1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

After Panda Update Ranking Is Regular Going Down

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Georgtaylor, Jan 29, 2013.

1. MistaOptimiza

MistaOptimiza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My experience is that diversity is the key. There are so many reasons why a a page could drop and also many ways to bringt it to the top, of course some of these are more time consuming or expensive but they help you recover.

I hear lots of people always saying that high PR sites are the key. Not true. Here are several points for you to take into consideration:

First of all content relevance tops everything. It doesn't matter how many high PR sites you have, if they do not have anything to do with your site, they can (alot of times) be thrown away. Always think about it from the perspective of the user. Example: When I go to a fashion page, why would I click on a link that has to do with construction?

Second, if your page mainly consists of high PR links, wouldn't it look suspicious for search engines? In fact it would look VERY unnatural. The Page Rank distribution in the backlink structure of a website for natural linking usually shows an exponential decrease, where PR 0 should be the highest and PR 10 the lowest (in theory).

Third, a low PR doesn't mean the site doesn't have a high standard. There are sites with PR 0 out there which have high quality. If a site with a low PR shows some kind of relevance to your site, perfect, these are 100 times better than high PR with no content relevancy whatsoever.

Natural backlinks surrounded by content relevant text should also be taken into consideration as Google is (and already has) been moving more and more towards that direction. This means articles or backlinks surrounded by viable text is a must when throwing it into your offpage mix.

Building a correct backlink profile for your page takes lots of time or lots of money. Invest the time which is needed to build a natural backlink portfolio or pay link builders which have proven themselves. If you're looking for something which falls into both categories, cutting out both extremes (money and time) I'd suggest looking for a marketplace for backlinks (for example Teliad) where you can search for your backlinks by category and other parameters.

MistaOptimiza, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  2. MarleneL.Haines

MarleneL.Haines Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I also have same problem

MarleneL.Haines, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  3. pasbancity

pasbancity Banned

Best Answers:
    i also face this issue but i solve my site rank back on same position i only do quality relevant links from good sites try to make links latest update is best for EMD as many SEO say

pasbancity, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  4. sabrina

sabrina Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say that whatever happens just update always fresh content and also perform the off page techniques regularly and efficiently... It would be ok after few days..

sabrina, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  5. chrisdingle

chrisdingle Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Run your site through copyscape any content that seems duplicated or you feel maybe over using a keyword related to that landing page then re-write it or hire a freelancer to do it for you. Look at your linking profile any bad links with your keyword as anchor text speak to the webmaster to get removed. Sometimes you have to offer some money to prompt them but it will benefit you in the long run.

chrisdingle, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  6. jenettjohnson

jenettjohnson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is daily fluctuations of ranking, every one are really confused about the changes in the ranking.

jenettjohnson, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  7. chetanvh07

chetanvh07 Peon

Best Answers:

Thats good information for me thanks Alenzo Kepper

chetanvh07, Feb 7, 2013 IP