1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Should You Consider In Web Designing

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by jorgepson, Feb 5, 2013.

things need to be considered in web design.
    what must be done in designing

1. be small - means taking consideration the size of the images should be 10-12KB/image. If a website load slower than the usual, visitors of the certain page will eventually vanished and find another potntial sites which loads faster.

2. graphics should fit the content - having adorable image of a box but the content contains about paper and bottles, well if you have a web site about web design the site should have images that compliment design. These are photos or graphics that help make up the design of the page, and are not intended to illustrate the content.

3. never use images that blink, move or rotates. Studies show that flashing images created distruction to your audience which annoys them. this may result the visitors to leave the site.

4. Layout / standard layouts - my last company that i have worked with, the truly love frames. it really sucks! and actually frames are still ignored by search engines that's why you'll find it more difficult to let your content be crawled by SE's bots. Another site used a layout where you had to scroll to the right to read everything on the page (but you never had to scroll down). These layouts are cute, and you might find them fun to build, but they will drive your readers nuts. The reason that the 3-column layout is so popular on Web sites and newspapers is because it works. You might think it's boring, but you'll keep more readers if you stick with something simple that they can understand.

5. Whitespace - Whitespace is more than the CSS property, it is a function of your layout. You should be aware of the whitespace on your pages and how it affects how the content is viewed. Whitespace is just as important in a Web design layout as it is in a paper layout.

the other needs to work out for your web site are the following

Use your graphics as elements in your layouts.
    Fonts - Limit the number of fonts, Use standard fonts families
    Avoid too much advertisement

reminders: test your site in multiple browsers - cross browsers testing
    write content for your specific readers.

- http://www.7th-media.com

jorgepson, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  2. chetanvh07

chetanvh07 Peon

Best Answers:
    17 points you can’t ignore while choosing a web design company

Start up’s and SME’s people who is worried about selecting good website designing company to create and develop their new businesses/brand in online market can now take an easy breath and relax. Because here is the step by step solution for your problem to select a best web design agency that matches to your business need. Just go through the 17 points and you are done.

List your need: Make a list of all your requirements to develop your business in online. What is the need of website? For What purpose you want to create this website? What you expect from your website to do for your business?

Research & Evaluate the work: Become an internet savvy/web savvy and find out different web designing company details and evaluate to their online presence and creative work to short list best among them or select companies which are recommended/referred from pals who are web-savvy/internet savvy.

Portfolio and case studies: Review their best creative work and case studies related to your industry to understand capability, consistency, creativity, quality of work and experience. It is better to request a list of testimonials and recommendations list to find their reputation and customer satisfaction commitment. Speak to their clients and find out what they will say?

Explain your need: Select the best one from the above analysis you made and explain your need to them in detail either in face to face meeting or through online medium using any video calling options like skype, Google Talk (Gtalk), Google+ hangout, Google Voice, ooVoo, FaceTime, Viber, & Tinychat.

Process: Ask their details procedure in creating good website. The best designing company will listen to your needs and explain you what they will do for you? And how they will do the same?

Proposal: Ask for details proposal and compare the costs and features of each company with other. Try to get one stop solution for your business development.

Trust and relationships: Business is not about ‘Money’ it’s all about ‘Relationships’, how many ‘Relationships’ you are getting in period of time with different people in your industry. Make sure you get strong relationship with your web design company and build trust between each other
    Affordable: When you compare proposals you will get a question how to select the best one from these proposals? Don’t go for very high cost or very low cost one. Select the one which has provided best quality work, consistent and provide service at affordable prices that matches your budget.

Reputation: Check for their online reputation in consumer forums, discussion forums, ORM sites, complaint forums and also in different social media channels.

Versatility: The web design company should also have experience in providing different digital marketing services like SEO, SMM, PPC, Email marketing, copywriting, Social media and other digital branding services with equal expertise and competence.

Website types: Ask a simple question to find how many industries they have served and see the work. Ask them to list the number of websites types that they have designed. This will give you an idea to understand how much experienced they are?

Graphics in Design: Too many graphics in all their designs or all designs have same theme with some graphics? Find out design variations that they can do for you by analysing the different design themes they have in their portfolio. How they use visuals and images and graphics?
    TIP: Graphics should be used normally in 3 areas on website;
    1. Header graphics
    2. Product cover.
    3. Background graphics.

Business Analysis: To understand how your web design company has understood your need, ask them how they will analyse your business? What market research they will do? How they will leverage the collated information to strategically enhance your brand website?

Developing a Web Strategy: Remember, a good web design company is capable of creating website designs with a winning web strategy to help you score in your brand marketing campaigns. If the website design is synchronized with the marketing strategy at the inception itself, then the website design will add more value to your current and future marketing campaigns.

Reliability: Before taking final decision check for these four things; dedication, consistency, assurance, and experience of that web design company. Find out how many people will be working for your project dedicatedly? What are the quality commitments and assurance they provide? How much experienced, in terms of knowledge and work expertise people will involve in your project?

Involving in process: Another important thing you need to know is; are you involved in designing your brand website? You should get opinion/advice from the selected design company and also you should get feedback for your suggestions opinion, views, design theme, content and other details. This enables you to understand and develop your business further.

