1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Hard To Get Likes, Because..

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by niroshana35, Jan 24, 2013.

1. DJboutit2

DJboutit2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lot of members who have been here 2+ yrs do not have 3 likes do you want to run them off the new rule will do it

DJboutit2, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If they are low quality users that don't have the ability to (easily) get a like for posting something useful, sure... I'd rather have 100 high quality users vs. 1,000 low quality ones any day.

digitalpoint, Jan 28, 2013 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  3. DJboutit2

DJboutit2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So your saying someone who has been here 2+ yrs and with 750+ post is a low quality poster did you really just say that wow. I have been here 4 1/2 yr with 750 post have you read every signal one of my post I think not that comment is dumb sorry. Anybody that has 500+ post is a decent enough poster that they have not been banned. Crap posters most of the time would be banned way before they even made it to 1k post if the mods admins do there jobs here

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Uh no... you are hearing what you want to hear.

What I'm saying is the time someone has been a member and the number of posts they make has zero bearing what-so-ever if they are (or aren't) a user contributing something useful to the site.

5. DJboutit2

DJboutit2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like I said before you want members to post 50% to 75% more or buy a premium most of use do not have time to do this

6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, actually... I'd love it if users on average posted 90% LESS, but their posts were higher quality. Again... I'm more interested in the user that posted one really good/useful post than I am in the user that posts 1,000 posts of gibberish.

7. Zzang

Zzang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

If you don't care about it, then why don't you remove it? Is it because there's thousands of people that populate it and generate ad revenue?

Zzang, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  8. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Members were warned over two years ago
    Members were warned over two years ago itrader would be going away and told they needed to start building a good reputation using the instant pay option. At some point members' itrader history will be removed.

Smyrl, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  9. Zzang

Zzang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Woops, my bad. I read his post wrong. It looked as if he was saying he doesn't care about the Buy/Sell section and implying that he didn't care for the users inside of it. Seemed very contradictory.

I wasn't referring to the iTrader, I knew that was going a way a long time ago.

Zzang, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I believe he cares about the site as a whole. You seem to be concerned about a particular small section of the site and your own needs. Try looking at the big picture overall here.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  11. Zzang

Zzang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Your assumptions are incorrect. I do look at the big picture.

One huge problem that is generating all the bad content on the site is the need for likes (and before likes, it was a post count) in order to post in the marketplace. That creates a large amount of bad content for people just trying to get to the marketplace.

Whether it's posts, likes, or anything you put in place that's blocking someone from doing something... they are going to try and find their way around it. now you have all the people posting terrible "how to" content that is worse quality than most spam blogs, hoping they get likes.

Zzang, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  12. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I disagree, members attempting to earn likes quickly discouver that *quality* of posts will gain them the likes. If they post crap they won't get anywhere. The new like system encourages quality and from what I am seeing, it has been paying off in substantial dividends.

13. Zzang

Zzang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've seen no change in the quality of content. However I've been an entrepreneur for 6 years with quite a bit of success. So my opinion of quality isn't the same as a beginner.

Zzang, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  14. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    There are none so blind as those that won't see. You are seeing what you want to and not seeing what you don't want to. I believe your stagnant mindset is counter productive to success.

15. Zzang

Zzang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You know nothing about me or my success and your assumptions up to and including this are completely inaccurate.

If my "stagnant mindset" is counter productive to success then I must be one heck of a lucky guy for what I've been able to accomplish over the last six years. But hey! Not being open to someones rational counter-argument makes your mindset just as stagnant. I guess if your comments are accurate, you're just as blind.

I don't really care if the like system gets changed. I didn't care if the post system got changed when that was the rule. I don't care that iTrader went away. I have and always will adjust and continue being successful (contrary to my counter-productive stagnant mindset).

