint Designer. This will allow you to modify your tables using WYSIWIG and it will make things a lot easier. Download it here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21581

Once you've installed it you can then copy and paste the HTML you have and modify it using SharePoint designer. Once you fix the tables copy and paste your table into WordPress.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    ArchAxis, Feb 8, 2013 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  3. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    apprec
    iate this, but then downloading more and installing more additional stuff will just complicate my mission. I'm basically trying to layout simple tables with TinyMCE and for the life of me I cannot understand why an existing table cannot be moved UPWARDS within an existing cell. Basically I got Tiny MCE for ease of use. To add another software to use in conjunction with laying out basic tables isn't for me. Thanks =though. I did try and get help at the TinyMCE forum but not a single person there responded, nor has anyone at WordPress.org so it looks as though I may just abandon this effort. I did appreciate your input tho....

dinrock, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  4. ArchAxis

ArchAxis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @dinrock the reason why no one is helping you is because you're still using tables for design. Everyone has long since transitioned to CSS. I remember when I first made the switch from tables to CSS and while it was painful CSS is one thousand times better than tables.

I know you want something easy (and who doesn't) but learning how to use CSS will make things easier and give you a skill worth learning. Here's an article on making the transition from tables to CSS http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/table_to_css_pt1.html

ArchAxis, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  5. Bartek Przymus

Bartek Przymus Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with ArchAxis CSS is the way to go I was like you believe me, just wanted simple editors and move things visually, i ended up more frustrated, I will definitely recommend you learning html+css i believe Elizabeth Castro book about HTML for world wide web is best starter, after a month i was able to theme my own website heh i even created some pages for friends!

Bartek Przymus, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  6. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bartek:
    Now I understand you. I fully appreciate this input from ArchAxis and what you mean. It took me almost a year to build my current web site (in sig) from scratch....studying that editor (FrontPage2002...UGH!) and then learn how to tweak HTML as I went along. Then as my site grew and propogated online, I then realized it was actually LOSING in the long run....based on being built with a Windows product (which also never updated to the growing web standards) and never actually being condusive to HTML5 and those inevitable Penguin updates and all the rest. I fully understand that. As it stands, I grew to learn how well the WordPress platform lends itself for what I am planning now.
    If I were to begin a "crash course" on cascading style sheets, I'm not certain how much further that would delay my planned mission - hell, with my lizard brain, it could take a year (LOL!).
    So my best work-around was implementing the plugin like TinyMCE. Now to hear how this may impeded my mission has me shattered. Is there some was my existing WP page could be "changed" into straight CSS using another tool? It seems as though there is always something that deters me from my mission. I don't build websites per se, nor do I consider myself a web designer since my main discipline is image creation and illustration work (see my sig) and I do appreciate what you're indicating here though, that helps me to understand. If you have some critique....feel free, go ahead, I think I can handle it. I do intend to proceed...even with my WordPress For Dummies book!

dinrock, Feb 10, 2013 IP