Technical Support: The most critical point you must take in to consideration is what type of support is offered after web site launch? Ask them to list out the services and support that they will offer for you after the completion of website design project.

I hope now you have an idea on how to select a web design company. Am I right?

chetanvh07, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  3. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

It's so annoying when users freely extract things from the web without quoting the source. Its plagiarism at its highest and amounts to nothing more than theft.

Would it hurt to extract a paragraph and cite your source? No.

Would it hurt to add your own opinions? No.

http://goarticles.com/article/17-Po...-While-Choosing-a-Web-Design-Company/7369558/

scottlpool2003, Feb 6, 2013 IP
    GMF likes this.
  4. wiicker95

wiicker95 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I half laugh and cry when I see a thread like this; even when the people asknonsensical questions in these forums I don't do it as much.

I mean seriously, what was your point here, op? To share your knowledge and/or opinions?
    Anyhow, you don't have any. You point out some obvious rules but you don't seem to care about all the worst problems websites face today, but then you post a website link (which is supposedly yours) that neglects all the points you've stated. But the worst part is that you actually fail to grasp the use of HTML in the first place.

Let's start from the top of your website, shall we?

<meta name="keywords" content="website design Makati, website development Makati, flash website design Makati, custom website design Makati" />
    HTML:
    First off, it's called META keywords. Not keyphrases, not keysentences, not keyparagraphs - keyWORDS!!! It should be 8 or 9 single words, or even less that. You're keywords are nothing but pointlessly redundant. This would be functionally identical :

<meta name="keywords" content="website,design,Makati,development,design,custom" />
    HTML:
    Then, we have a lot of divs and classes for nothing. Did you actually notice that you don't have a single class on your website? Ironically, you have a class named body. So actually in css one can see "body" and ".body". How crappy is that? Then, you have only one content image on your website. But guess what, it has a class!

And the most pitiful one is by far this one :

<div class="textwidget">
    <ul>
    <li class="fb"><a href="http://www.facebook.com/7thMedia" target="_blank">like us on facebook</a></li>
    <li class="tweet"><a href="https://twitter.com/7thMedia" target="_blank" >follow
    us on twitter</a></li>
    <li class="gplus"><a href="https://plus.google.com
    /b/117056833919927629740/" target="_blank" >join us on google+</a></li>
    <li class="rss"><a href="http://www.7th-media.com/feed/" target="_blank" >Subscribe</a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    HTML:
    Why did you slap a div around it? <ul> is a block-level element, so it doesn't need a div to be wrapped around it. And why the neck are these classes there if the output is exactly the same?

Headings? What's that? I mean wait, I have an h4 that's not h3's "underling", same for h3 and h2, but wait... Where did h1 go to? I guess that you'd learned to count from 2 when you were a kid, I can't seem to find other explanation.
    Think of it as a book : when you open it, you'll see the title of the very first pages, printed in huge bolded letters - it corresponds to <h1> in HTML. And believe me, you won't see it twice or multiple times in any book, one title is more than enough. Then, as you read it, you might stumble upon chapter titles - voilà the <h2>. Such a chapter might or might not have subsections, like I, II, III, IV etc (you get the idea). You might have guessed by now, <h3> ! And there's no point to go any further, in the book as same as in your markup.

These are my 2 cents for this thread, I don't have any left in my pocket...

wiicker95, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  5. chetanvh07

chetanvh07 Peon

Best Answers:

The source which you have given from goarticles.com is of mine only. the post in goarticles.com was posted by Girish sharma it is my official name i work for globalwebdesignseo company.

This is my author bio:-
    Girish Sharma is working at Globalwebdesignsseo as a Digital Marketing Executive. Globalwebdesignsseo is specialized to deliver high performance technology, internet properties and digital marketing solutions.

chetanvh07, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  6. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply. I apologize, but it is an ongoing issue here with people willy nilly copy and pasting and not adding their own input. It drags down what these forums are all about.

scottlpool2003, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  7. chetanvh07

chetanvh07 Peon

Best Answers:

Its ok scottlpool2003 no need to apologize. if you like my useful resource that's enough. :)

chetanvh07, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  8. jorgepson

jorgepson Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow, thanks for posting that article, however i find it too lengthy to ready. i guess even though you're the author of that article you still need to sum up your post since this is a forum (am i right wrong?). well anyways that post gives me some pointers in doing the web design for our clients.

jorgepson, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  9. chetanvh07

chetanvh07 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks jorgepson for replay. sure next time will posting my content ill place the source link so that it will be useful for all.

chetanvh07, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  10. rafterol

rafterol Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel generally that forum submissions should be crisp and short as possible. This is not a article site but a Forum which doesn't need lengthy answers.

rafterol, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  11. EdgarDegas

EdgarDegas Peon

Best Answers:
    Just be fluid and think of the overall website experience..........,

EdgarDegas, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  12. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Depending on a site, it is really important to have Contact Us and About Us pages. When visitors know who is behind the site and that they can get in touch with you, they instantly develop trust towards the site.

qwikad.com, Mar 11, 2013 IP