1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Goal: Get @barackobama To Tweet My Site.

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by SweetUSAJobs, Feb 5, 2013.

Hello DP members,

This is my first post here, and hopefully it's the start of something epic.
    I am gonna do a little experiment for my website and I'm gonna need some help along the way. I need to get the word about my site SweetUSAJobs.com.

There are over 12 million unemployed people in the US and small business is getting swallowed up by giant corporations. I want to help job seekers as well as small business owners by offering them both a service they need.

I have just started my twitter account @SweetUSAJobs earlier today and have a total of 11 followers at this moment.

My goal is simple:

Get @BarackObama to tweet SweetUSAJobs.com. And I want the tweet to come directly from him (with the -bo appended)

Is this possible?

who knows but I'm gonna try and maybe some of you with help spread the word along the way. If you members can tolerate it I would like to post my progress in this thread.

I will start my tweeting campaign tomorrow and give progress reports here along the way.

Wish me luck!!

Jeff Gray

SweetUSAJobs, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  2. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your site will have to be damn good just to get his attention. Good luck.

Devtard, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  3. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    nihangshah, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  4. Tom Thumb

Tom Thumb Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like an affiliate site ? Theres no content ? All jobs listings. Anyway good luck!

Tom Thumb, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  5. Pod2G

Pod2G Member

Best Answers:
    This is possible, If you have links in USA Military btw best of luck!

Pod2G, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  6. SweetUSAJobs

SweetUSAJobs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is just a plain and simple job site with using SimplyHired. The content is job postings and was meant to be just that.:)

SweetUSAJobs, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  7. SweetUSAJobs

SweetUSAJobs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Update: Day 1.
    24 followers
    Nothing from @BarackObama
    I have till 2016 to get this done.

8. SweetUSAJobs

SweetUSAJobs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Interesting......It comes up every time for me. anyone else getting a blank page?

9. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have AdBlock Plus 2.2.2 installed in Firefox 18.0.1

Page loads fine when AdBlock Plus is disabled, but shows blank page when enabled.

nihangshah, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  10. SweetUSAJobs

SweetUSAJobs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Let me just be more clear about my objective here.

This is more of a marketing experiment using twitter. What strategies can be used to get a reaction from Barry

I will not spend a cent to reach the goal, just word of mouth and creative ways to get some momentum going and hopefully a reaction from the busiest guy on the planet. I could have used any one of my sites but the site needed to be something he could acknowledge. Jobs should be one of his top priorities and thus might give me a better chance at achieving the goal.

I was hoping this thread would be an avenue to bounce ideas back and forth with you all on ways to make this happen. Maybe the things that work here can help others achieve their promotional goals with other ventures.

Suggestions are welcome at all stages.

11. SweetUSAJobs

SweetUSAJobs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Would you think it's the Google ad or the actual job postings causing the issue?

12. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    For one, not calling him Barry. lol

browntwn, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  13. SweetUSAJobs

SweetUSAJobs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Excellent point..

14. Ephrils

Ephrils Member

Best Answers:
    Ambitious!

Well, anything is possible.

I agree that your site has to be amazing to get him to tweet it. You also need to find ways to get his attention like any other Twitter celebrity out there. You have to cut through the noise of everyone else tweeting him all the time. His account is also sometimes posted to by other people, which can make it problematic to find his Twitter habits and when he is actually actively tweeting.

See who he Follows. Try to figure out why he Follows them.

See who and what he tweets about.

Do your research. This is certainly ambitious but not impossible.

Ephrils, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  15. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, so there are also ads (I block them in my browser so I didn't see them before)? Dude, if there is only automatically generated content with no added value and ads, nobody will tweet about it etc., because people will not find it useful. Why not monetize it after the site becomes more successful? Now, when your website has zero visitors, you won't earn much anyway.

I don't recommend spamming BO on Twitter in this early stage, you may just get blocked by his team.

Devtard, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  16. SweetUSAJobs

SweetUSAJobs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have a total of 2 ads. It's hard to find websites with less then 10+ these days. The ads merely cover the hosting cost. Everyone is so sensitive about ads, when we are being bombarded with them daily across every avenue possible. I got an ad at the start of and in the middle of a youtube video the other day. I think 1 visible ad is not at all bad.

I am promoting 2 things that many Americans want @BarackObama to address, small business and jobs.
    If I want to get the word out without spending a cent, a tweet from him would hit 26 million people. I agree that this is an uphill battle, but who cares. Going to the moon seemed impossible too. Hell, I can't believe I'm sitting here wirelessly online in the first place. Coming from the commodore 64 back in the 80's, I'm starting to think anythings possible. (You young cats won't have a clue what I just talked about but some of you will)

I understand what you are saying about getting blocked early. He could very well be blocking everyone and we all know it's not him tweeting in the first place. Going through his tweets I have yet to see one ending with -bo.

Besides Ephrils and pod2g everyone seems so negative......

How about debating the negative vs positive publicity arguement?

While I think negative would hurt in this case, it does work.
    I have plans to use some sort of negative publicity in the future as this is a "marketing experiment" and see what results come of it. I think some stars/celebrities have thin skin on certain subjects and getting into a verbal debate with them on twitter would help get my site more well known.

Thoughts? ideas?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    SweetUSAJobs, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  17. adinugroho

adinugroho Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think that will be great if you open challenge with another DP users to get tweet from obama

adinugroho, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  18. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Websites with 10+ ads usually have large communities so they can afford placing as many ads they want without fear of losing visitors.

But it is your call, do whatever you want.

Devtard, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  19. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice idea man but I don't think you will make it. It will be very difficult for someone so famous to disclose to tweet on your page. You will need big twitter page and great website and you need time for that. All the best from me,I wish you luck. :)

VukasinI, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  20. Knocks

Knocks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will have to wait until Obama retires and has nothing else to do. Or you could go after less famous presidents, like the president of Zambia or something. He might be interested in a sweet USA job.

Knocks, Feb 7, 2013 IP
    indyonline and pigpromoter like this.