1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Get More Views Through Reddit

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by officialkent87, Jan 30, 2013.

To be honest, I didn't think that Reddit could be this powerful especially when it comes to getting traffic. For 3 years, I've been a Reddit member and it was only a few days ago that I became active. Why? It all started when I shared a link on Reddit and I was so surprised that in just one night, I got more than 1K views! I mean, I've been using a lot of social bookmarking sites to promote my articles but I've never gotten such great amount of traffic in just one night. Apparently, that was enough to convince me that there's a strategy to using Reddit to drive traffic to articles and blogs and then I accidentally stumbled upon this article which talks about the "proper way" to use Reddit to gain targeted traffic: http://bloggingwizard.com/reddit-quick-dirty-guide-targeted-traffic/

What do you think? Have you ever used Reddit to boost your blog/page views? Can you share a tip or two?

officialkent87, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  2. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    just like with anything else you have to post good content that people like. If what you post sucks and is just to gain a link it won't work for you. If you post something that people are interested in or think is funny than you will have success.

indyonline, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  3. officialkent87

officialkent87 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. I think that is a major factor too. I did share a lot of good posts on Reddit back then but I didn't get a lot of traffic because I didn't even dare to bother about those sub-reddits, etc. To cut the story short, I just used the site to get views without even knowing how things should be properly done. Oh well, I learned my lesson and I'm hoping not to do the same mistakes ever again.;)

officialkent87, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  4. iandille101

iandille101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If I didn't encounter your forum post here, I haven't realized that Reddit is that powerful. Tell me how were you able to get that 1k fan views?

iandille101, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  5. officialkent87

officialkent87 Member

Best Answers:

To tell you the truth, I didn't expect to get that much views. It all happened when I posted a post regarding a particular anime topic. I used a sub-reddit and everything else is history. Now, I am still in the process of discovering the right strategy. As we all know, Reddit hates spam and there's no way that spammers can escape the mods.

I also agree with YasirYar. There is a great difference between a good content and a great content.

officialkent87, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  6. junior_marketer

junior_marketer Member

Best Answers:
    reddit is unpredictable, sometimes you get extremely traffic, but sometimes just ended in the junk and no one touching your links. you must creative and makes more relevant in tittle, be patient and you will get the best result

junior_marketer, Feb 6, 2013 IP