My simple point is the post quality suffers when you have people trying to game the system in order to do what they've set out to do. I also don't care if you agree with my opinion. Because that's what it is. Why on earth would you argue with Feedback? It defeats the nature and purpose of feedback. That's like arguing with someones taste in food.

I'm the member of a few masterminds and private communities. I happily share real-world business data & content with them, partly because I get it in return. I don't have to sift through post after post of low end quality, like "set up a facebook page to get more visitors" or "An incredible way to make $15/hr WITH PROOF!" Or maybe all the people abusing the new Marketplace rules anyways by posting their ads in normal forums [1,2,3 etc.] I've never cared to use the rest of the DP forums because of that reason.

If that's quality to you - then our standards are quite a bit different and I'm not interested in discussing this with you anymore.

I don't say that to try and stir up competition "my masterminds & private communities are better than you!" - what I am saying is that I do have quite a bit of quality to offer, and do so regularly. And if that's what you're truly looking for, maybe you should listen to the feedback of more people like me?

Either way it doesn't bother me if nothing changes. Just figured you'd like feedback...since this is a feedback forum and all. I'm blind though. What do I know?

-Edit- Links didn't post... I probably haven't reached a threshold in order to post links or something.

Wonderful Traffic Strategy "make a facebook page"
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/best-ways-to-get-more-visitors.2629751/

$15/hour with proof!!
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/proof-earn-15-hour-proof.2633450/

Market Abuse:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/content-writer-gambling.2632752/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/wts-cheapest-youtube-subscribe-views-facebook-likes-twitter-followers-and-many-other.2634053/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/for-sale-yanagisawa-model-b-991-professional-bari-sax-900usd.2634020/

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    Zzang, Feb 7, 2013 IP
    geegel likes this.
  16. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @Zzang, o.k. fine....now bugger off!

17. niroshana35

niroshana35 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I created this thread just after I saw new DP changes and I was little bit upset with new rules on that time because I couldn't create threads on some areas of the forum. I used to visit DP regularly and I wasn't a member on any other online forum for such a long time but DP.

After the changes I had 250+ posts and zero likes on my profile, I realized the importance of new established member rule and like system because they are for making DP a better and useful forum for everyone. I've changed my mind instead of complaining, debating I decided to start contributing something useful to others but i didn't know whether they are really going to be helpful for others or not but I tried to do my best in forum areas where I'm knowledgeable and it worked, it's not hard, it doesn't take a long time and anyone can do it.

To be honest I'm really happy about the like system, do you know why? because when I receive a new like, now I know that it really helped some one. I would like to see more likes on my profile which means I like to contribute more because it makes me happy and feels better.

I can see some members complain and say they are members on DP for 2years, 4years, 6years but have zero likes, there is a member who registered on DP recently after the changes and from his second thread he got 6 likes!, do you want to check it? it's here: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...nd-easily-unlock-your-privilages-now.2632213/ so this is a good example for everyone who's complaining.

I have created a new thread which every one here who's complain about like system should go and start from : https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/very-easy-to-get-dp-likes.2632105/

This new rules and changes everything is for making DP a better place for it's members so be positive, creative and start contributing then you'll get the likes in no time :).

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    niroshana35, Feb 7, 2013 IP
    Colleen and Spoiltdiva like this.
  18. fau00

fau00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    May I know what do you mean by a quality poster?
    Does it mean a person with many posts or a person with quality posts?

fau00, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  19. fau00

fau00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Asking users publicly or privately for "Likes" will get you Liked.............and will get you banned..
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/help/established

fau00, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  20. master1989

master1989 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yup, if you really care for the DP forum, I think the new Likes feature could help everyone to share only valuable content rather than low quality posts.
    Quality poster is the one who helps you through with the perfect answer. I hope everyone gets indulged into the forum and starts sharing valuable content, like one does from years.
    Just keep going and you will get the 'Likes', you need, and once you start receiving likes, dont forget to appreciate any other valuable posts ;)

master1989, Mar 31, 2013 IP