1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Total Links To Your Site - Google Webmaster Tools

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by abyse, Feb 6, 2013.

Hi guys, today I logged in Google Webmaster Tools to see how many backlinks I have... now it says that I have "Total links 549" my backlinks dropped from 30k to 549, is this an error ? anyone have similar problem with backlinks ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    abyse, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  2. Jesse12

Jesse12 Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Still we have no update for our back links in webmaster. But as i think this may be due to penguin or panda update you need to analysis this with other tools to.

Hope this will useful for you.

Jesse12, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  3. ija61

ija61 Member

Best Answers:
    This is normal, G is constantly updating their database based on algo updates and also on boots activity.

This mean that some of your links may not meat the new also requirements or your backlinks have been removed.

But beside this that is not an accurate tools since G will never show you all the backlinks that it discover so I suggest to look for another tool and use webmaster tools only to make an idea.

Thank you

ija61, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  4. starcaller

starcaller Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes same problem with me. I logged in to webmaster tools ans saw only 32 backlinks in place of 400.Iam sure there is something going on with webmaster tools.

starcaller, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  5. abyse

abyse Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This must be a bug!‎ I never used directory submissions, blog commenting or forums posting to get "spammy" backlinks, the only method that I used was blogroll / links exchange.

abyse, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  6. ija61

ija61 Member

Best Answers:
    Do you really thing that G have a BUG? :)..

Let me remained you that any technique to build backlinks beside natural links posted by your visitors to other websites are against G guidelines....

But beside this there is no bug or problem this is normal for webmaster tools when algo updates happens.

ija61, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  7. greendealmanager

greendealmanager Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    "links to your site" section on my GWT shows total more than 24000 but when I downloaded the file, it only shows me 927 links, I had around 1000 + yesterday. May be google is under some update. Keep posted guys need to see if this really effect our ranking at google.

greendealmanager, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  8. ija61

ija61 Member

Best Answers:
    You will never be able to download all the links you have.
    If you need to see more than those that are displayed you can use "DOWNLOAD MORE SAMPLE LINKS" but as you can see we are talking about sample links.. G do not permit you to download all the links, only a sample.

And if you don't know there was and PR update and also an algo update on 4th of February or something like that

ija61, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  9. chrisdingle

chrisdingle Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No tool on the web will give you an accurate amount of how many link you currently have. The only people who could is Google and lets face they are not going to do that.

chrisdingle, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  10. jullieroslin

jullieroslin Member

Best Answers:
    Hii,
    You were affected from google link devaluation process. Don't worry about this it is a one kind of process in which your all poor, low quality and spamming back links has been removed by Google automatically.

jullieroslin, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  11. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do check is those backlinks that you build from the site are getting Google Index or not .
    If your backlinks get remove or not being index will cause sudden drop in your backlinks.
    Make sure all the backlinks you build is getting index by Google.

JerrickYeoh, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  12. ija61

ija61 Member

Best Answers:
    Here it all depends on your strategy and link velocity.

If you build many backlinks at the time is not recommended to force G to discover all since this may cause a unnatural flag to rise....

Now it all depends on your strategy and you must adapt to keep it as natural as possible and also keep an eye on the link velocity (must be constant and increasing)

ija61, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  13. MarleneL.Haines

MarleneL.Haines Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do check is those back links that you build from the site are getting Google Index or not .

MarleneL.Haines, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  14. NikitaBeriozkin

NikitaBeriozkin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is full of bugs, just like any other major developer... it's part of coding, and yes google get lots of things completely wrong all the time.

This is a bug. Here's some online reading:
    http://www.seroundtable.com/google-links-homepage-bug-16322.html

From the Article Relating to the issue being discussed:

NikitaBeriozkin, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  15. ija61

ija61 Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the update, nice share here, I would be happy to give you a like but it seems I can't until I have at least 3, but I will keep you in mind

I really didn't see that coming...

I only hope that this is really a BUG and they didn't use that excuse to mask an aggressive algorithm update or an aggressive cleaning process.

I say that because I did see some drastic rank movements in my kw ranking but until I run some test I can't relate the two things so is just supposition based on observation not testing.

ija61, Feb 8, 2013 IP
    NikitaBeriozkin likes this.
  16. NikitaBeriozkin

NikitaBeriozkin Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm with you. If they just devalued all those links via the disawov tool through which they have been gathering data for the past several weeks, link building as we know it is dead. Let's hope for the best :)

NikitaBeriozkin, Feb 8, 2013 IP
    ija61 likes this.
  17. abyse

abyse Notable Member

Best Answers:

Do you really... yes, I'm sure that is a bug!

by John Mueller (Webmaster Trends Analyst at Google)

Source: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/webmasters/_r3YwCyJvB4

abyse, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  18. quickhaggle

quickhaggle Peon

Best Answers:
    If it is not a bug, then it seems that Google has introduced a system where they found the difference between the quality and low quality links. (Just my guess)

quickhaggle, Feb 9, 2013 IP