1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I Switch To Html5?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by xtmx, Feb 7, 2013.

My site, NonFlashGames.com, is currently XHTML. Should I switch to HTML5, or would it be a waste of time to do so?

Also, do you have any other suggestions for the site?

xtmx, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  2. yho_o

yho_o Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    your site needs some good design / content

about html5, generally html5 is the next generation of html

for your site switching to html5, is just upgrading your tags, pages codes

e.g, your doctype tag is

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
            "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    HTML:
    in html5 it will be just; <!doctype html>

also as in html5, for scripts tags, you do not have to use "type"

<script type="text/javascript">
    HTML:
    your site does not contain that much of codes to be recorded in html5 format

so just some small modifications and its good to go : )

yho_o, Feb 7, 2013 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I would say no, it offers ZERO legitimate improvements, and in most ways sets website coding practices back to the WORST of the late '90's... I could go on for HOURS about how idiotic this new 'alleged' specification is, and generally feel the need to backhand it's apologists. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with your current choice of doctype -- Personally I have ZERO plans to migrate past XHTML 1.0 Strict for the forseeable future BECAUSE HTML 5 is nothing more than bloated BS and idiotic redundancies that seems carefully crafted for the web developers who never pulled their heads out of 1997's arse, and until a couple years ago were vominting up HTML 3.2 and slapping 4 tranny on it.. now they just write the same presentational non-semantic code with endless wrappers for nothing and wrap HTML 5's lip-service doctype around it -- net improvement zero. See the link in my siggy for a more detailed explanation.

As to your site, some semantic markup, extra padding around the contents, getting rid of the crappy little stripe that's useless on desktop and too big for mobile would go a long ways. Some thumbnail previews for each game would probably help too.

deathshadow, Feb 8, 2013 IP
    Colleen likes this.