1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you get ranked for a keyword?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Frostx, Mar 2, 2010.

I think it's basically just about keyword density..... is that all?

Frostx, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  2. arivin90

arivin90 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's very difficult for me, if huge competitor same niche.
    Thanks

arivin90, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  3. Frostx

Frostx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah it's difficult, but I'm willing to put the time in.

Frostx, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  4. Malika.Sharma

Malika.Sharma Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keyword focused content with appropriate keyword density will do 50% of your job. For rest of the work you will have to do back linking. :)
    I have been doing both of them and have seen good results so far ( no wonders it took me a few months to learn the tactics )

Malika.Sharma, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  5. John2010

John2010 Guest

Best Answers:
    On-page optimization means maintaining your keyword density at 2-4% out of all content, setting up the appropriate page titles and meta tags ( not that important these days).
    Having your main keyword in the domain name is a very good idea to boost your rankings as well

John2010, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  6. Mark Fortune

Mark Fortune Peon

Best Answers:
    I think <title> is very important and you should definitely have 2-4% of your content in that word and at least 50% of your keyword or phrase is in your url. Link building is a must and using the keyword in a proper way, not just stuffing it in on your page. You have to make the content real. It's not easy, but I would pick five good words and write articles somewhere with those words with links to your site.

Mark Fortune, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  7. joesmith

joesmith Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes obviously keyword density is the basic thing and your main keyword want to be in the title to get focussed. And it is an advantage to have your keyword in the domain name.

joesmith, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  8. ppcadvertising

ppcadvertising Peon

Best Answers:
    Its depends on your keyword, keyword density is off part, another part is your keyword competition should be less and keyword search volume should be high, and the second thing is your site Title and Content should related to your keyword and that should be very effective.

Definitely your keyword will get ranked.

ppcadvertising, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  9. jannethayden

jannethayden Peon

Best Answers:
    Your keyword should relate to your content and services and with high search volume low competition.

jannethayden, Mar 3, 2010 IP
  10. tata_capl

tata_capl Peon

Best Answers:
    So many onpage parameters play role for Ranking i.e. Keyword in Title, Description, Content (Be Careful Don't Just Put KW like a spammer), Keywords in Anchor tags. Refer this - On Page SEO Factor. Hope this will answer your question.

tata_capl, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  11. itsupportservice

itsupportservice Peon

Best Answers:
    optimize your keywords related your site content, related Page title and Des, On-page optimization means maintaining your keyword density at 3-9% out of all content but your content should be fresh and unique.

itsupportservice, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  12. frankflashpoint

frankflashpoint Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a great video that helped me big time understand and get great ranking let me look and find it and I will post it back to you today

frankflashpoint, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  13. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't forget using a proper SEO domain as well.

Also, I use f0rums as a way of gathering people to talk about some topic that is worth money $$ on adsense. If you pick high paying keywords then you're bound to get indexed after some time and the members inside each forum will also be asking and replying questions which helps to gather more genuine content without extra effort.

With the proper marketing this type of things can really help you live from revenue gathered on the Internet without need to get a boring work.

Nuno Brito, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  14. Djshazz

Djshazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Keywords get ranked on google and you can check the position of your website for a particular keyword through http://www.google69.com/

Djshazz, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  15. Sphor

Sphor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are many different factors that affect rankings. Back links, optimised content and descriptions all go towards it.

Sphor, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  16. Ajay Singh Rana

Ajay Singh Rana Member

Best Answers:
    Unique and keyword focus meta title, unique meta description, unique and keyword focus page content. Submissions in google directory. Social bookmarking of the page. article submissions for the keyword, blog commenting, forum posting, blog submissions is all you need

Ajay Singh Rana, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  17. scholarsjunction

scholarsjunction Member

Best Answers:
    By using that keyword in your anchor text, you can rank in search engines. Ranking totally depend on keywords competition and its searches if your keyword in less in competition and less search volume then your site will rank fast on search engines by that keyword but if your keywords is less in competition but have high search volume then that will also get time to rank. So choosing right keyword is the most important part behind ranking.

scholarsjunction, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  18. Naven

Naven Banned

Best Answers:
    Its about 20% Keyword density, 20% back links, 20% social engagement of the post (likes and tweets) and remaining 40% is content which is useful to readers with great examples, videos, images, internally link with related posts etc.

Naven, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  19. Maximlis

Maximlis Member

Best Answers:
    On page Search Engine Optimization is the process which involves Keyword Optimization, Site Analysis, Sitemap, Link Building process, site optimization process.

Maximlis, Feb 14, 2013 IP